What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 R1 Fri - Newcastle 32-16 Canterbury @ McDonald Jones

Round 1: Newcastle v Canterbury

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

NRL 2021 - Round 1
Newcastle Knights v Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs
McDonald Jones Stadium, New Lambton (TICKETS)
Friday 12 March 2021

NSW Cup 3:45pm -- NRL kickoff 6pm

NEWCASTLE-2021.png

1. Tex Hoy 2. Starford To'a 3. Enari Tuala 4. Bradman Best 5. Gehamat Shibasaki 6. Kurt Mann 7. Mitchell Pearce 8. David Klemmer 9. Jayden Brailey 10. Daniel Saifiti 11. Tyson Frizell 12. Mitchell Barnett 13. Connor Watson
Interchange: 14. Sauaso Sue 15. Jacob Saifiti 16. Josh King 17. Brodie Jones 18. Hymel Hunt 19. Pasami Saulo 20. Jack Johns 21. Simi Sasagi

CANTERBURY-2021.png

1. Corey Allan 2. Nick Meaney 3. Will Hopoate 4. Nick Cotric 5. Dallin Watene-Zelezniak 6. Jake Averillo 7. Kyle Flanagan 8. Ofahiki Ogden 9. Sione Katoa 10. Jack Hetherington 11. Adam Elliott 12. Corey Waddell 13. Josh Jackson
Interchange: 14. Bradley Deitz 15. Renouf Atoni 16. Raymond Faitala-Mariner 17. Dylan Napa 19. Tuipulotu Katoa 20. Chris Smith 21. Brandon Wakeham 22. Ava Seumanufagai

fevf2bE.jpg

Referees: Ben Cummins
Sideline Officials: Ziggy Przeklasa-Adamski, Kasey Badger
Video Referees: Alan Shortall

Knights and Bulldogs (Mounties) NSW Cup feeders play at the same venue, 3:45pm Friday.​

Last edited by a moderator:

GongPanther

Referee
Newcastle by 26-16. But who knows, if Burton gets released in a swap for Napa, I'll reverse it to Dogs by 18-12.

This Year?

Immortal
Have a feeling the Dogs will win this but tipped the Knights anyway because I love making tipping somewhat chaotic.

Valheru

Coach
I think Newcastle are in trouble this season but surely they can get off the mark here?

Knights by a few

Knights should account for the Bulldogs here if they are fair dinkum. The Bulldogs are a much improved roster this year and certainly should not be slept on

If Newie can keep their hookers from having catastrophic season ending injuries then they'll win by 10

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
Knights should account for the Bulldogs here if they are fair dinkum. The Bulldogs are a much improved roster this year and certainly should not be slept on

If Newie can keep their hookers from having catastrophic season ending injuries then they'll win by 10
Newy is the place if you want a broken hooker

Harrigan

Juniors
I like our chances personally. Looking forward to seeing Averillo get a shot at 6 too. Kid has heaps of talent and looked good everytime he played last year. Who knows how Deitz will go off the bench but hes worth a shot. Has a bit of Cook about him and age is a non factor. Cody Walker didnt make his debut until 26 either.

The_Frog

First Grade
Expect the Dogs to take a while to gel, so Knights here. I wonder how Averillo feels about his tenure at 6 with the Bulldogs pulling out every stop, and then some, to get Burton a year early.

Harrigan

Juniors
Expect the Dogs to take a while to gel, so Knights here. I wonder how Averillo feels about his tenure at 6 with the Bulldogs pulling out every stop, and then some, to get Burton a year early.

What I want to know is what happens if Averillo has a breakout year because he has a hell of a lot of talent. What happens with Burton then?

Latest posts