What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 PF 1 Sat - Melbourne 6-10 Penrith @ Suncorp

Finals Week 3: Melbourne v Penrith

• Melbourne Storm

Votes: 28 57.1%
  • Penrith Panthers

Votes: 19 38.8%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 2 4.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Apey

Staff member
It's all hypotheticals but yeah i agree about Smith. The loss of Smith shifted a huge amount of extra workload to other forwards and we lost his X factor. I think he has been the heart and soul of our team this year.

I feel bad because i didn't used to rate him at 9 but now i think he's close to the best 9 in the game.
Grant looked f**ked physically all game and lost his impact too.

BranVan3000

Coach
Thanks yobbs. Of all the grand finals we have played in win lose or draw, I'm going to enjoy this for a different reasoning. Playing South Sydney to me, and I'm sure for other Panthers fans, will be the upmost honor being the history and grand culture your club espouses.
This is the sort of respect that should be shown between the two best, smuggest teams in the comp

He was busting a gut… but I honestly think he wasn’t being backed up with options for a long time…

Hughes was immense but Munster was wandering around aimlessly… those two couldn’t have been more disconnected. Combined with losing Welch n Smith, too much was going wrong with them.

Munky

Coach

Bellamy took two small men on the bench.

Like Macarons it's a recipe for disaster if something goes wrong.

I was hoping he'd carry Grant and Hynes and it worked for us in a tough game.