What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 NRL Grand Final

Hoofhearted

Juniors
Ive been pondering going, qantas flights are quite reasonable, but knowing how our premier likes to shut the borders I don't think I can risk being stuck in Qlnd for weeks!
You can still get tickets, apparently QLD is the home of RL and have been begging for the GF for what seems like forever, yet still plenty of tickets left.
AFL GF sold out in 9 mins with 180k people online in the queue

Hartwood

Juniors
You can still get tickets, apparently QLD is the home of RL and have been begging for the GF for what seems like forever, yet still plenty of tickets left.
They started selling tickets with fans knowing which teams will be playing. If NRL did the same tickets would be gone by now.

Hoofhearted

Juniors
2005 Grand final. Cowboys first ever, Tigers first since 89… 85,000 people packed into the Olympic Stadium… and leading into the big event…

One lone man sits on a chair in the middle of the field… singing….

I remember it well, some silly dance thing with white balloons dancing around, then Rogue Traders singing Voodoo Child before Pete came out to pump us up. Gave me a chance to duck to the toilet and do a nervous piss before kickoff. He actually sang this song.

I remember it well, some silly dance thing with white balloons dancing around, then Rogue Traders singing Voodoo Child before Pete came out to pump us up. Gave me a chance to duck to the toilet and do a nervous piss before kickoff. He actually sang this song.

haha...

I was at the Tigers Dragons semis at the SFS the week before. Never experienced an atmosphere anything like it. Then roll on next week, I'm at the GF still gutted about losing in the semi, and old mate Pete rolls in with a few of his tunes..

The other two vivid memories I have of that night was the Benji Flick pass of course (I was in the Eastern Grandstand right in line with it) and Paul Rauhihi absolutely rag-dolling some tiger in backplay - which I've never seen footage of.

Best GF I've been to - 2010 (obviously) but the 1999GF - walking into a stadium pre-olympics holding almost 110,000 people - after the biggest crowd at the SFS being a tickle over 40,000 - was just immense. Yeah we lost and one of the most miserable experiences of my life, but the experience was epic. Majority Dragons fans of course but the Storm has a pretty good representation, surprisingly enough.

This Year?

Immortal
65251613.jpg

Perth Red

Post Whore
They also got 60k to neutral prelims, afl fans are just far more committed to their sport.

footy75

Bench

But that's what I like about the NRL... If you want to go to the Grand Final you can.

Ever tried getting a ticket to the AFL Grand Final? It's pretty much impossible.

more fumbler wanking
the 9 minutes to sellout their GF was their club allocation of just
10,000 tickets FFS lol

the NRL has almost no tickets left in the public allocation for its grand final either & I'm certain its club allocation will also sellout in record time

Nuke

Staff member
So now that we have 4 teams remaining, and only 4 possible combinations, what is everyone's preferred choice of Grand Final vs your expected one?

Possible combinations are:
Melbourne vs South Sydney
Melbourne vs Manly
Penrith vs South Sydney
Penrith vs Manly

Personally, I'd prefer to see Penrith vs (I can't believe I'm saying this) Manly, but I'm expecting the opposite (Melbourne vs Souths).

flippikat

Bench
So now that we have 4 teams remaining, and only 4 possible combinations, what is everyone's preferred choice of Grand Final vs your expected one?

Possible combinations are:
Melbourne vs South Sydney
Melbourne vs Manly
Penrith vs South Sydney
Penrith vs Manly

Personally, I'd prefer to see Penrith vs (I can't believe I'm saying this) Manly, but I'm expecting the opposite (Melbourne vs Souths).
My personal preference?

Penrith v Souths: The saga continues...

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
It pretty much sold out in 40 minutes. They’ve been slowly releasing seats held back for groups since. The only tickets you can get atm are $349 a pop and are limited.

The club allocations are pretty limited so once decided they’ll sell immediately.

Fangs

Coach
The 4 best teams of 2021 remain.

Storm and Souffs are intolerable. So Penrith and Manly hopefully get the job done next week.