What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 R14 Fri - Cronulla 19-18 Penrith @ Netstrata Jubilee

Round 14: Cronulla v Penrith

• Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Penrith Panthers

Votes: 12 80.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

pantherz9103

First Grade
Nobody forced us to rest players this week. We can blame origin all day long (and I personally take no real joy in NSW winning, all I really want is to see Penrith succeed) but we've been deluded thinking we could win this game with the Burton-May combo. Now I'm worried that the return of the origin stars won't fix this slump because usually sound performers are falling back into bad old habits of a couple of years ago.

mxlegend99

Referee
Jeez Cleary luai and Yeo make the rest look good
May hasnt looked good even at our best... Yet somehow he's halfback even after failing epically last week.

Hopefully the guys coasting along on the form of others are found out. Been a few average players who got away with it due to winning. Both these centres are average as f**k. Momirovski especially. Burtons our best centre and he has been poor in the halves. May is just shit. We've weakened 4 positions by having both halves out. Well 3 positions. May on bench was useless.

Panthers have no energy with the druitt boys

chrisD

Coach
Pretty terrible. Momo probably the most egregious because his was defensive laziness. But almost everyone has done something shit, and the ones we mostly need to step up too.

Munted

Bench
I swear some merkin at fox talked May up for origin last year as a 14... Lol. Probs Braif or Ennis, concussed merkins.

GongPanther

Referee
A miracle of sorts needs to be attained...from stopping a scoreline of 50. Which I hope happens so we can have another first. 😀

mxlegend99

Referee
Nobody forced us to rest players this week. We can blame origin all day long but we've been deluded thinking we could win this game with the Burton-May combo. Now I'm worried that the return of the origin stars won't fix this slump because usually sound performers are falling back into bad old habits of a couple of years ago.
Who actually thought we could win? Last week showed this halves combination was not winning shit. If we had a ball playing fullback we might get by with these halves. But there's no ball playing happening in this spine. Cleary and Luai were underrated if anything. Panthers scoring form goes into Origin arena and no scoring happening without them. We can cope with either one. But with neither we have nothing. At all.

Ivan looks like he was right about Burton though. A very good centre. But definitely not a better half than Luai.

Ruby Roundhouse

First Grade
Coaching is a big part of this and Ivan is showing us what a dud he is. The panthers look like they have no faith whatsoever that they can win and they are completely devoid of a game plan to try and cover for their outs and grind out a win.

Seems like he is trying to copy melbourne system but he is no bellamy, arguably one of the best coaches in rugba leeg

Imo should keep it simple and play to the backup strengths as he knows them best

nick87

Coach
Bet sportsbet wish they didn’t pay out early for panthers winning minor premiership, storm going to be on top by the end of this weekend.
You really think the betting agencies have figured this out?
they know what they’re doing. They pay it out now and 90% of the winnings are probably going back into the coffers on losing tickets
And they get the good will publicly

you’d have to be incredibly naive to think the agencies are just handing out free early money unless they had a lot of data to support its best for their business

GongPanther

Referee
May hasnt looked good even at our best... Yet somehow he's halfback even after failing epically last week.

Hopefully the guys coasting along on the form of others are found out. Been a few average players who got away with it due to winning. Both these centres are average as f**k. Momirovski especially. Burtons our best centre and he has been poor in the halves. May is just shit. We've weakened 4 positions by having both halves out. Well 3 positions. May on bench was useless.

Panthers have no energy with the druitt boys
May shouldn't be anywhere near our side, and I'm beginning to realise that is the thoughts of other players. I can't think in two weeks why our club colectively has gone to shite. May out of here before too much damage is done.

Latest posts