What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 R1 Sun - Canberra 30-12 Wests Tigers @ GIO

Round 1: Canberra v Wests Tigers

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Vic Mackey

Referee
Yeah - you finished 9th in most of em.

You’ll be lucky to finish 19th based on today. Cowboys will save you from the spoon n finish 20th though.

only round one though.. thinks should pick up.. I’d hope for your sake..

I said during the off season that only people who think Benji will be a loss are those with very limited footy IQ who get all their opinions from channel 9/fox

So far I’ve been proven correct

nick87

Coach
Clunky game from the raiders, cruised to a win without ever really playing that well

lots to work on but happy to get out of round 1 with a win and showing glimpses of what is possible

mongoose

Coach
I thought Curtis Scott had a decent game. At least he didn't look scared to get the ball like last year....

The Rosco

Bench
@The Rosco tigpies played terrible time to start thinking about next year
Yes mate, you are on the right track.
But to be fair, let's not judge them till they have had the challenge of playing last year's wooden spooners.
What is it with how the wooden spoon issue always follows you rhyno ?

nick87

Coach
I think CHN will slot back in when he’s back but can’t see room for Horse Burger right now. Good pack.

For the balance of the team were an edge short
If that’s chn on the bench, or starting in the second row and young on the bench to cover that spot
Either way, that’ll balance the squad out a lot imo

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Yep
and that was honestly I thought a quiet-ish game from him
He is absolutely one of the best forwards in the world
Consistently excellent.

Its funny because the point was made on the greenhouse that we looked very sharp in the forwards with Papalii and Tapine having a quiet one which is good news but then Tapine put in 15 minutes where he was reminding us how destructive he can be.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Now tiger fans will just point out he always plays well against them but another plus for us was I thought Rapana looked good. He is never going to be as good as he was and I still have a few concerns about our speed but he was the pick of the raiders outside backs and last year he was pretty up and down

nick87

Coach
Its funny because the point was made on the greenhouse that we looked very sharp in the forwards with Papalii and Tapine having a quiet one which is good news but then Tapine put in 15 minutes where he was reminding us how destructive he can be.

yeah, that was me
Papalii and Tapine hadn’t done much and then in the final 15 Tapine just decided he was done messing around :D

You do realise that Mbye is our back up half right? Doueihi was suspended for round one an come straight back in at Mbye's expense

Yeah - but I also realise the Tigers copped a shoeing. So still doesn't prove anything. Hopefully for you guys Douehi gets things going in the right direction. Time will tell, but nothing proven yet.

BadnMean

Juniors
Now tiger fans will just point out he always plays well against them but another plus for us was I thought Rapana looked good. He is never going to be as good as he was and I still have a few concerns about our speed but he was the pick of the raiders outside backs and last year he was pretty up and down

Yeah he showed glimpses in the trial game that he'd found some of that old "pinball Rapana" bouncing out of tackles & then _importantly_ accelerating away. His absolute top line speed has reduced but the power to accelerate is arguably more necessary more often.

Latest posts