What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 NRL Season Statistics

Perth Red

Post Whore
The 38 points difference between top and bottom is the most in the modern era.
The Bulldogs 4 wins is the lowest since the Bulldogs of 2002.
Although it feels like Storm and Panthers have been unusually dominant its not unusual for the minor premier to be in the 40-44 point point range (11 times in last 20* seasons)

The 38 points difference between top and bottom is the most in the modern era.
The Bulldogs 4 wins is the lowest since the Bulldogs of 2002.
Although it feels like Storm and Panthers have been unusually dominant its not unusual for the minor premier to be in the 40-44 point point range (11 times in last 20* seasons)

What is unusual to me on the ladder points range is...

The Storm & Penrith finished on DOUBLE the points of a team that also made the finals series - the Titans.

Storm/Panthers - 44
Titans - 22.

To my knowledge that's the first time this has ever happened in finals history.

Perth Red

Post Whore
What is unusual to me on the ladder points range is...

The Storm & Penrith finished on DOUBLE the points of a team that also made the finals series - the Titans.

Storm/Panthers - 44
Titans - 22.

To my knowledge that's the first time this has ever happened in finals history.
Yeh the gap between top and mid table is where the stark contrast is this year compared to most others. 2018 was super tight with 4 teams on 34,and 4 on 32 points in top 8!

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
We have three, maybe four teams that could win the premiership this year... Melbourne, Penrith, Manly and maybe Souths. Blow outs and no second tier footy aside... is it really any different any other year? You never have any more than three... maybe four teams that can realistically win it.

Perth Red

Post Whore
We have three, maybe four teams that could win the premiership this year... Melbourne, Penrith, Manly and maybe Souths. Blow outs and no second tier footy aside... is it really any different any other year? You never have any more than three... maybe four teams that can realistically win it.
Probably more the gap, its quite plausible Storm could blow manly away and Penrith do the same to Souths. The pulling back on the rule changes in the last few weeks has closed the gap again somewhat.

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
Probably more the gap, its quite plausible Storm could blow manly away and Penrith do the same to Souths. The pulling back on the rule changes in the last few weeks has closed the gap again somewhat.
I agree that short-notice rule changes are not great. Happy to see that they are adjusting based on the feedback.

seanoff

Juniors
its not pretty reading - 100 of 192 were basically uncompetitive. Those games had a margin of 18 or more.
64 of those hundred had a margin of 24 or greater. 34 games had a margin greater than 30.

percentages!!!! 52% of games played had margins of 18 or more. 33.33% or games with margins of 24 or greater and 18% with margins of 30 or more.

42 games or 22% had a margin of 6 or less.

Perth Red

Post Whore
its not pretty reading - 100 of 192 were basically uncompetitive. Those games had a margin of 18 or more.
64 of those hundred had a margin of 24 or greater. 34 games had a margin greater than 30.

percentages!!!! 52% of games played had margins of 18 or more. 33.33% or games with margins of 24 or greater and 18% with margins of 30 or more.

42 games or 22% had a margin of 6 or less.
And Vlandys will keep getting his free ride from his media mates. If it had been Greenberg and grant that had fcked up the season this badly with on the run rule changes they would have been publicly crucified.

Jim Rockford

Bench
And Vlandys will keep getting his free ride from his media mates. If it had been Greenberg and grant that had fcked up the season this badly with on the run rule changes they would have been publicly crucified.
I thought that was your job, bitching,moaning and whinging about Vlandys.

Jim Rockford

Bench
And your job is bitching, moaning and whinging about Perth Red?

Cmon Jim - give him a break mate!
Mate, I'm just reminding him that he started up on me before turning tail and running off to hide behind the ignore function. I'm actually getting tired of trying to get him to man up when he's too gutless to defend himself.

Mate, I'm just reminding him that he started up on me before turning tail and running off to hide behind the ignore function. I'm actually getting tired of trying to get him to man up when he's too gutless to defend himself.

So if he's got you on "ignore"... how can he see your reminders?

I've got a few folk who chase me in here, barking away... but there's some good ones too.

Maybe time to just smoke the peace pipe. I like you both.... but also do find this stuff hilarious.

Jim Rockford

Bench
So if he's got you on "ignore"... how can he see your reminders?

I've got a few folk who chase me in here, barking away... but there's some good ones too.

Maybe time to just smoke the peace pipe. I like you both.... but also do find this stuff hilarious.
Mate, I like you too but as long as PR is going to selfishly advocate cutting or relocating Sydney teams just so he can get his West Coast ButtPirates, I've got nothing but complete contempt for him. Also, he may not be able to see what I've written but he can see that I've posted something. That in itself should be a reminder that he doesn't have the courage to back up his moronic ideas.

I wouldn't now how to find the ignore function...

FYI - To use it, on any post from the user you want to put on ignore, hover your mouse cursor over their profile pic/name located to the left of the post. It will bring up a new window which, at the bottom has 3 buttons you can click on "Follow", "Ignore" and "Start Conversation". Hope that helps.

Mate, I like you too but as long as PR is going to selfishly advocate cutting or relocating Sydney teams just so he can get his West Coast ButtPirates, I've got nothing but complete contempt for him. Also, he may not be able to see what I've written but he can see that I've posted something. That in itself should be a reminder that he doesn't have the courage to back up his moronic ideas.

haha. ahh good fun for a read.

FYI - To use it, on any post from the user you want to put on ignore, hover your mouse cursor over their profile pic/name located to the left of the post. It will bring up a new window which, at the bottom has 3 buttons you can click on "Follow", "Ignore" and "Start Conversation". Hope that helps.

Cheers Captain. I'm not actually bothered by it, people can have a pop at whatever I've written if they like. Some have pretty good arguments, are quite clever/funny and generally good fun. Opinions are opinions and that's fine.

It's when people confuse their opinions with facts, usually accompanied by simpleton put-downs, I lose interest in them. They are the ones who are generally looking to pick a fight, thick as pigshit, think their opinion is above anyone elses, or all of the above. Internet smart-arses. But hey that's what you're gonna see every now and then if you dip your toe into the waters of internet forums. All part of the experience.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Cheers Captain. I'm not actually bothered by it, people can have a pop at whatever I've written if they like. Some have pretty good arguments, are quite clever/funny and generally good fun. Opinions are opinions and that's fine.

It's when people confuse their opinions with facts, usually accompanied by simpleton put-downs, I lose interest in them. They are the ones who are generally looking to pick a fight, thick as pigshit, think their opinion is above anyone elses, or all of the above. Internet smart-arses. But hey that's what you're gonna see every now and then if you dip your toe into the waters of internet forums. All part of the experience.
I've got no problem with people disagreeing with my opinions or ideas, most do lol. He's just an abusive idiot who adds nothing to a discussion and posts personal abuse, ignore is the online equivalent of walking away from the loud mouthed idiot in the pub!