What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Origin II - QLD 0-26 NSW @ Suncorp

Series: QLD v NSW

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

Origin 2021 - Game II
Queensland v New South Wales
Suncorp Stadium, Milton (TICKETS)
Sunday 27 June 2021

QLD Police v NSW Police 5:20pm -- Shepherd 7:15pm -- Origin kickoff 7:50pm

QLD-MEN-2022.png

1. Reece Walsh 2. Valentine Holmes 3. Kurt Capewell 4. Dane Gagai 5. Kyle Feldt 6. Cameron Munster 7. Daly Cherry-Evans 8. Christian Welch 9. Andrew McCullough 10. Josh Papali'i 11. Jai Arrow 12. Felise Kaufusi 13. Tino Fa'asuamaleaui
14. Ben Hunt 15. Moeaki Fotuaika 16. David Fifita 17. Francis Molo
18. Coen Hess 19. Ronaldo Mulitalo

NSW-MEN-2022.png

1. James Tedesco 2. Brian To'o 3. Latrell Mitchell 4. Tom Trbojevic 5. Josh Addo-Carr 6. Jarome Luai 7. Nathan Cleary 8. Daniel Saifiti 9. Damien Cook 10. Junior Paulo 11. Cameron Murray 12. Tariq Sims 13. Isaah Yeo
14. Jack Wighton 15. Angus Crichton 16. Payne Haas 17. Liam Martin
18. Apisai Koroisau 19. Campbell Graham 20. Dale Finucane

BvW7aru.png

Referee: Gerard Sutton
Sideline Officials: Todd Smith, Phil Henderson
Video Referee: Ashley Klein​

Last edited:

Jason Maher

Immortal
Assuming no further injuries or suspensions, then Crichton comes in, Sims goes to the bench, and Martin drops out. I'd personally punt both Martin and Sims and bring in Finucane, and I'd take Martin over Sims, but that's nitpicking. Freddy isn't going to make unforced changes other than brining in Crichton after a win like that. Haas should start over fat Turbo. We'll need his grunt from the start at Suncorp.

Assuming no further injuries or suspensions, then Crichton comes in, Sims goes to the bench, and Martin drops out. I'd personally punt both Martin and Sims and bring in Finucane, and I'd take Martin over Sims, but that's nitpicking. Freddy isn't going to make unforced changes other than brining in Crichton after a win like that. Haas should start over fat Turbo. We'll need his grunt from the start at Suncorp.
I would leave the team as it is.

Valheru

Coach
QLD are in the same position NSW were in during the streak.

They have 0 chance of winning a fast open game as NSW has it all over them in the backs. They need to make the contest a forward grind.

NSW by 50

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
We're getting a blue sweep this year. QRL have absolutely dropped their bundle with preparation and selections. I don't know what the **** they were smoking bringing Green in to coach. They should have been on hands and knees begging Bennett to stay on.

When you've got Joe O and Su'a on your bench to match up against Haas and Paulo, you know you're scraping the bottom of the barrel. Between that and our back 5 looking like hot trash compared to theirs, and the starting forwards getting rolled, there really isn't much left to hang your hat on.

The_Frog

First Grade
You are dropping good performers from a side that won by 44. Still, I think Crichton for Martin is likely. The decision was made, rightly or wrongly, that Finucane wasn't the right choice, and nothing has happened to change that. And how would Fittler explain a loss after changing a winning side.

The_Frog

First Grade
We're getting a blue sweep this year. QRL have absolutely dropped their bundle with preparation and selections. I don't know what the **** they were smoking bringing Green in to coach. They should have been on hands and knees begging Bennett to stay on.

When you've got Joe O and Su'a on your bench to match up against Haas and Paulo, you know you're scraping the bottom of the barrel. Between that and our back 5 looking like hot trash compared to theirs, and the starting forwards getting rolled, there really isn't much left to hang your hat on.
I suspect Suncorp will be watered for 4 hours a day starting now to make a slow track for the second game, to nullify the NSW outside backs.

myrrh ken

First Grade
There will be a better showing from Qld with Pap and Ponga back in and Munster not playing injured. Probably need to find a centre from somewhere as well.

blaza88z

Coach
Bring in a centre, Capewell to the backrow, happy with the halves. Mahoney in for Grant, give the forwards a spray and try and get some more intensity about their play.

Hope to god Ponga is fit, it's our only chance really. This NSW side has a lot of points in them, too many points to be persisting with Holmes at fullback, not the most creative fullback going around.

King hit

Coach

Please don’t hurt our chances

_Johnsy

Referee

1) Pride in the jumper.
2) Pick & stick QLD loyalty.
3) Anyone QLD select will get the job done.
4) Our players will get off their hospital bed, play injured and get the job done.

Take your pick.

some11

Referee
Papalii and a fit Welch will help but outside backs - spare me.

Losing Collins to an acl earlier in the year really worried me because he was a weapon off the bench last year. You're really expecting ofahengaue to have an impact? lol. just another useless ex-bronco.

I can't recall QLD's edge defence ever being that bad before. They had no idea. If Paul Green can't get them up for a game at Suncorp then he's probably out of a job.