What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 R1 Sun - Canberra 30-12 Wests Tigers @ GIO

Round 1: Canberra v Wests Tigers

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

NRL 2021 - Round 1
Canberra Raiders v Wests Tigers
GIO Stadium Canberra, Bruce (TICKETS)
Sunday 14 March 2021

NSW Cup 1:50pm -- NRL kickoff 4:05pm

CANBERRA-2021.png

1. Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad 2. Bailey Simonsson 3. Sebastian Kris 4. Curtis Scott 5. Jordan Rapana 6. Jack Wighton 7. George Williams 8. Josh Papali'i 9. Josh Hodgson 10. Dunamis Lui 11. Hudson Young 12. Elliott Whitehead 13. Joseph Tapine
Interchange: 14. Siliva Havili 15. Ryan Sutton 16. Iosia Soliola 17. Ryan James 18. Sam Williams 19. Tom Starling 20. Emre Guler 21. Harley Smith-Shields

WESTSTIGERS-2021.png

1. Daine Laurie 2. David Nofoaluma 3. James Roberts 4. Joseph Leilua 5. Asu Kepaoa 6. Moses Mbye 7. Luke Brooks 8. James Tamou 9. Jacob Liddle 10. Joe Ofahengaue 11. Luke Garner 12. Luciano Leilua 13. Alex Twal
Interchange: 14. Tommy Talau 15. Thomas Mikaele 16. Stefano Utoikamanu 17. Russell Packer 18. Jock Madden 19. Michael Chee-Kam 20. Tukimihia Simpkins 21. Alex Seyfarth

fevf2bE.jpg

Referees: Gerard Sutton
Sideline Officials: Dave Munro, Drew Oultram
Video Referees: Ashley Klein

The Raiders and Wests Magpies play in NSW Cup prior to the main game, 1:50pm Sunday at GIO.​

Last edited by a moderator:

Stephen Durrant

Juniors
Wests Tigers to continue, and work on their good form from last week. 22-16 WT.
The same could be said about the form of the top 17 players for the Raiders last week who lead the Rooster. It wasn't until the reserve grade team came on that the Roosters were able to get back into the game.

The Rosco

Bench
I'm feeling the combined scoreline will be around 35 points.
Ironically, 35 is the exact number of years since Parramatta won a grand final.
A possible game score of 19-16 isn't out of the picture . . . but importantly, yes, 35 years is a LOOOONG fggn time to be without a title.
There will be a handful of tries scored, which also ironically is the exact same amount of wooden spoons Parra has won.
I guess a team is only as good as it's last performance, so I'm putting some $$ on the Panthers, Brisbane and the WT.

TheDMC

Bench
I'm feeling the combined scoreline will be around 35 points.
Ironically, 35 is the exact number of years since Parramatta won a grand final.
A possible game score of 19-16 isn't out of the picture . . . but importantly, yes, 35 years is a LOOOONG fggn time to be without a title.
There will be a handful of tries scored, which also ironically is the exact same amount of wooden spoons Parra has won.
I guess a team is only as good as it's last performance, so I'm putting some $$ on the Panthers, Brisbane and the WT.

The irony is you misused the word irony.

mongoose

Coach
Interesting selections - Sebastian Kris in the centres?
Feel sorry for Starling. Not sure who i would prefer on the bench out of him and Havili. Starling is a better dummy half but Havili can make metres and play as another middle forward.

Vic Mackey

Referee
I have the Raiders top 2 this year so this will be a huge test. If our pack can match theirs I do think our 2-5 has more points then theirs, however the spines look worlds apart. If we had Doueihi Id give us a chance but missing a key spine member this will be a hard fought loss 26-18 or something like that.

Either way looking forward to seeing how the squad has grown this off season, particuarly some of the new guys in Roberts, Laurie and Stefano. Luciano was unstoppable in the trial, tipping a real big year for him. Sebastan Kris marking Jet could be a plus for us. It seems theres a good vibe and confidence around the club, something I haven't felt since the 2018 pre season. Just hope if we lose out first few games against real good teams we dont drop our heads.

Last edited:

shear_joy9

Coach
raiders 2-5 is worse than dogshit but the rest of the team is pretty damn good.
Madge needs his head checked for CTE for selecting Mbye. I'd be giving him $500k just to piss off out of the club

Latest posts