What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 NRL Grand Final

Its funny, i was over at Kirribilli one day and they were having a local clean up, someone on their front fence had a stack of CD's with a sign free to a good home, i went through them and took a few, one of them was a Pete Murray album, played the album when i got home and it was so boring, i ended up taking it to one of the local op shops later on. I do like Pete Murray as an artist but this CD put me to sleep.

2005 Grand final. Cowboys first ever, Tigers first since 89… 85,000 people packed into the Olympic Stadium… and leading into the big event…

One lone man sits on a chair in the middle of the field… singing….

Nuke

Staff member
I have only been to 4 Grand Finals (1997, 2000, 2003, 2005) and I have extremely limited memories of any pre-game entertainment for any of them ... and I have zero recollection of Pete Murray being there for any of them.

I recall Jimmy Barnes at the ARL 1997 GF plus Julie Anthony doing the national anthem, but being a nervous Novocastrian, my focus was on the game ahead.
2000: All I remember is some group in the stands miming along with 5ive's version of We Will Rock You.
2003: I remember The Hoodoo Gurus playing, and remember Meatloaf being driven around on a car or hovercraft or something.
2005: I remember Kelly Clarkson, and two other groups I'd never heard of at the time, Rogue Traders and The Veronicas. Heard of them since, of course, but at the time, I was like "Who??".

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
Sadly, it's once again looking like Melbourne's premiership to lose. Pack it up folks, we're done here. The off season almost feels like a warm hug after the insulting shitshow this season has been.

roofromoz

First Grade
I agree.

Don't know why, they have been having a two week break in or around their finals for a few years now.

I think the week break has normally been between the last round and first week of the finals, this may be the first year where it is within the finals.

and they shouldn't have

Melbourne played their Qualifying Final on Friday night. Get a week off and play on the Saturday night of the following week. So in fact they get a 15 day break. If they win that game they play the GF after 8 days (as the GF is played on a Sunday).

In 2020, Minor Premiers Penrith played their Qualifying Final on a Friday night, which they won. They played their GF qualifier on a Saturday night after 15 days rest.

In 2019, the Roosters finished second and played their Qualifying Final on a Friday night, which they won. They played their GF qualifier on a Saturday night after 15 days rest.

siv

First Grade
Who plays on Friday preliminary is decided by Ch 9 on who will rate on TV higher

johns_reds

First Grade
Not anymore -

I thought Storm were the most popular club according to that other thread..

Surely if they have fans in Melbourne they would tune in to watch them play their preliminary final? right?

Perth Red

Post Whore
Tickets go on sale this week. Starting at just $49.

The 2021 NRL grand final will be held on Sunday, October 3, kicking off at 6.30pm local time (7.30pm AEDT). Tickets are now on sale for members. Tickets will be available to the general public from $49 at 9am AEST on Thursday, September 16.

azza29

Juniors
Sadly I can't see the QLD border reopening to Melbourne in the next fortnight so I guess it's time to cancel the flights and hope I'll be cheering the boys on from the couch come GF day. Most supporters will be in the same boat this year, be interesting to see which teams get the most representation at the ground.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Sadly I can't see the QLD border reopening to Melbourne in the next fortnight so I guess it's time to cancel the flights and hope I'll be cheering the boys on from the couch come GF day. Most supporters will be in the same boat this year, be interesting to see which teams get the most representation at the ground.
Ive been pondering going, qantas flights are quite reasonable, but knowing how our premier likes to shut the borders I don't think I can risk being stuck in Qlnd for weeks!

Latest posts