What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL 360 + other footy shows

eels_fan

First Grade
Gus is spot on and is giving a polite version of what most of us have been saying all year.

Anyone who thinks we are at the same level as the Storm and Panthers has rocks in their head.
Last time I checked storm lost to Penrith and Parra. So are they not doing the same thing we are being accused of - beating up on teams that are injured or not trying?

IFR33K

Coach
Gus is spot on and is giving a polite version of what most of us have been saying all year.

Anyone who thinks we are at the same level as the Storm and Panthers has rocks in their head.

Gus didn’t say Melbourne and panthers aren’t beatable, by the eels. He’s saying we need to work on our game if we want to beat them. I assume he’s talking about our attacking structures, rather than being flat track bullies

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Just like how we averaged more points in last year's finals than in the regular season, we are preparing another ambush this year. Hopefully our defence holds up.

Avenger

Immortal
I'm starting to think Mark McGuire might be a f**kwit.
Absolutely and he will never coach another NRL team after he gets boned from the Tigers. Shouting and screaming like a maniac only goes so far. He comes across as quite inarticulate and old fashioned. That approach doesn’t work anymore. You need to endear yourself to the players. He doesn’t because deep down he is an insecure sook that fights his demons with anger sprinkled with little or no self awareness.

He is basically a dumber version of Ricky Stuart.

Last edited:
Absolutely and he will never coach another NRL team after he gets boned from the Tigers. Shouting and screaming like a maniac only goes so far. He comes across as quite inarticulate and old fashioned. That approach doesn’t work anymore. You need to endear yourself to the players. He doesn’t because deep down he is an insecure sook that fights his demons with anger sprinkled with little or no self awareness.

He is basically a dumber version of Ricky Stuart.
Agreed. I only saw some of the promo stuff for that documentary and was appalled at the way he carries on. No wonder Souths punted him.

84 Baby

Referee
Gees Gould is a muppet on 100% Footy

eels have no heart/ticker, nothing has changed from last year, can’t beat Melbourne or panthers.

We only beat teams that are half injured or not trying apparently, and when we do we are happy and we shouldn’t be.

Reckons we should be coming up with a game plan that will beat Penrith and Melbourne and playing that plan the next 7 weeks, even if it doesn’t work against other teams and we lose those games that doesn’t matter
There are 13 other teams in the same position or worse. Did he say they have no heart?
As usual he’s just setting himself up to claim he was either right or he gave them the push to change, with zero regard to reality

Gronk

Staff member
There are 13 other teams in the same position or worse. Did he say they have no heart?
As usual he’s just setting himself up to claim he was either right or he gave them the push to change, with zero regard to reality
I reckon you're bang on. He's got 20-20 hindsight. How easy is it to say "do better or you won't win". He's then a winner no matter what happens.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Last time I checked storm lost to Penrith and Parra. So are they not doing the same thing we are being accused of - beating up on teams that are injured or not trying?
Are we talking about the Storm team that has won its last 14 games? the one with a 434 point differential as we speak? Defending premiers? Boats in their sheds?

You can’t be serious. They lost the best player ever to have played and are sitting at the top of the ladder. How can you be critical of them?

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Gus didn’t say Melbourne and panthers aren’t beatable, by the eels. He’s saying we need to work on our game if we want to beat them. I assume he’s talking about our attacking structures, rather than being flat track bullies
Agreed. That’s how I took it. We are a good team but there are some extra things we need to add if we want to be a great team.

IFR33K

Coach
Agreed. That’s how I took it. We are a good team but there are some extra things we need to add if we want to be a great team.

The only reason why I see him being critical of us, is because we’ve been in this position the past few (except 2018), and we seem content. There’s no changes, tweaks or ‘advancements’ in our game. We happy to bully the weak but fold like toilet paper when it matters. I guess he sees our flaws and limitations but we’re happy because we are 3rd or 4th.

84 Baby

Referee
Their coach is imitating a lesbian tennis player.
They are chicken winging merkins.
Addo-Carr has a rude f**ken haircut.
They are rule bending shitbags.

But apart from that, how can you be critical?
Gus should have said we lacked any of those things which are slightly more concrete than what he offered.
But obviously Gus lacks heart to put his credibility on the line

IFR33K

Coach
Their coach is imitating a lesbian tennis player.
They are chicken winging merkins.
Addo-Carr has a rude f**ken haircut.
They are rule bending shitbags.

But apart from that, how can you be critical?

How Bellamy keeps producing the goods is mind blowing.

King-Gutho94

Coach
I actually thought we attacked differently on friday night. We took more risks in our own half by spreading it early instead of going one out like we do most weeks.

I dont think you have to be Einstein to figure out we need to improve to beat Melbourne and Penrith come finals time.

Those last 2 rounds against them present an interesting challenge can we not only beat them but can we do it twice in a month or do you run the risk of losing all confidence by getting belted by them 2 weeks out of the semis. Before playing them again.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
The only reason why I see him being critical of us, is because we’ve been in this position the past few (except 2018), and we seem content. There’s no changes, tweaks or ‘advancements’ in our game. We happy to bully the weak but fold like toilet paper when it matters. I guess he sees our flaws and limitations but we’re happy because we are 3rd or 4th.
Yep. Which in fairness is exactly what yourself and @hineyrulz have been saying for some time. Can’t fault it until they prove otherwise.

King-Gutho94

Coach
How Bellamy keeps producing the goods is mind blowing.

I think you find he lets most of his steam off in the coaching box so by the time he gets down to the players its all of his chest.

Also helped he had a strong leadership group in scam, billy the karate kid and big nose cooper.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Gus should have said we lacked any of those things which are slightly more concrete than what he offered.
But obviously Gus lacks heart to put his credibility on the line
His criticisms were fairly concrete and clear. Fairly obvious too. Not sure why it’s being debated.

strider

Post Whore
He likes a fu*ken expletive fu*ken. Not sure he'd fu*ken motivate me fu*ken but then again fu*ken, I'm not a fu*ken footy player fu*ken.
I watched the first 10m or so ... f words all over ... then about 7m in they started bleeping them out ... lol .... he just said it 50 times already