What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 R12 Fri - North Qld 29-28* Warriors @ QCBS

Round 12: North Qld v Warriors

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
Frustrating thing is the Warriors losses to the Knights, Manly (first time) and Cowboys have all been f**king criminal...we’ve been wrecked by injuries and yet just by winning the games we handed away in the last 5 minutes after being the better team, we’d have an 8-4 record. We’re actually playing good footy. On paper it’s a typical Warriors season but in reality we’re finding a new way to f**k it up.

Nice thought, but no. We select Jazz Tevaga, we deserve what's coming to us.

Congratulations Cowboys
Fair enough, he is rubbish. I just thought you guys looked far more likely. The only time the Cows looked decent was against 12.

Last edited:

Meth

Staff member
We absolutely were the better side. That’s why this is bad.

I get that. I think we are basically saying then same thing.

I think we were good enough to get into the positions to win and not good enough to make the tackles or plays that count and that's on us. Like I said, we select Harris Tavita and Tevaga, so that's oil us

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
Fair enough, he is rubbish. I just thought you guys looked far more likely. Then only time the Cows looked decent was against 12.

Absolutely. The Warriors deserve all of the piss taken out of them for always finding ways to lose, but we are massively good value for our position on the ladder this season. Very much shaping up like the season that got away, rather than ‘ah well we are just shit again’

gerg

Juniors
Not sure that Warriors were the better side? I think it was that second last try where Bowen was clearly obstructed and the bunker didn't appear to even look at it. It seems we're going back to the bunker deciding whether players are impeded on a 'case-by-case' basis rather than the 'black & white' rulings - ie blocker hits the outside shoulder of the defender and/or blocker doesn't run through the line. Then there was the Hess (?) knockon when it should have been a penalty.

For the record I tipped the Warriors. To balance my comments above I'm not sure why Tevaga deserved a sinbin and that Cowboys boofhead didn't.

beave

Coach
Not sure that Warriors were the better side? I think it was that second last try where Bowen was clearly obstructed and the bunker didn't appear to even look at it. It seems we're going back to the bunker deciding whether players are impeded on a 'case-by-case' basis rather than the 'black & white' rulings - ie blocker hits the outside shoulder of the defender and/or blocker doesn't run through the line. Then there was the Hess (?) knockon when it should have been a penalty.

For the record I tipped the Warriors. To balance my comments above I'm not sure why Tevaga deserved a sinbin and that Cowboys boofhead didn't.

Which ‘boofhead’ are you talking about?

Tevaga shouldn’t have been sent IMO, penalty at worse.

Latest posts