What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 R15 Sat - Melbourne 66-16 Wests Tigers @ Sunshine Coast

Round 15: Melbourne v Wests Tigers

• Melbourne Storm

Votes: 9 90.0%
  • Wests Tigers

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

NRL 2021 - Round 15
Melbourne Storm v Wests Tigers
Sunshine Coast Stadium, Kawana Waters (TICKETS)
Saturday 19 June 2021

Intrust Super Cup 2pm -- NRL 7:35pm

MELBOURNE-2021.png

1. Nicholas Hynes 2. George Jennings 3. Reimis Smith 4. Justin Olam 5. Josh Addo-Carr 6. Cameron Munster 7. Jahrome Hughes 8. Nelson Asofa-Solomona 9. Brandon Smith 10. Christian Welch 11. Felise Kaufusi 12. Tom Eisenhuth 13. Dale Finucane
Interchange: 14. Harry Grant 15. Tui Kamikamica 16. Chris Lewis 17. Aaron Pene 18. Jordan Grant 19. Cooper Johns 20. Trent Loiero 21. Dean Ieremia

WESTSTIGERS-2021.png

1. Daine Laurie 2. David Nofoaluma 3. Tommy Talau 4. James Roberts 5. Ken Maumalo 6. Moses Mbye 7. Luke Brooks 8. James Tamou 9. Jacob Liddle 10. Alex Twal 11. Luke Garner 12. Luciano Leilua 13. Joe Ofahengaue
Interchange: 14. Stefano Utoikamanu 15. Shawn Blore 16. Tom Amone 17. Alex Seyfarth 18. Michael Chee-Kam 19. Kelma Tuilagi 20. Fetalaiga Pauga 21. Jake Simpkin

BvW7aru.png

Referees: Gerard Sutton
Sideline Officials: Todd Smith, Nick Morel
Video Referees: Matt Noyen

Storm feeder clubs - QLD Cup:
SC FALCONS v Townsville at Sunshine Coast, Sat 2pm
Wynnum v BRISBANE at BMD Kougari, Sun 2:10pm

Wests Tigers feeder club - NSW Cup:
WESTS MAGPIES v Newcastle at Lidcombe, Sat 3pm​

Last edited:

Vic Mackey

Referee
Up until last year when they put 50 on us we actually had a pretty good record against the Storm, winning 3 of the last 7 with the average winning margain between the teams being less then 6. Sadly I think those days are over, and last years scoreline of 50-22 looking likley.

mxlegend99

Referee
Storm could legitimately win this by enough that Tigers drop below Knights on the ladder. Knights vs Warriors could be a close game. Storm just need to win by 53 more than Warriors do.

Ron's_Mate

Bench
Curious as to whether any player has played two weeks in a row for two different clubs against the same club.
2020, Blake Green played for the Warriors vs Tigers, then was released & the next round played for the Knights vs Tigers. He played a key role in the Knights handing the Tigers a 44-4 flogging.

Trollhammaren

Juniors
I see Ken Maumalo has been named to face the Storm. Curious as to whether any player has played two weeks in a row for two different clubs against the same club.

Also happened with Moses Mbye in 2018. Played for Dogs v Gold Coast in Round 15 and then for Tigers v Gold Coast in Round 16.

Both were losses too. 32-10 and then 30-12. Deva vu.

Hopefully Ken M scores another hatty this weekend! Storm 44-16.

84 Baby

Referee
Up until last year when they put 50 on us we actually had a pretty good record against the Storm, winning 3 of the last 7 with the average winning margain between the teams being less then 6. Sadly I think those days are over, and last years scoreline of 50-22 looking likley.
Hope the teams can put another 8 points on for the glorious point a minute PVLball

This Year?

Immortal
I'm almost tempted to tip the Tigers, but it's very hard to go past the Storm. I think it will be closer than many will think.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Looked to see what was on the TV at the same time as this game. Sady, this is the only comedy on that night, so it should be riveting viewing. First 60 for a while coming up for the Storm.

Mate you’ve always been pretty pro Tigers up until about 2 weeks ago. Since then all you’ve wanted to do is trash the club in every thread possible. Did anything happen to cause the sudden change of tune? Maybe around Friday 4th of June or so?

GongPanther

Referee
Mate you’ve always been pretty pro Tigers up until about 2 weeks ago. Since then all you’ve wanted to do is trash the club in every thread possible. Did anything happen to cause the sudden change of tune? Maybe around Friday 4th of June or so?
LOL...No Vic...Just slightly annoyed from a couple of trolls coming into the Panthers' threads and stinking up the place. Maybe I should check to see if it's safe to go back in.

moffla

Bench
Tigers shouldn't pose too many issues here, but Ken Maumalo showed how dangerous he is last week so if he's on again we need to be a lot better in defence. Think we will win comfrotably but no trashing this time around. 28-14

azza29

Juniors
Tigers shouldn't pose too many issues here, but Ken Maumalo showed how dangerous he is last week so if he's on again we need to be a lot better in defence.
Melbourne have had an issue lately with conceding tries late in the game, it's almost as if the boys switch off once they're up a few tries. A win is a win but I feel like they've been giving away too many points in the final ten minutes due to sloppy defence, definitely could hurt them come finals time.

stryker

First Grade
I'm almost tempted to tip the Tigers, but it's very hard to go past the Storm. I think it will be closer than many will think.
I suspect it may be but you can’t bet against Melbourne. They don’t f**k up bad enough to lose to a team like ours.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Melbourne have had an issue lately with conceding tries late in the game, it's almost as if the boys switch off once they're up a few tries. A win is a win but I feel like they've been giving away too many points in the final ten minutes due to sloppy defence, definitely could hurt them come finals time.

I said in the Tigers forum to me the Storm are a lot looser this year, however thats not necessarily in a bad way. In the past they would start fast, try to get 2 tries up and then suffocate the opposition out of it. These days with a new look spine they continue to press no matter the scoreline. This makes them equal parts more dangerous and susceptible

We have also been a bit of a bogey side having won 7 of the last 16. Have a look at results between the 2 clubs over the past 12-13 years (results from a WTs view). The Storm didnt score 30 points in a game against Wests from 2009-2020. The pretty massive when the Storm were generally entretched in the top 2 and Wests 9th-13th.

For the Tigers to be competitive they need to drag the Storm down and make it a scrappy stop start affair. They've shown they can get frustrated fairly easily. Are we good enough to make this happen? I very much doubt it.

storm.JPG

Vozzy

Juniors
This is one of those games where it's about performance which sucks cos I just watch for effort that I will want to see for when we play weaker teams.