What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 QF 2 Sat - Penrith 10-16 South Sydney @ QCBS

Finals Week 1: Penrith v South Sydney

• Penrith Panthers

Votes: 30 76.9%
  • South Sydney Rabbitohs

Votes: 9 23.1%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I know it was mentioned by a few in lead up to finals but the loss of a home ground advantage really hurt the panthers. Not taking away from souffs great performance but such a close game in front of a packed panthers crowd may have been the difference. If anything it seemed as though souffs has more fans there last night.
Storm did it last year without home ground advantage.

GongPanther

Referee
And that's when he is sober.

Johns is very cringe to watch on TV. Muhammad Ali type shakes with 10% of the insight. Basically echoes Gus Gould and has no reading on the game..
Ever had one of those fellow workers who simply drag their knuckles through the day and wonder to themselves openly, why the the hell he got out of bed in the first place? Insert Johns.

Valheru

Coach
I'm torn. We would smash the Roosters but probably lose 3-4 players to injury/suspension. Manly would be a less physical game but they're much more dangerous.

I don't think you will smash us. We were in that last game (although no real chance chance winning) until we completely capitulated after the incident.

You add jwh, rads, crighton, keighran, J-Moz and iku to that side and we will make it a contest.

The_Frog

First Grade
I know it was mentioned by a few in lead up to finals but the loss of a home ground advantage really hurt the panthers. Not taking away from souffs great performance but such a close game in front of a packed panthers crowd may have been the difference. If anything it seemed as though souffs has more fans there last night.
We beat them at their home ground last year even though it was our home final. No excuse can be offered. Our attack did not gel on this occasion. Enough chances were created but they were blown. It was a close run thing though and the result might be different next time.

yobbo84

First Grade
I don't think you will smash us. We were in that last game (although no real chance chance winning) until we completely capitulated after the incident.

You add jwh, rads, crighton, keighran, J-Moz and iku to that side and we will make it a contest.
All those players and you barely beat the Titans. Of course both sides would lift against each other for a prelim, but I think we still have you covered well.

I still feel there is a clear top 3 this year, and another side who got a rails run into the finals. If you had Keary it'd be a clear top 4, but I think your lack of polish in the halves will be the difference in the end in terms of your 2021 campaign.

Valheru

Coach
All those players and you barely beat the Titans. Of course both sides would lift against each other for a prelim, but I think we still have you covered well.

I still feel there is a clear top 3 this year, and another side who got a rails run into the finals. If you had Keary it'd be a clear top 4, but I think your lack of polish in the halves will be the difference in the end in terms of your 2021 campaign.

We seem to always struggle against titans.

Anyways I believe we would make it a real contest although dont think we will win. As you say add keary manu and Collins (an injury that is just as costly as keary IMO) and it would be one of the all time great prelims.

Jim Rockford

Bench
That reads like you played your gf last night tbh. Skeletor will need to nip that in the bud.
Meh! Wayne (unlike Karen Cleary) has plenty of form in guiding his team through the Finals. I would be more worried about Karen dealing with your mobs fragile psyches after last nights smackdown.

morley101

Juniors
Panthers outsmugged themselves last night. Thought they’d show up, Cleary would kick some bombs, they’d have a break at half time, get together and sing some boys to men in the dressing room, go back out, Cleary would kick some more bombs and that’d be the game.

Panthers thought they just had to show up to win but Souths wanted it more.
yes they went away from kick into the corners and keeping Souths pinned to their line. Coach and player Cleary were conned.

soc123_au

Staff member
Panthers outsmugged themselves last night. Thought they’d show up, Cleary would kick some bombs, they’d have a break at half time, get together and sing some boys to men in the dressing room, go back out, Cleary would kick some more bombs and that’d be the game.

Panthers thought they just had to show up to win but Souths wanted it more.
Fair assessment. The more I think about it the more convinced I am that long term it was a better result for us than if we had pulled one out of our arses and got away with a win at the end. Or maybe I'm just grasping to make myself feel better.

yobbo84

First Grade
Graham Annesley said today that the Koloamatangi penalty was correct, because Cleary had "one or both feet off the ground" and was "off balance and vulnerable" and the tackle carried "an unacceptable risk of injury".

He also said you need to either not tackle the player or "cradle them".

By that measure every single tackle on a kicker should be penalised.

He has lost the plot.

Latest posts