What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Origin III - NSW 18-20 QLD @ Cbus Super

Series: NSW v QLD

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Chief_Chujo

First Grade
Looking at the stats, Teddy and Jack took 43 runs between them, the issue is alot of those runs were in good attacking positions which completely starved Latrell and Turbo who both at times had to come into the middle to even get their hands on the ball
Tbf to Jack, it's obvious he's been told to do that. You listen to Brandy on Fox or Joey tonight and I've zero doubt they screamed at him all week to just run it. Dunno what was up with Teddy though.

Delboy

First Grade
Moses played well second half, but Tedesco was just terrible, basically didn’t pass the whole game and starved the centre’s more than the halves did in the the first half.

Easy to find individual faults , but Haas defence on the goaline coupled with Sutton deciding to only ref one team played a big part.

BranVan3000

Coach
Teddy 43 touches for 16 passes.

I don't mind Simple Jack running, that's his best asset and we saw what happened when he tried to kick or pass in the first half
Latrell or Turbo might have worked better at FB with this halves selection seeing as they are more ball playing fullback

Unpopular opinion but I wouldn't have Freddy coaching the side. The team has enough talent to mostly coach itself and imo Fittler gets selections wrong more often than not. Like, why wouldn't you just have Reynolds and Walker when they're 1. In better form and 2. Would have formed the entire Souffs spine combination along with Cook and Latrell.

He really is blind Freddy.

Someguy

First Grade
the issue is alot of those runs were in good attacking positions which completely starved Latrell

seriously the way he was playing at the end Latrell would have just run straight into gagai flopped around for 30 seconds after being tackled, walked 8m off the mark before he played it and then start slapping the markers in the face. Immense talent but no self control in a tough game

This Year?

Immortal
Don't go down that path man! I will never forget sitting at Suncorp two weeks ago and not seeing my state score a point after they were dusted 50-6. With Cleary and Luai its most likely a sweep (unfortunately)
I'm so far down that path that it's too late to turn around. NSW should have won that game but couldn't get their heads out of their arses and ruined a rare opportunity.
QLD did the best they could with the team they had and once again brought origin back to life.

In two days Hunt will go back to the dragons and stink it up so badly and disappoint me twice in a week.
Such is life.

Sphagnum

Coach
"Next year we've got Greeny"
giphy.gif