What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 R14 Sat - Gold Coast 34-35 Sydney @ Cbus Super

Round 14: Gold Coast v Sydney

• Gold Coast Titans

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Sydney Roosters

Votes: 5 83.3%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

pantherz9103

First Grade
A big tease that comeback by the Titans, a bit like our one. I wanted them to win that so Roosters would join us for conceding an all time record comeback but no...Bloody Rorters.

Also Kikau's try was a double movement but not Angus Crichton's huh? Yeah sure.

Danish

Referee
I always have time for a man who tried to attack Billy Slater like a wild dog.
I never thought my favourite “pommy f**king snots a scummy dickhead” moment of Morley kneeing Corey Hughes would be topped.

but Graham going full Tyson on slater took the mantle

The_Frog

First Grade
If the rules state he could play, is that really rub of the green? Think he was unlucky to serve time to begin with.
If it's the rules, it was very quietly brought in. I note Papalii also played for the Raiders so Origin must have counted for him as well, otherwise he could have been selected in that. I would like to know what criteria they use to decide if Origin counts as a game though.

If it's the rules, it was very quietly brought in. I note Papalii also played for the Raiders so Origin must have counted for him as well, otherwise he could have been selected in that. I would like to know what criteria they use to decide if Origin counts as a game though.
I agree and admit I’m still confused. I didn’t hear Angus C getting picked for Origin for example so how does that count as a game? Unless it’s regarded a certainty he’d play? It’s weird.

This Year?

Immortal
That was the craziest 2nd half I've ever seen. It's horrible to think that double movement try was the difference but the better side won IMO. Although it's 2 losses that were very winnable I thought the Tits showed alot of character with that comeback.

10$ Ferret

Staff member

Its been in for years, QLD used it years ago

If the rules state he could play, is that really rub of the green? Think he was unlucky to serve time to begin with.
I agree and admit I’m still confused. I didn’t hear Angus C getting picked for Origin for example so how does that count as a game? Unless it’s regarded a certainty he’d play? It’s weird.
Its been in for years, QLD used it years ago

This article on the Fox Sports website spells it out - https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/442fee1487af4cd16cf8438da88a7374

I thought it was something like that, but it still favours elite players over lesser ones, and also favours players at clubs who had the bye leading into Origin over those who didn't.

Yep. Not saying I condoned it, just when I found it and having remembered people querying how Crichton and Josh Papalii were available for selection this past weekend so thought I'd share the news.

In fact I thought this situation wasn't allowed to happen. Says how wrong I was.

Latest posts