What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 R15 Sun - Gold Coast 24-56 Manly @ Cbus Super

Round 15: Gold Coast v Manly

• Gold Coast Titans

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles

Votes: 7 100.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mave

Coach
The people hanging shit on Manly fans complaining about dumb refereeing seem to have gone quiet.

It swung back around to Manly getting all the calls in the second half.

I think I'd just prefer a game with less shit rules and less shit refereeing than putting 50 on a side not getting a chance in the second half.

100%.
Give us a contest back.
Momentum to the attacking side had gone way too far.

That whole game was rubbish viewing, unless you love a non contest for the whole 80 minutes.

The_Frog

First Grade
A game that was decided by defence. Both sides had pretty much an even share of possession over the 80 minutes. Manly scored 2 tries and held the Titans to 5 in the half they were starved of the ball. In the half Titans were starved of the ball Manly scored nine tries and conceded none.

Headless Chook

Juniors
Something, anything.

Basically this could have been avoided if the Wrestle was cracked down on 15 years ago instead of letting it become part of the game and becoming reactionary to it.
I don’t know what the solution is but something has got to give. Continual and rapid rule changes and now the so- called crackdown has changed the fabric of the game overnight. Whether all clubs can adapt and succeed is questionable. They’ll always be sides that will struggle, not everyone can win. I’d be happy if they stopped the clock every time the ball is out of play instead of the toss-of-the coin set restarts.

Maybe give all the players on both the winning and losing sides a Maccas Happy Meal so everyone still feels special and loved.

The_Frog

First Grade
They need to somehow swing the balance back to the defending team. They can't go back to the wrestle and the 25+ penalties a game. Maybe they should go back to five or seven metres in defence and perhaps make the attacking side get back 5 metres as well, as happened in the old days. This will mean less fatigue.

The_Frog

First Grade
In the one weekend we get:

66 - 16
56 - 24
46 - 0
38 - 12
36 - 10
There were also 3 close ones, all involving teams 7-12 on both sides. All the blowouts but one were between a top 6 side and a bottom 4 side. The only upsets came in the 3 close games.

They need to somehow swing the balance back to the defending team. They can't go back to the wrestle and the 25+ penalties a game. Maybe they should go back to five or seven metres in defence and perhaps make the attacking side get back 5 metres as well, as happened in the old days. This will mean less fatigue.
I’d like to go back to five metres on either side of the ruck. Maybe go back to two refs again to keep both teams back the correct distance, too. I like seven metres as well but might be more difficult to police. Five is round and neat with markings on the turf.

Mr Spock!

Referee
Knew this would happen.

When we speed the game up, scores blow out eg 2004 saw heaps of blow outs.

Mr Spock!

Referee
I think the leniency with the wrestle was a reaction to the game being too fast in the early 00s.