What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 PF 1 Sat - Melbourne 6-10 Penrith @ Suncorp

Finals Week 3: Melbourne v Penrith

• Melbourne Storm

Votes: 28 57.1%
  • Penrith Panthers

Votes: 19 38.8%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 2 4.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Reflector

Juniors
@hineyrulz @This Year? @Reflector
while we are reminiscing
c150b6c5-0431-4eb2-9448-7e6e5afe2398-jpeg.52597
It's like the G Train with Gal's head on Thomas, but funnier

They have no idea who he is…
The boys on our forum are still waiting for you to swear your allegiance to Wests tigers cwp. A really happy club with nice decent fans and a club of stability that everyone loves and respects.

You would be one of first international forumers. From the old country too like our Jackson Hastings and young Gildart.

Although the Panthers are in this grand final thing, I can tell you their town, where their supporters live, it’s filthy. Garbage everywhere, bordered up shops and the cops stay clear of the general area.

933BD3D3-D8CD-4A80-B830-C0C3648145B3.jpeg
High Street Penrith.

So I don’t know what these Panther fans are telling you about Penrith, but this is a photo I took yesterday and I assure you it’s a bad look. This is the good side of the town too, the cbd, “ Seaview Heights”

Its a bus to nowhere my son. Get off at Concord.

At Campbelltown and Balmain, you can walk down the street without being mugged and beaten within an inch of your life for a lousy 10 pence. At Penrith, they would see a fine English gentleman like you and eat you alive.

We love our new Australians at West Tigers, especially you pommie bastards. At Penrith, you get stabbed for coughing as they don’t understand co vid. They think that kills it. That’s their solution for most of life’s ailments.

Last edited:
strange isn’t it. Didn’t question the refs, no sooking about tactics etc. Thought it was classy but I am biased
Unlike many other coaches, he acknowledged the opposition and how well they played. Obviously the injuries were mentioned (by the press), but he acknowledged them but did not use as an excuse. A class act.

Last edited:
We completely got in your heads, right from the lead up. Put you right off your game. It won't happen again. You'll be better, and so will we.
I think what Cleary did last time will serve him well for this week. Doesnt have to say anything about the refs, and if Wayne does go down that route, Cleary can just say 'Wayne looking to influence the refs again'. Outside of that, Ivan should just STFU and focus on us.

Last edited:

Front-Rower

First Grade
Bellamy yesterday finally realised what it’s like to have sub-standard players in your team. Nothing to do with the coaching, it’s the cattle *cough* George Jennings.

big hit!

Bench
The loss of Welch and Smith was huge. Penrith got off too an early start and it was going to be an effort for Melbourne to get on top in the arm wrestle after losing those two in the first quarter of the match. Errors didn’t help their cause.

big hit!

Bench
The referee alowed the game to be really slowed down in the ruck (for both teams), so that also impacted Grant's effectiveness.

Grant has a tendency to overplay his hand. And when it’s not working out, he does it even more. He wasn’t on the same page as his teammates, and they had no idea where he was going to do.

Dare I say it, the steadying influence of C.Smith is what they needed yesterday.

Last edited:

The_Frog

First Grade
I think what Cleary did last time will serve him well for this week. Doesnt have to say anything about the refs, and if Wayne does go down that route, Cleary can just say 'Wayne looking to influence the refs again'. Outside of that, Ivan should just STFU and focus on us.

That would become a headline. He just should play dumb.

Latest posts