What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL 360 + other footy shows

King-Gutho94

Coach
I would love robbo. Current contract ends at end of 2022 same as BA.

But lets be realistic what would we have to offer financially to get him to leave the chooks. I reckon he would be on close to a million a year now. So what $1.5 million a year and thats not even without Uncle nick getting the final say anyway.

I hope the club at least ask the question but what could we sell that he doesn't have the roosters.

Bennett would be probably be cheaper but robbo will be a better long term investment

It makes you wonder though robbo was coaching catalans back in 2012 and could have been signed then while instead we went all in for pricky Ricky. 3 months later the chooks punt brian smith and sign robbo and havent looked back.

TheParraboy

Staff member
Good point they made about Trent Robinson who is constantly rejuvenating his squad and has won 3 at age 44. I’d go all out for him in 2023 if we are to persevere with BA until the end of his current term.

Yup, Ive said this before. Trent should be our number no1 from 2023. Start having informal chats with him now! If he is keen then get the deal done as soon as possible so he can have as much time to work on the squad

Worse thing about BA continuing next year, after a good start to the year, the board will most likely extend his term. so same ole same ole

Noise

Coach
Yup, Ive said this before. Trent should be our number no1 from 2023. Start having informal chats with him now! If he is keen then get the deal done as soon as possible so he can have as much time to work on the squad

Worse thing about BA continuing next year, after a good start to the year, the board will most likely extend his term. so same ole same ole
This is the problem with keeping him next year. If they are looking elsewhere they need to rip the bandaid off this year. Not good having a coach see out 2022 who you know isn't going to be there in 2023.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
This is the problem with keeping him next year. If they are looking elsewhere they need to rip the bandaid off this year. Not good having a coach see out 2022 who you know isn't going to be there in 2023.
Who remembers 2006?? At least Brian Smith could coach.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Who remembers 2006?? At least Brian Smith could coach.

do you remember all the plebs giving to Smithy deluxe, saying yeh he's good but he'll never get us a GF as he has taken us as far as he can ? and good old Misty Bee was the only one sticking up for him

sound familiar ?

hineyrulz

Post Whore
do you remember all the plebs giving to Smithy deluxe, saying yeh he's good but he'll never get us a GF as he has taken us as far as he can ? and good old Misty Bee was the only one sticking up for him

sound familiar ?
I do remember and I was one of them, his time was up and he’d become stale but at least he’d made us a contender. We were unlucky not to win a comp with him. You could never say that about us under Bea, we have never ever looked likely.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
his time was up and he’d become stale

mate, that's Gus level rhetoric, I mean, how can a coach go off ? he's not a piece of meat, if you'd have said he has run out of ideas or whatever, it would make more sense

I think they are similar regarding ability but BA is more of a personnel manager and the players seem to like him where as Smithy and his early morning texts to the individual players and his white boards was not a very good person manager and I don't think the players liked him as much as BA, he did have other strengths with regards to technicalities of the game that BA does not have or utilize

similar success levels but very different in their ways

I appreciate what BA did for us in 15/16 with a shit squad and board of idiots and never made any excuses

maybe his time is up but we'll have to wait and see how the season plays out first

TheParraboy

Staff member
ffs

I don’t want to go to Melbourne to watch Parra play in a grand final..

Be wonderful if they indeed move the big dance down there and Storms missed out :sunglasses:

hineyrulz

Post Whore
mate, that's Gus level rhetoric, I mean, how can a coach go off ? he's not a piece of meat, if you'd have said he has run out of ideas or whatever, it would make more sense

I think they are similar regarding ability but BA is more of a personnel manager and the players seem to like him where as Smithy and his early morning texts to the individual players and his white boards was not a very good person manager and I don't think the players liked him as much as BA, he did have other strengths with regards to technicalities of the game that BA does not have or utilize

similar success levels but very different in their ways

I appreciate what BA did for us in 15/16 with a shit squad and board of idiots and never made any excuses

maybe his time is up but we'll have to wait and see how the season plays out first
I think after 10 years his time was up at Parra, he'd squeezed the lemon dry, plus it didn't help our drongo CEO announced in the off season he wsasn't being extended and Hagan was already named replacement.

