What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 PF 1 Sat - Melbourne 6-10 Penrith @ Suncorp

Finals Week 3: Melbourne v Penrith

• Melbourne Storm

Votes: 28 57.1%
  • Penrith Panthers

Votes: 19 38.8%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 2 4.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BunniesMan

Immortal
Besides the fact that I think Penrith would be easier opposition, I want them to win this because if we do lose I would rather lose to them then the team that has gotten off on playing against the spirit of the game on and off the field for years.

I hope the Panthers win narrowly in an exhausting high tempo street brawl.

Vic Mackey

Referee
The shit thing for Penrith is that Melbourne have seen from both Souths and Parra how to nullify their attack - relentless edge and OB line speed and take away any time Luai and Cleary have to put on anything. Basically the same thing Penrith have been doing to the opposition for the last two seasons.

In attack, Parra kept trying to go around them rather than attacking between the half and edge. Melbourne on the other hand are the masters of going right through the 3 and 4 man in defence, and I can't see anything different in this match. The Cleary-Capewell, and Luai-Martin defensive combos had better be prepared because Melbourne will be coming for them. Penrith's OB line speed makes it difficult to get around them so a little short dink outside or an inside ball to Paps could be the line break between 3 and 4 man, or inside through a tiring Panthers middle.

not sure Craig Bellamy is going to be watching Brad Arthur’s teams to get coaching tips

Grapple

Bench
Not sure why Melbourne are such heavy favourites at the TAB.

A week off only gives you so much advantage. It can also make you slow to start. I can see Penrith coming out and winning the first half and Melbourne machine rolling them in the second 40. Storm do this better than anyone. Always have, always will.

Can't see this being a blow out despite the odds. Penrith have been working for this game for a long time. Melbourne are at another level but if Penrith are aggressive they can rattle them. I hope so. I'm not interested in seeing Melbourne in another GF, though they probably deserve it.

big hit!

Bench
Not sure why Melbourne are such heavy favourites at the TAB.

A week off only gives you so much advantage. It can also make you slow to start. I can see Penrith coming out and winning the first half and Melbourne machine rolling them in the second 40. Storm do this better than anyone. Always have, always will.

Can't see this being a blow out despite the odds. Penrith have been working for this game for a long time. Melbourne are at another level but if Penrith are aggressive they can rattle them. I hope so. I'm not interested in seeing Melbourne in another GF, though they probably deserve it.

The niggles and the fatigue compounds. A week off helps enormously. Just look at Melbourne and Souths vs Manly and Penrith going into Week 1 of finals. Bellamy and Bennett rested players with fatigue or injury concerns in the final round whereas Des and Ivan didn't. And then look at last night's prelim.

I'd even say the Melbourne favouritism is also down to Penrith struggling to score points in their last two games, and the opposition working out how to neutralise their attack - get up fast into Luai's and Cleary's face!

Ivan will know this is coming again, and will need to have devised something during the week to counter it, otherwise it's a Melbourne vs South Sydney GF.

93C4B3FD-2878-49CF-A751-4A2F8A10F388.jpeg
Its time for “Rodent-Man” to suck in and suffocate on the smug he created.

The cretinous liar who deceived the Tigers, their members, fans, players and sponsors.

Time to re-live the fun of last years grand final.

Imposter, characterless, karen in male drag.

Stuff you Ivan and everything you believe in.

Smug rodent man. I hope they do you slowly.

Munted

Bench
View attachment 54339
Its time for “Rodent-Man” to suck in and suffocate on the smug he created.

The cretinous liar who deceived the Tigers, their members, fans, players and sponsors.

Time to re-live the fun of last years grand final.

Imposter, characterless, karen in male drag.

Stuff you Ivan and everything you believe in.

Smug rodent man. I hope they do you slowly.
R U ok?

shear_joy9

Coach
really makes no sense really Penrith have been flat but no doubt their focus has been on this game.
How does it make no sense? Storm are comfortably the best team in the comp, are injury free, in form. Panthers team is battered, attack is non existent, lost to Souths and should have lost to parra. I’ll be shocked if the storm don’t win by double digits.

Reflector

Juniors
Hope PENRITH!!! get up here.

The Smug winning is still more bearable than when the PWC win, which is a loss for the game for Rugby League as a whole.

roofromoz

First Grade
images
Just getting comfortable

Latest posts