What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 PF 1 Sat - Melbourne 6-10 Penrith @ Suncorp

Finals Week 3: Melbourne v Penrith

• Melbourne Storm

Votes: 28 57.1%
  • Penrith Panthers

Votes: 19 38.8%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 2 4.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

t-ba

Post Whore
Let’s face it if you can’t beat the Baldamatta Eels in a season you don’t deserve to play in the GF. We gave the Storm Alopecia.

%2Fmethode%2Ftimes%2Fprod%2Fweb%2Fbin%2F89d64180-427f-11e8-99ea-a5dd07dd144b.jpg

Billythekid

First Grade
I think Smith was probably the biggest loss. I reckon Storm win with 1. Hynes 6. Munster 7. Hughes 9. Smith.

On the other hand, they didnt look like they wanted to win today tbh. Worst game I've seen them play for a while. That completion rate.
It's all hypotheticals but yeah i agree about Smith. The loss of Smith shifted a huge amount of extra workload to other forwards and we lost his X factor. I think he has been the heart and soul of our team this year.

I feel bad because i didn't used to rate him at 9 but now i think he's close to the best 9 in the game.

moffla

Bench
I think it's a bit weird because people have been telling us for the past half a season that the premiership is literally ours already. Personally I think when it all settles down it will be pretty crazy to think how good the storm have done after losing that last of the big 3. Crazy season really.

Also whilst this loss stings that won't compare to souths ruining the 50 point thread. f**k panthers better win next week.
Yeah you’re not wrong. After two seasons on playing on the road we’ve come away with a premiership and a minor premiership. I’ll take it

roofromoz

First Grade
The Storm write their name in the history books as minor premiers who have equalled the longest winning streak, with one of the players scoring a record 6 tries in a game.
Many would have predicted them to be back to back premiers after their insane differentail, but the Panthers redemption cannot be denied.

Just like Penrith last year - 17 in a row, and then...

GongPanther

Referee
Melbourne were amazing with being that close with a two man bench
We should have put them to bed with the possession and field position. Edwards really shits me at times, and what makes it worse is that the talking heads on TV talked him up without pointing out that he left potentially 12 points out there before 1/2 time.

He is a 80/20 liability.

Munky

Coach
Doesn't count all of the metres to run to stand next to the play the ball on the last every set either.

Best player on the field imo

Gets there every kick too.

Cynical as f**k, but it's the little things

Best player on the field every week. Moses look good in a origin.

In for a Cordner retirement so I hope he gets one next week.

roofromoz

First Grade
The Panthers are the most unlikeable team in the NRL by some stretch. Disaster having them in the grand final.

Luai - merkin
JFH - merkin
Martin - merkin
Cleary x 2 - merkins both
Leota - merkin
Burton - merkin
TPJ - merkin
May - merkin
Capewell - merkin
Kikau - merkin

and as for Edwards? He’s a merkin.

Souths by 40

Please, if Kikau leaves Penrith, he goes to Canberra. Just to spite you.

The_Frog

First Grade
2021 - Bellamy blows a premiership putting Pappa back to fullback when his side had absolutely clicked with Hynes back there...
Papenhuyzen or Hynes, one or the other, but not both. They were found out today with only two forwards on the bench, as was expected.

shear_joy9

Coach
2019 - Bellamy blows a premiership sitting out Croft, when he was by far there best halfback option
2021 - Bellamy blows a premiership putting Pappa back to fullback when his side had absolutely clicked with Hynes back there...

Over rated coach.
he lost it attempting to moneyball the comp by selecting reimis and gennings. They probably would have even won with reimis on the wing and hynes at centre

Latest posts