What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Power Rankings

hindy111

Post Whore
No 1

MELBOURNE STORM

Tasted two defeats but yet to field strongest side. Once in sync and cohesion aligns they may go back to back. Still look the best side in the competition for mine. Papenhuazen is the form fullback of the comp. B.Smith is looking like he has a point to prove and H.Grant has yet to play. The spine combined is the best in the comp. They'll be hard to stop.

No 2

PENRITH PANTHERS

Also missing key players the Penrith Pathers are looking slick. With Spencer Leinu adding an off season he looks a great addition. Too has gone another level as has N.Cleary who is now the best halfback in the world. Add in Charlie's Staines speed on the flank and the powerhouse 2nd rower Kikau and there is x factor all over the park. The engine room also boasts the Vicous fish who also looks to have gone into the elite level.

No 3.
SOUTHS SYDNEY
Maybe the most exciting team in rugby league and a mastermind of a coach. This might be the year of the rabbits. The forward pack perhaps isn't as brilliant as others but it is workable and the backline is the best in the NRL.

No 4
Sydney Roosters

The loss of Keary hurts. Along with Friend and Cordner. Otherwise they take 3rd spot. I expected a decline in this side but great clubs and coaches are able to defy logic. They be a force.

No 5

Sharks

I like the side. They have been decimated by injuries. Once Johnson is back I feel they could make a run.

No 6

Raiders
Just unsure if the English half is as good as people make out. The pack is great. The backline isn't as lethal as previous years. I still give them some chance of taking the title but the window is closing.

NO 7
GC Titans
They are starting to roll. They play attractive footy and are a side on the up. I see an up and down year for them. Winning games they shouldn't and losing one's I expect them to win. But come finals maybe a real surprise packet.

No 8
Parra Eels
Lack genuine speed and inconsistent halves.Along with an impotent backline. The 2-4 maybe the least impressive in the NRL. The forward pack should be good enough to help win enough games to make the finals.Its in the top 3 packs in the comp. But this side will be making up numbers in the final 8 unfortunately. Just can't see them scoring more then 12 points against the top 4 sides in a finals game.

No 9
Dragons.
Hook has them rolling. He has used his skills which he hired out at Penrith under the carefull eye of the Duke and converted a shambles of a side into a potential finals team.They may finish in the top 8.
Would be a great achievement.

No 10
Knights - Ponga,Klemmer,Pearce,Frizzel all on huge dollars. Maybe squad balance is out.

No 11 - Warriros - Same old

No 12 - Manly - Will improve with Turbo. Maybe go in a bit of a run

No 13 - Tigers - Largely dissapointing. Expected a lot more

No 14 - Cowboys -No comment

No 15 Brisbane -No comment

No 16 Dogs - No comment

Last edited:

Gronk

Staff member
Sharks

I like the side. They have been decimated by injuries. Once Johnson is back I feel they could make a run.
Ok that's not a power ranking. If and could don't deal with the current form.

Try harder.

84 Baby

Referee
Grant played last week. Stop trying to make Smugfers the underdogs.
I struggle to trust a ranking system of a guy who only watches 2 games a week.
How could the Sharks be 5th if they lost to our rabble? If this is a view of how they are travelling right now, I’d switch them with Tits and then again with Drags. And probably move Rorters and Canbra down as well. Think you’ve gotten 10-16 spot on

Gronk

Staff member
How could the Sharks be 5th if they lost to our rabble? If this is a view of how they are travelling right now, I’d switch them with Tits and then again with Drags. And probably move Rorters and Canbra down as well. Think you’ve gotten 10-16 spot on

He didn't even watch our last match !

upload_2021-4-15_10-14-25.png

hindy111

Post Whore

Fair points on Sharks. But I like them for some reason.
The PRs change fortnightly and its tight between 5-10.
Panthers look good but when they faced the Storm I felt Storm looked better. And considering they had 4 big guns out. However Panthers lost Edwards by half-time and missed Korisau and Nathan. But I still lean towards the Storm.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
I reckon you wanted to put the Panthers at No. 1 but second guessed yourself.

They are a clear No. 1 imo.

strider

Post Whore
1. Ruff
2. Cheats
3. Bunnies
4. Chooks
5. Raiders
6. Eels
7. Tits
8. Drags
9. Gummies