What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 PF 1 Fri - South Sydney 36-16 Manly @ Suncorp

Finals Week 3: South Sydney v Manly

• South Sydney Rabbitohs

Votes: 18 45.0%
  • Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles

Votes: 19 47.5%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 3 7.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BranVan3000

Coach
Taafe's doing a job now, and he's much better at positioning then Mitchell, but he hasn't got the rig to be a durable career FB.

He's a HB right through juniors and he was a HB in the Flegg premiership. Ilias was FE. Watch the game, it's on NSWRL.

Besides, Mitchell is on FB money.

Ilias will have to bide his time for another season or so, and get opportunities as 14 or injuries/origin.
Taaffe is basically the same size as Billy Slater. Size won't be a limitation if he is good enough

If he's right for the role then he is right. It'll be up to Demetriou in the end. He has some good options

reanimate

Bench
It's your centres and your hooker that let you down, they're your weak points and the good coaches know it.
I don't know why the Dragons want Suli, he's a real liability in defence. I don't think the commentary team mentioned Croker's name at all because he does nothing - apart from tackle.
I thought Croker did a great job all year. He’s not a natural hooker, but he grew into the role and played a lot better there than he ever did in the halves. His defence improved a lot with the extra bulk Des made him pack on as well.

GongPanther

Referee
Stage is set for Cleary to stand up and take control tonight.

Cook put his poor performances in the previous prelims behind him. Can Cleary stand up and dominate a big game?
Yep. That time when every player will perform at their upmost. Panthers have already faced the Storm in a GF, so we shouldn't be overawed in the occasion.

If Melbourne win, good luck to them. But I'll be on the Sydney side on GF day if that it the case.

kit66

Bench
I thought Croker did a great job all year. He’s not a natural hooker, but he grew into the role and played a lot better there than he ever did in the halves. His defence improved a lot with the extra bulk Des made him pack on as well.

He looks good when you're dominating but when you struggle, like last night, he's not going to help you out with some great runs or kicks or sneaky plays or just getting some extra work out of his pack, he's a very basic hooker and if Manly want to go further they'll need a real hooker. Not sure who your Centre options are for 2022, hope they're better than Suli and Harper ( although Harper has potential ). Apart from that you've got a great team who can only improve. I can't believe I just said that, I fkn hate Manly.

Latest posts