What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Origin III - NSW 18-20 QLD @ Cbus Super

Series: NSW v QLD

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

stryker

First Grade
Tbf to Jack, it's obvious he's been told to do that. You listen to Brandy on Fox or Joey tonight and I've zero doubt they screamed at him all week to just run it. Dunno what was up with Teddy though.
If so, that is a braindead game plan.
Feed your centre’s and win comfortably

WaznTheGreat

Referee
LOL Moses after this game

21_2_1-wearing-a-toupee-is-a-quick-way-to-gain-full-and-attractive-head-of-hair.jpg

The_Frog

First Grade
The halves pairing tonight isn't a patch on the incumbent pairing, and the decision to kick for goal when a kick for touch and 6 again in the ripe end of the field would've posed far more of a threat was dumb dumb dumb

Qld's forward presence was better tonight for sure as well

But FMD we're never seeing another white wash are we? You're kidding yourself if you think the final score is an accurate reflection on the game.

This is the kind of rubbish I was talking about before the series- of the ref interfering in the game doing everything possible to orchestrate a result. Qld got away with lying all over the Blues players tonight because we couldn't have NSW winning 3-0 could we? Couldn't even sell out a 25k capacity stadium after losing the series.

The silver lining is that Paul Green goes around again next season...
Precisely the same thing happened last time a state went for a clean sweep. It was Tedesco's debut. Moylan, playing at 6, fed him the ball all night and Qld kept tackling him. NSW won that one narrowly after similar reffing to tonight, only the other way.

pantherz9103

First Grade
Well a Blues clean sweep just wasn't in the script this year. Not a single home game and injured star halves replaced by a couple of muppets in Game 3 made it a bridge too far. Hunt and Ponga are the ultimate deliver when it doesn't really matter kind of players as well. Blues still won 94-26 which is a For and Against record!

Reflector

Juniors
Precisely the same thing happened last time a state went for a clean sweep. It was Tedesco's debut. Moylan, playing at 6, fed him the ball all night and Qld kept tackling him. NSW won that one narrowly after similar reffing to tonight, only the other way.
Exactly.

Like I'm always happy when the shield comes home, but when they try so hard to pull a certain result as opposed to letting the game play out it irks me.

GongPanther

Referee
Unpopular opinion but I wouldn't have Freddy coaching the side. The team has enough talent to mostly coach itself and imo Fittler gets selections wrong more often than not. Like, why wouldn't you just have Reynolds and Walker when they're 1. In better form and 2. Would have formed the entire Souffs spine combination along with Cook and Latrell.

He really is blind Freddy.
If it came to a point that the NSWRL board thought there had to be a change of coach, you'd have to pick Brandy who I think has a more logical and serious approach to the game than Fittler.

But in saying that, we still won the series, and there is no need for a change when you think that NSW were severely hampered by not having Cleary and Luai at hand, although it was a big mistake in not picking the Souths halves.

ChocOConnor

Juniors
I don’t know if I watched the same game but Ponga was good but I thought hunt was MOM. The way Johns and his channel 9 cartel are going on Ponga was slater and Cameron Smith all rolled into one.

Latest posts