And similar success levels LOL ???? Seriously?? Smithy won two minor premierships and made a GF at Parra. Plus made 4 prelim finals and also had a conversation with Pou.

And what has Bea achieved??? A spoon and 1 finals win(against the shit house Donkey's) in 8 seasons. It's embarrassing Bea is even mentioned in this same breath as Smithy. Smithy had his faults as a coach but he's forgotten more about the game of RL than Bea will ever know.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I think after 10 years his time was up at Parra, he'd squeezed the lemon dry, plus it didn't help our drongo CEO announced in the off season he wsasn't being extended and Hagan was already named replacement.

And similar success levels LOL ???? Seriously?? Smithy won two minor premierships and made a GF at Parra. Plus made 4 prelim finals and also had a conversation with Pou.

And what has Bea achieved??? A spoon and 1 finals win(against the shit house Donkey's) in 8 seasons. It's embarrassing Bea is even mentioned in this same breath as Smithy. Smithy had his faults as a coach but he's forgotten more about the game of RL than Bea will ever know.

I was having a good night till you reminded me about Hagen, ffs

and BAs career is not over yet as I said so a bit premature to compare them, he may leave us but he also may coach else where

when his career is over then we can compare them

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I was having a good night till you reminded me about Hagen, ffs

and BAs career is not over yet as I said so a bit premature to compare them, he may leave us but he also may coach else where

when his career is over then we can compare them
That fat lady is singing Twiz, Bea is Brown Bread at Parra. If our board were half competent they would be lining up his replacement ASAP.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
That fat lady is singing Twiz, Bea is Brown Bread at Parra. If our board were half competent they would be lining up his replacement ASAP.

yeh, I pretty much said he may be finished here, I can't think of any decent replacement though

Gary Gutful

Post Whore

Same theory though. Deadshit fans projecting and the combined pressure from unhappy fans and shit media merkins forcing coaches out.

Hopefully now that we are professionally managed and dont have f**kwit factions they'll ignore idiot protestations on this forum. Though I am concerned that @Poupou Escobar is a spy and word will get back to Parra Central.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Same theory though. Deadshit fans projecting and the combined pressure from unhappy fans and shit media merkins forcing coaches out.

Hopefully now that we are professionally managed and dont have f**kwit factions they'll ignore idiot protestations on this forum. Though I am concerned that @Poupou Escobar is a spy and word will get back to Parra Central.
I think the decision to move Smithy was the right one but it was botched quite badly.

Firstly the timing of it all and secondly his replacement was absolutely f**king useless. When Bea is finally moved on we have to get his replacement right because options are thin on the ground. Probably the only reason he is still here.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
I think the decision to move Smithy was the right one but it was botched quite badly.

Firstly the timing of it all and secondly his replacement was absolutely f**king useless. When Bea is finally moved on we have to get his replacement right because options are thin on the ground. Probably the only reason he is still here.
Agree with that.

I know its frustrating at the moment but I have confidence that the club will make the right call and continue make decisions that secure our long term success. That period from 06-14 was just a series of knee jerk reactions. Set our club back enormously.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Agree with that.

I know its frustrating at the moment but I have confidence that the club will make the right call and continue make decisions that secure our long term success. That period from 06-14 was just a series of knee jerk reactions. Set our club back enormously.
And I agree with all of that, and i’m f**king sober 😳

Avenger

Immortal
Phil Gould is a f**kwit know it all. I just watched the latest 100% Footy. He really does not respect us and thinks we are soft cocks. I'd love to see our boys prove him wrong but I can't see it.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Phil Gould is a f**kwit know it all. I just watched the latest 100% Footy. He really does not respect us and thinks we are soft cocks. I'd love to see our boys prove him wrong but I can't see it.
I hate how he dismisses us, but he's generally on the money.