What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Knights rep players

Yosh

Coach
Ponga not injured, check. QLD dominating the forward battle because DSaf is missing, check. Pretty good so far.

Jono078

Referee
I think so too. But no doubt the biggest loss is Cleary.

Wighton sucks. I hope this is the last we see of him in Origin. He might be the worst kicking half in the comp. I’m talking 2020 Pearce bad

Yosh

Coach
If KP plays with this intensity for us every week, we could be anything
Tad unfair. He goes hard every week but he is so slick, just looks like he is cruising. Val looked pumped to be back on the wing and Ponga was classy all game.

Moses looked okay but he didn't control the game. Had some really good kicks but nothing special.

Let's be honest. NSW were never going to win without Daniel Saifiti.

GidleyTwinz

Juniors
Tad unfair. He goes hard every week but he is so slick, just looks like he is cruising. Val looked pumped to be back on the wing and Ponga was classy all game.

Moses looked okay but he didn't control the game. Had some really good kicks but nothing special.

Let's be honest. NSW were never going to win without Daniel Saifiti.
It's not unfair.

I didn't say he doesn't try hard for us - in fact, I've said the exact opposite in previous posts.

But he doesn't lock in quite the same way. Rewatch his reaction to the QLD tries, or the way he responded when Muster got tackled over the sideline. Can't argue it's the same intensity

Jono078

Referee
That was the best we've seen of Kalyn as far as kick returns and perhaps overall running game this year.

His link plays weren't really there, he hung around the ruck a bit too much IMO - but he also hasn't trained with the group before so it's hard to expect him to make all the set plays and link-ups with the halves look slick.

He seemed very vocal tonight, constantly yelling at players, it's really encouraging signs that he's taken his game to the next level!

Best part is it didn't look like it was the most physically taxing game for him, so hoping he rips the Storm to shreds on the weekend!

perverse

Referee
It's not unfair.

I didn't say he doesn't try hard for us - in fact, I've said the exact opposite in previous posts.

But he doesn't lock in quite the same way. Rewatch his reaction to the QLD tries, or the way he responded when Muster got tackled over the sideline. Can't argue it's the same intensity
It's Origin mate, big game. If we ever go deep in the finals and believe we can win, I'm sure you'll see the same. Hell, if we get close to the Storm this weekend you might see the same. Big players find an extra gear in big games, always have. Kalyns challenge at the moment is bringing his A-game every week, finding that consistency and doing it against the best. He's been stellar in every game he's played this year, I do think his injuries robbed us of seeing a real breakout year from him this year. Fortunately, there's still time.

Burwood

Bench
He didn’t overplay his hand. 2020 Ponga would have come up with big plays, but he’d also be guilty of forcing passes or the odd intercept or two.

Yosh

Coach
Just putting it out there, will Mann have learnt anything from being in camp for a week and a half you guys reckon?

Jono078

Referee
Just putting it out there, will Mann have learnt anything from being in camp for a week and a half you guys reckon?
If anything I think he'll take great confidence in being around the team and knowing he is on their (selectors) radar. Should hopefully make him want to put his best foot forward and hopefully find an extra gear.

Yosh

Coach
Also, just putting it out there. During Freddy's press conference, he said he didn't want to talk about the missing halves and it wasn't an issue. He said that Moses and Whighton played well and was especially happy with Moses's defense. Then he went on to say that we were missing our 'key forward' (Daniel Saifiti) and that played a part in the loss.

Either I'm super good at reading between the lines or super biased, clearly Freddy thinks Saifiti is our best forward.