What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 PF 1 Sat - Melbourne 6-10 Penrith @ Suncorp

Finals Week 3: Melbourne v Penrith

• Melbourne Storm

Votes: 28 57.1%
  • Penrith Panthers

Votes: 19 38.8%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 2 4.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

NRL 2021 - Finals Week 3
Melbourne Storm v Penrith Panthers
Suncorp Stadium, Milton (TICKETS)
Saturday 25 September 2021

NRL kickoff 4:00pm

MELBOURNE-2021.png

1. Ryan Papenhuyzen 2. George Jennings 3. Reimis Smith 4. Justin Olam 5. Josh Addo-Carr 6. Cameron Munster 7. Jahrome Hughes 8. Jesse Bromwich 9. Brandon Smith 10. Christian Welch 11. Felise Kaufusi 12. Kenneath Bromwich 13. Dale Finucane
Interchange: 14. Harry Grant 15. Tui Kamikamica 16. Nelson Asofa-Solomona 17. Nicholas Hynes 18. Aaron Pene 19. Tom Eisenhuth 20. Chris Lewis 21. Isaac Lumelume

PENRITH-2021.png

1. Dylan Edwards 2. Stephen Crichton 3. Paul Momirovski 4. Matt Burton 5. Brent Naden 6. Jarome Luai 7. Nathan Cleary 8. Moses Leota 9. Apisai Koroisau 10. James Fisher-Harris 11. Viliame Kikau 12. Kurt Capewell 13. Isaah Yeo
Interchange: 14. Tyrone May 15. Scott Sorensen 16. Tevita Pangai Junior 17. Liam Martin 18. Izack Tago 19. Spencer Leniu 20. J'maine Hopgood 21. Brian To'o

BvW7aru.png

Referees: Gerard Sutton
Sideline Officials: Todd Smith, Dave Munro
Video Referees: Ashley Klein​

Last edited:

Perth Red

Post Whore
Hopefully the ref doesn’t allow so many offsides like the parra v panthers game and we have an open game.

GongPanther

Referee
When we play the Storm, we will really start to show our true colours. IMO, we are the side that has the only realistic chance to defeat the storm, because of our brutal and relentless defense.

Both Souths or Manly fans are begging us to beat this mob on Saturday night because at least they'll be able to rest a lot easier if we can deal with the Storm.

Panthers 24-14.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
30+ really is the likeliest result. Penrith are busted and Melbourne are the opposite. If Penrith rush To'o back, Melbourne will work him over

Apey

Staff member
When we play the Storm, we will really start to show our true colours. IMO, we are the side that has the only realistic chance to defeat the storm, because of our brutal and relentless defense.

Both Souths or Manly fans are begging us to beat this mob on Saturday night because at least they'll be able to rest a lot easier if we can deal with the Storm.

Panthers 24-14.
Did you type this one-handed?

Vic Mackey

Referee
I don’t think it will be a flogging, Penriths defence is still very good, however I struggle to see where the panthers tries will come from. 2 in 2 games, both from grubbers, now against a team with better defence then the previous 2. Their halves aren’t taking the line on and everything is too sideways, Melbourne will eat it up.

Mitch Kenny being injured is a good thing, it might force Ivan to pick another prop on the bench.

Storm are rested. They beat a team by 40 who just put 40 on the team who came 5th. The only 2 tries they conceded were due to errors from a replacement winger who won’t be there Friday.

Melbourne 20-6

BranVan3000

Coach
Everyone is going in thinking Melbourne are overwhelming favourites but Im not so sure

Panthers are battered and bruised but battle hardened. They've seen the peaks of effort and defence going into this finals series. And I think Storm have been a bit under tested late this year.

They beat the Origin hangover Panthers late in the year without Cleary, To'o, Yeo, Api & Fisher Harris

As I said, if we consider Penrith, Souths and Parra as the teams shown capable of showing a top tier defence then I think the only time they've come up against it is against Parra and the Storm folded

I hope Storm are sniffing their own farts because I think Storm will get a bit shook when they realise how tight the Penrith defence is and its going to come down to who wants it more. My bet is that Penrith want it more

Penrith 12-6 and limp into the GF

Latest posts