What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 R11 Sat - Sydney 16-34 Brisbane @ SCG

Round 11: Sydney v Brisbane

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

blaza88z

Coach
I must say I am confused about the Ikuvalu drop out play. I am positive I have seen players put one foot out over the side line and the ball is deemed out of play and possession awarded to that team when the player touches it. Blake Ferguson has done this a couple of times and no I don't mean when the ball is in the air.

Why would the dead ball line be treated differently?

The exact same thing happened in the Canberra game

I must say I am confused about the Ikuvalu drop out play. I am positive I have seen players put one foot out over the side line and the ball is deemed out of play and possession awarded to that team when the player touches it. Blake Ferguson has done this a couple of times and no I don't mean when the ball is in the air.

Why would the dead ball line be treated differently?

It never has until last night.

Nerd

Bench
To be fair it's just that one bloke, the rest were good sports about it

We are all enduring these shit rules together but Radley knew that heading into the game, seemed like he was expecting to get away with it

It was only last week we got raped by these rules
Yeah your right besides Alderley Rooster kicking his toys out of the cot everyone else was on the money but it was nice to be the recipient of some of the inconsistent reffing we've seen over the last few weeks instead of the receiver.

This Year?

Immortal
I just dropped in and read the thread while sipping a latte with the thought of how long Radley would be rubbed out of the game. I would have loved to have heard what Radley and TPJ were saying in that early exchange.
Radley was completely unhinged last night and should have been sent. Some of the comments playing down his indiscretions were laughable and would be completely contrary to the suspensions handed to other players for similar incidents.
If Radley gets less than a month then his protected species status is confirmed.
Unfortunately his stupidity overshadows that wonderful tribute to his captain and has let his team down.

The Broncos played their best game in 3 years. They actually stuck to a plan, played to their strengths and executed their plays well.

Mr. Shaman

First Grade
I just dropped in and read the thread while sipping a latte with the thought of how long Radley would be rubbed out of the game. I would have loved to have heard what Radley and TPJ were saying in that early exchange.
Radley was completely unhinged last night and should have been sent. Some of the comments playing down his indiscretions were laughable and would be completely contrary to the suspensions handed to other players for similar incidents.
If Radley gets less than a month then his protected species status is confirmed.
Unfortunately his stupidity overshadows that wonderful tribute to his captain and has let his team down.

The Broncos played their best game in 3 years. They actually stuck to a plan, played to their strengths and executed their plays well.

Roosters star and NSW hopeful Victor Radley faces 4-6 weeks on the sidelines after attracting two charges following a review of Saturday's matches.

Generalzod

Immortal

Aren’t we all hypocrites a couple of weeks ago we where saying what great hits they are, now where complaining that this crackdown has gone to far...

This Year?

Immortal
Aren’t we all hypocrites a couple of weeks ago we where saying what great hits they are, now where complaining that this crackdown has gone to far...
We are. Most people on here saw league the 1st time in one of the most brutal eras of the game and SOO was celebrated for it's brutality. I don't think this crackdown will trully beat concussion in such a contact sport. All it will do is make the game look "cleaner". The players nowdays are heavier and faster so I think even a great chopping in half type tackle would cause concussion from the force of whiplash.

Although I agree his behaviour was questionable, my view of what Ridley got pinged for last night was soft but under the current review system we find ourselves in, he deserved to go - no question and he got very little sympathy from Robbo who said he he needs to adjust his technique. Now, as Bileduct brought up in sin bin thread, questions need to be asked how a player gets put on report four times yet remains on the field. The whole thing is a mess.

Last edited:

horrie hastings

First Grade
Suaalli wanted $800k+ to stay at Redfern. Dodged a bullet there.

Honestly even if Suaali doesn't kick on i'm happy we have him now rather than Latrell, i reckon Easts got the best out of Latrell and Robinson knew how to settle him when he had problems, dont think Bennett has a clue with Latrell, i hope i'm wrong because i love seeing Latrell at the top of his game but i really think we saw the best of him at Easts.

Last edited:

Mr Spock!

Referee
Although I agree his behaviour was questionable, my view of what Ridley got pinged for last night was soft but under the current review system we find ourselves in, he deserved to go - no question and he got very little sympathy from Robbo who said he he needs to adjust his technique. Now, as Bileduct brought up in sin bin thread, questions need to be asked how a player gets put on report four times yet remains on the field. The whole thing is a mess.
At least one of those reports was for a good tackle.

Imagine if he was marched for that one.

We're now having players ref the game.

If the nrl was serious there would be a mandatory 2 weeks off for any hia like there is in juniors and any players lying injured in a Report MUST leave the field for a mandatory period of time regardless of where they are injured.... (eg the neck)

Generalzod

Immortal
Did you see the Canberra v Storm game last night, at one point Nelson Solomona milked a penalty anyone with half a brain would have realised it , not the bunker....
At least one of those reports was for a good tackle.

Imagine if he was marched for that one.

We're now having players ref the game.

If the nrl was serious there would be a mandatory 2 weeks off for any hia like there is in juniors and any players lying injured in a Report MUST leave the field for a mandatory period of time regardless of where they are injured.... (eg the neck)

Generalzod

Immortal
The
There used to be a penalty when the attacking player would hold the defending player down to get a penalty.

Haven't seen that given in decades. It went with the voluntary tackle.
NRL thinks that by stopping these tackle players will have there faculties when they get older, but it’s not all about the shoulder charger, you can have make a great tackle which can can cause whiplash it these tackles that cause damage...

Mr Spock!

Referee
The

NRL thinks that by stopping these tackle players will have there faculties when they get older, but it’s not all about the shoulder charger, you can have make a great tackle which can can cause whiplash it these tackles that cause damage...
When I played, most of my head knocks was when I was the tackler.

Fangs

Coach
Way too much class in this Broncos outfit.

Gamble, Haas, Pengai/Jnr...Roosters were absolute cannon fodder in this one. Kelly was playing with them in the end.

Onto next week for the Roosters. But who will stop the Brisbane Broncos?