What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL 360 + other footy shows

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I watched plenty of NSW Cup and Rankin was clearly the leader and main organiser in that grade. In the long run Jrthurs exposure may well be beneficial but to say he earned his place ahead of Rankin, in my opinion, just wasnt so.
It reminded me of how long it took Andrew ???? the back rower in 2020 and Maka this year to get their shot when they had clearly earned their opportunity. In Rankins case it never eventuated. I reckon he would have surprised many in the 1s.
I wonder if it was more the case of providing opportunities to potential over journey men without naming specific players. Development prioritised over winning?
Fingers crossed the Kid kicks on.
I think there was definitely a focus on giving youngsters playing time. You couldn't say definitively that Rankin (or Smith) would have given us better results than Arthur. He finished the season with 87% tackle efficiency, which justifies his inclusion. You can talk about Rankin's ability to control the team but that's not what you want from a backup. He just needed to provide a kicking option and solid defence. Solid defence for a halfback isn't 100% effectiveness. 87% is great. Unfortunately that means some missed tackles, which can lead to tries if the cover isn't good enough. That goes for any player.

TheParraboy

Staff member
Last episode of the year - Grand final edition

Looks like only Vonny and Kenty on

No Matt Nable

TheParraboy

Staff member
Oh FFS, Braith ?

Vonny didn't turn out as good as I thought she would

Just couldn't control her giggles and reading her own notes of what was just said in an interview or by someone else on the panel

Thought she may have come good after a few weeks, but she got worse IMO

When she was demanding we all tune in to history being made when Storm were going to beat Parra and get 21 wins in a row, was very unprofessional and arrogant of her. Ikin or Kent never did shit like that. Wouldnt be suprised she copped a lot of heat from fans and her employer for that. I think Enis was the only one why gave her a gobful (in a nice way) at games end.

In any case, not sure her post was a secure long term position but more temporary last minute replacement

I think Lara Pitt would have been better. Hope she gets a weekly gig or very least some cameos

Not sure how Anasta will go, but lets give him a few weeks to find his feet and see if he gets better as he goes along. Think he might go ok

As some have mentioned before I think Dane Ginnane would be brilliant in the role

Gazzamatta

Coach

Just couldn't control her giggles and reading her own notes of what was just said in an interview or by someone else on the panel

When she was demanding we all tune in to history being made when Storm were going to beat Parra and get 21 wins in a row, was very unprofessional and arrogant of her. Ikin or Kent never did shit like that. Wouldnt be suprised she copped a lot of heat from fans and her employer for that. I think Enis was the only one why gave her a gobful (in a nice way) at games end.

In any case, not sure her post was a secure long term position but more temporary last minute replacement

I think Lara Pitt would have been better. Hope she gets a weekly gig or very least some cameos

Not sure how Anasta will go, but lets give him a few weeks to find his feet and see if he gets better as he goes along. Think he might go ok

As some have mentioned before I think Dane Ginnane would be brilliant in the role
Spot on!

Suitman

Post Whore

I would have thought Dan Ginnane was a no brainer as a replacement. He is at least a presenter for tv, and is literate and has a personality. As for Braith - meh.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Ginnane is pretty good he can see through a BS detector pretty quick especially in RL.

I listen to his sportsbet podcast with Joel Caine and his bambi's are spot on.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Anasta will last 1 episode before he is absolutely roasted on here. It will probably be because of something irrelevant like his sideburns or the way he pronounces a word. God help him if he finds something funny.

Latest posts