What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 R16 Thu - Sydney 0-46 Melbourne @ McDonald Jones

Round 16: Sydney v Melbourne

• Sydney Roosters

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Melbourne Storm

Votes: 10 76.9%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 1 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

This Year?

Immortal
To be fair the players have been valiant this year up until tonight.

Yes yes I know, adversity and all that bit it has been a horrid year with injuries.

They capitulated tonight though.
Totally understandable given the circumstances. I'm surprised it took this long, but it's always a team like the Storm to expose any weakness. Also just coming off a week off doesn't help either. The SOO players were flat too.
If I was a Roosters fan I'd just try to erase that from the memory ASAP and look forward to next week.

Valheru

Coach
Totally understandable given the circumstances. I'm surprised it took this long, but it's always a team like the Storm to expose any weakness. Also just coming off a week off doesn't help either. The SOO players were flat too.
If I was a Roosters fan I'd just try to erase that from the memory ASAP and look forward to next week.
Yeah the result doesn't change anything, we arent going to win the comp, we know that.

Given the overall weakness of the comp we will win enough games to finish 5th or 6th. This year is really all about Sam walkers development at this point and if he gets some finals experience then it is a pass from me given the injuries/retirements.

The top 2 are insanely far ahead of everyone else at the moment. Let's not forget what both of those sides did to souths who are missing far less troops than us.

This Year?

Immortal
Yeah the result doesn't change anything, we arent going to win the comp, we know that.

Given the overall weakness of the comp we will win enough games to finish 5th or 6th. This year is really all about Sam walkers development at this point and if he gets some finals experience then it is a pass from me given the injuries/retirements.

The top 2 are insanely far ahead of everyone else at the moment. Let's not forget what both of those sides did to souths who are missing far less troops than us.
Finals will be a great experience for the young men and the fallout from tonight will show the improvement areas needed for the club. I think the appointment of Fitzgibbon to the Sharks was too big a distraction for this season, but if they manage to get Ryles for next season, that would be huge.

If my club had the outs yours did, I'd be looking at the spoon instead of finals.

The_Frog

First Grade
This year is really all about Sam walkers development at this point and if he gets some finals experience then it is a pass from me given the injuries/retirements.
He's skilful enough but nowhere near robust enough to be the major playmaker in an NRL team. He's getting the shit beaten out of him currently. It'll be worse in the finals.

lazza

Juniors
He's skilful enough but nowhere near robust enough to be the major playmaker in an NRL team. He's getting the shit beaten out of him currently. It'll be worse in the finals.
I agree - he's getting smashed. Reminds me of a young benji Marshall where the play came off its awesome but also spent a lot of time on the sideline.

big hit!

Bench

Development?

Like I stated several weeks ago, Walker shouldn’t be playing in the NRL every week. He’s already got 2 suspect shoulders. This kid’s body is being beaten up and it’ll most likely affect the length of his career.

Development?

Like I stated several weeks ago, Walker shouldn’t be playing in the NRL every week. He’s already got 2 suspect shoulders. This kid’s body is being beaten up and it’ll most likely affect the length of his career.
I’ve wondered about this myself but Roosters have shown in the past a willingness to rest players longer than required. Maybe the tough love that you get in the riggers of first grade is what’s required to build him up. The club is smart enough to know that you don‘t destroy your investment

Valheru

Coach
Dude he has played 9 games, is 19 year of age and up there for try assists.

He will put on some bulk over the next couple of years.

Valheru

Coach
Development?

He isn't playing in the NRL every week, this was his first game in 3 weeks.

I will trust the roosters staff to manage his workload.

Munky

Coach
Dude he has played 9 games, is 19 year of age and up there for try assists.

He will put on some bulk over the next couple of years.

Will the bulk help him if he has glass shoulders? Lucky he has Manu outside him who can shut down plays, the second rower inside him will need to be a hitman to discourage running down that side.

Similarly I'm worried about Cleary going forward if he can only grab in tackles rather than drive.

big hit!

Bench
He isn't playing in the NRL every week, this was his first game in 3 weeks.

I will trust the roosters staff to manage his workload.

He isn't playing every week now because he has been INJURED.

As I have also stated before which you conveniently ignored in previous threads:

Walker played every match from Rd 4 to Rd 11. 8 matches in a row.

He missed Rd 12 v Canberra because he was busted.

Roosters had a bye Rd 13.

He played vs Gold Coast Rd 14.

Then he missed Rd 15 vs Penrith because he was ???? I'll let you answer that.

Tell me again how playing him for 8 games in a row was managing his workload? Roosters aren't doing any of the sort. They pull him out not because of workload management. They pull him out because his shoulders are already stuffed.

Valheru

Coach
He isn't playing every week now because he has been INJURED.

As I have also stated before which you conveniently ignored in previous threads:

Walker played every match from Rd 4 to Rd 11. 8 matches in a row.

He missed Rd 12 v Canberra because he was busted.

Roosters had a bye Rd 13.

He played vs Gold Coast Rd 14.

Then he missed Rd 15 vs Penrith because he was ???? I'll let you answer that.

Tell me again how playing him for 8 games in a row was managing his workload? Roosters aren't doing any of the sort. They pull him out not because of workload management. They pull him out because his shoulders are already stuffed.
Thank you for your concern but as I said, I will leave it to the roosters to oversee the situation.

84 Baby

Referee
I missed the game but I’m happy to see that everyone’s 2nd favourite is continuing to dominate even the next best group of teams. A Melbourne title is just what the league needs right now

Saxon

Bench
Robinson cries like Nancy Kerrigan over an accidental head clash to one of his players, but has nothing to say when a Rooster commits a shoulder charge to the head of a player long after the ball was gone. And then (after chucking the toys out of the cot) says he doesn't want to talk about Roosters and head knocks.
Whining merkinism at it's finest.

Melbourne were clinical last night whereas my team were terrible. I turned it off befrore halftime as the effort just wasn't there from my team last night, the defensive intensity was non-existant. What I found even harder to take is they put in that kind of effort after having a bye. A few of them should hand back their pay for this week based on last night.