What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 PF 1 Fri - South Sydney 36-16 Manly @ Suncorp

Finals Week 3: South Sydney v Manly

• South Sydney Rabbitohs

Votes: 18 45.0%
  • Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles

Votes: 19 47.5%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 3 7.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

NRL 2021 - Finals Week 3
South Sydney Rabbitohs v Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles
Suncorp Stadium, Milton (TICKETS)
Friday 24 September 2021

NRL kickoff 7:50pm

SOUTHSYDNEY-2021.png

1. Blake Taaffe 2. Alex Johnston 3. Dane Gagai 4. Campbell Graham 5. Jaxson Paulo 6. Cody Walker 7. Adam Reynolds 8. Mark Nicholls 9. Damien Cook 10. Tevita Tatola 11. Keaon Koloamatangi 12. Jaydn Su'A 13. Cameron Murray
Interchange: 14. Benji Marshall 15. Jacob Host 16. Thomas Burgess 17. Jai Arrow 18. Taane Milne 19. Patrick Mago 20. Braidon Burns 21. Jed Cartwright

MANLY-2021.png

1. Tom Trbojevic 2. Jason Saab 3. Brad Parker 4. Morgan Harper 5. Reuben Garrick 6. Kieran Foran 7. Daly Cherry-Evans 8. Josh Aloiai 9. Lachlan Croker 10. Martin Taupau 11. Haumole Olakau'atu 12. Josh Schuster 13. Jake Trbojevic
Interchange: 14. Dylan Walker 15. Karl Lawton 16. Sean Keppie 17. Taniela Paseka 18. Toafofoa Sipley 19. Moses Suli 20. Curtis Sironen 21. Tevita Funa

BvW7aru.png

Referees: Ashley Klein
Sideline Officials: Jon Stone, Phil Henderson
Video Referees: Grant Atkins​

Last edited:

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
Could be a legit great prelim if the Manly of Friday night show up. Bennett will need to take a page out of Bellyache's book to try and shut Turbo out.

I'm going Souffs but not by much.

GongPanther

Referee
After a lengthy consideration, and putting that Bennett hissy-fit aside, I don't see Souths getting anywhere near Manly. Sure, Souths will score 18 points, but Manly with Turbo will score 42. So 42-18 it is.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Souths we’re fantastic against the Panthers, however after watching the Panthers stumble and bumble their way against the Panthers with a stronger side then they had against Souths, I’m wondering If it’s as good as we all thought.

Manly are a tough read. They beat up all the shit but then in their first real test against the storm they got made to look second rate. Their pack are big and strong, spine excellent but the 2-5 nowhere the other top 4 sides.

If it becomes a high scoring game Manly have the attack to win. I also wonder if it’s close the pressure may get to souths. What is it 4 prelims bomb outs in a row now?

Overall tipping souths but no confidence. Should be an entertaining silver medal play off

Chippy73

Bench
If Bennett wasn't the oppo coach I would be more confident but the wily old merkin has always coached well against our teams over the years.

Apey

Staff member
Would like to see Manly win but I think Souths will finally survive the Prelim this time round.

Souths by 10.

yobbo84

First Grade
The only thing that I'm worried about is ourselves (we're more than capable of bottling it).

First prelim in a while where we are not against one of the defensive powerhouses of the season (Roosters, Raiders, Panthers). If we defend like we did against the Panthers our attack should pull apart Manly's edges.

Bazal

Post Whore
This game could be anything honestly. Both sides can score and leak loads of points

If Souths defend like they did against Penrith it'll be tough for the gulls... but if Turbo finally decides to run through the middle Manly will throw a lot more at them then Penrith did

Tommy Turbo by 8 with absolutely no confidence

Munky

Coach
This game could be anything honestly. Both sides can score and leak loads of points

If Souths defend like they did against Penrith it'll be tough for the gulls... but if Turbo finally decides to run through the middle Manly will throw a lot more at them then Penrith did

Tommy Turbo by 8 with absolutely no confidence

Turbo offers so much more than Crichton/Edwards in attack.

The defensive structure that worked against us will see Tommy run wild.

Bazal

Post Whore
Turbo offers so much more than Crichton/Edwards in attack.

The defensive structure that worked against us will see Tommy run wild.

Yeah defs.

I think Melbourne showed you shut Tommy down by shutting the forwards down though. Basic but effective.

If Souths defend the way they did against you guys they'll go a long way to shutting the go forward down, especially if Des runs with the bench plan he has been

Like I said this game could literally go anywhere. Should be fun viewing

BunniesMan

Immortal
No Turbo no Manly. Wayne will have a plan to stop him. We are peaking at the right time, we will be rested. I hope and I expect we rip in from the first tackle. Absolutely pulverize them in the first 20, no excuse not to go hard after the rest. Get an early lead then just do what it takes to hold on as they really shouldn't have the fitness to come over the top of us late.

t-ba

Post Whore
No Turbo no Manly. Wayne will have a plan to stop him. We are peaking at the right time, we will be rested. I hope and I expect we rip in from the first tackle. Absolutely pulverize them in the first 20, no excuse not to go hard after the rest. Get an early lead then just do what it takes to hold on as they really shouldn't have the fitness to come over the top of us late.
Global Goal Thank You GIF by Global Citizen

Mr. Shaman

First Grade
Sister Act Reaction GIF

Chippy73

Bench
I love you BM and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

soc123_au

Staff member
I think Manly in this one. Hopefully it's a high quality game I can enjoy watching without really caring that much about the result.

This Year?

Immortal
Manly haven't beat a top 4 side all season and there is quite a divide between Storm/Panthers then Souths, then the rest.
Once the points dry up for Manly they'll get shaky like the Storm game. Their rise from the bottom of the ladder to a prelim has been a shining beacon in an otherwise predictable season.