What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 R14 Sat - Canberra 38-16 Brisbane @ GIO

Round 14: Canberra v Brisbane

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

nick87

Coach
Good troll. That will catch a few
He's spot on.

CHN is tripped and falls but he's also falling from an elevated positon because he jumped over someone.
Hetherington aimed high, hit high and it was direct contact with a shoulder to the head

send off vs sin bin is a legit debate but he had to go based on the rules instituted since magic round.

its harsh but we've seen 100 harsh send offs/sin bins this season. This is PVL football.

Canard

Immortal
He's spot on.

CHN is tripped and falls but he's also falling from an elevated positon because he jumped over someone.
Hetherington aimed high, hit high and it was direct contact with a shoulder to the head

send off vs sin bin is a legit debate but he had to go based on the rules instituted since magic round.

its harsh but we've seen 100 harsh send offs/sin bins this season. This is PVL football.

To send him off was incredibly harsh, and probably the most harsh call so far.

I'd expect Annesly will make an apology on Monday.

gerg

Juniors
73212d857a354b3414a4dc502aff07ad

Hello darkness my old friend...

_Johnsy

Referee
The Broncos are bad enough on their own Canberra. You hardly needed to sneak a fat wad to the referee as well to beat us.
And there it is, blaming everyone but the ones who need to be blamed. Talk about being one of the salty QLD/Bronco fanboys who loves to reinforce the cliche. I thought skeepe was bad after a loss, but at least to his credit he doesn't slink away for a few days.

The send off, 100% agree. Tough call, but that is the least of your worries. Yep, Kobe Hetherington not being on the field for the last 20minutes was the cause of your loss.

The set restarts, well here's a tip. Get your players not to infringe ion the ruck, or be offised. You had numerous set restarts inside the raiders 20m. What did you do with them, derped them up deluxe.
Penalties 6 all, ruck infringements 3 all.

The coach who was meant to save them, who has a jersey 6 & 7 lucky door prize every week.
The board who struggle to make a decision that would get the ok from a group of 6 year old kids.
the players who are, well, borderline inept.

I mean we have Corey Norman and put 50 on you guys.

Whinge, whinge, whinge.

The fact remains, for any loss you suffer there is one easy solution as to why you lost. I use it often after watching our clowns run around. Say it out loud a few times, you'll find it's amazingly accurate & is always appropriate.

When it mattered, we just weren't good enough.

You're welcome.

_Johnsy

Referee
When Papalii hit a Bulldogs player in the head in similar circumstances - fell into it due to the attention of another tackler - we were told it was exactly the kind of tackle they needed to rub out if the game and Papalii deserved to go.

Tonight, same situation and it’s apparently the worst decision in the history of the game.
To be fair, the Papalii tackle, the runner wasn't ankle tapped and wasn't fallng in mid air. Apples with Apples.

The Kobe Hetherington send off, It was a bad decision.

nick87

Coach
The bunker can’t rule on forward passes dipshit 😄
If they were allowed, no question that is coming back

but if the referees opinions are what we take as gospel, then I guess we can put this Hetherington send off to bed, no?

This Year?

Immortal
I thought the send off was bullshit. Poor Hetherington was a victim of having the wrong surname and the falldesco objective.
Also I thought that forward pass was fine. Initially I thought it was forward but replays suggested it was flat at best. Still laughing at Braith's gaping hole comment. Lodge was Canberra's best giving them all that early momentum and they have their Patsies next week, so good times ahead for the Raiders.

BadnMean

Juniors
To be fair, the Papalii tackle, the runner wasn't ankle tapped and wasn't fallng in mid air. Apples with Apples.

The Kobe Hetherington send off, It was a bad decision.
Watch the replay. He jumps so his head is still at the normal height. Would have been head high regardless. We've had people sent off for genuine slips that hit the bicep down at chest high. That' the new game for you.

Nerd

Bench
The bunker can’t rule on forward passes dipshit 😄
If they were allowed, no question that is coming back

but if the referees opinions are what we take as gospel, then I guess we can put this Hetherington send off to bed, no?
The ref and touch judge can and did rule on how it wasn't a forward pass. The school boy insult and emoji still doesn't prove your point so build a bridge and get over it.

nick87

Coach
The ref and touch judge can and did rule on how it wasn't a forward pass. The school boy insult and emoji still doesn't prove your point so build a bridge and get over it.

What is there to get over? My team sucks and they beat your team like a red headed step child.
You however are coming back many days later to argue the toss about a very clearly incorrect call.. perhaps its time for you to start collecting supplies for said bridge

Nerd

Bench
What is there to get over? My team sucks and they beat your team like a red headed step child.
You however are coming back many days later to argue the toss about a very clearly incorrect call.. perhaps its time for you to start collecting supplies for said bridge
I'm saying your wrong and your saying your right. You can argue till your blue or in your case green in the face but they awarded the try so it really doesn't matter what your opinion is.

nick87

Coach
I'm saying your wrong and your saying your right. You can argue till your blue or in your case green in the face but they awarded the try so it really doesn't matter what your opinion is.
My opinion matters no more or less than yours.
The referee did rule it a try, he was wrong, most objective observes agree with that, they're human and they f**k up some times
Such is life... we, a very bad football team, overcame this terrible call and absolute pushed your shit in

That shame is yours to do with it as you please

Nerd

Bench
My opinion matters no more or less than yours.
The referee did rule it a try, he was wrong, most objective observes agree with that, they're human and they f**k up some times
Such is life... we, a very bad football team, overcame this terrible call and absolute pushed your shit in

That shame is yours to do with it as you please
Your crowing about beating the reigning wooden spooners that are also coming last this season. Desperate much.

Latest posts