What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 R17 Fri - South Sydney 46-18 North Qld @ McDonald Jones

Round 17: South Sydney v North Qld

• South Sydney Rabbitohs

Votes: 5 100.0%
  • North Queensland Cowboys

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

NRL 2021 - Round 17
South Sydney Rabbitohs v North Queensland Cowboys
McDonald Jones Stadium, New Lambton NSW
Friday 9 July 2021

NRL kickoff 7:55pm

SOUTHSYDNEY-2021.png

1. Blake Taaffe 2. Alex Johnston 3. Braidon Burns 4. Campbell Graham 5. Taane Milne 6. Cody Walker 7. Adam Reynolds 8. Mark Nicholls 9. Benji Marshall 10. Thomas Burgess 11. Keaon Koloamatangi 12. Jaydn Su'A 13. Hame Sele
Interchange: 14. Liam Knight 15. Jacob Host 16. Patrick Mago 17. Peter Mamouzelos 18. Josh Mansour 19. Jaxson Paulo 20. Tautau Moga 21. Davvy Moale

NORTHQLD-2021.png

1. Daejarn Asi 2. Kyle Feldt 3. Javid Bowen 4. Connelly Lemuelu 5. Murray Taulagi 6. Scott Drinkwater 7. Tom Dearden 8. Coen Hess 9. Reece Robson 10. Jordan McLean 11. Shane Wright 12. Mitchell Dunn 13. Jason Taumalolo
Interchange: 14. Jake Granville 15. Tom Gilbert 16. Lachlan Burr 17. Heilum Luki 18. Peter Hola 19. Michael Bell 20. Ben Condon 21. Kane Bradley

BvW7aru.png

Referees: Matt Cecchin
Sideline Officials: Chris Butler, Ziggy Przeklasa-Adamski
Video Referees: Steve Chiddy

NSW Cup - Souths will not play due to COVID-19 restrictions.

QLD Cup - Cowboys feeders
PRIDE v TOWNSVILLE at Barlow, Sat 5:30pm
MACKAY v Capras at BB Print, Sat 6pm​

Last edited:

The_Frog

First Grade
With all the outs Souffs are going to have, Cows seem like exceptional value at $5.50, even though they've got a couple as well.

Jim Rockford

Bench
Seems to me like someone is worried Souths are positioning themselves to move past Penriff and stop them finishing 2nd.

yobbo84

First Grade
Missing 6 of our starting 13 on a 5 day turnaround? Now or never, Cowboys fans.

The_Frog

First Grade
Seems to me like someone is worried Souths are positioning themselves to move past Penriff and stop them finishing 2nd.
Not only is that quite unlikely with the for and against but 2nd plays 3rd in week 1 anyway so it wouldn't matter.

Jim Rockford

Bench
Not only is that quite unlikely with the for and against but 2nd plays 3rd in week 1 anyway so it wouldn't matter.
I'm not saying it will happen this week, but a Souths win and Riff loss sets it up as a possibility next round. Also 2nd does play 3rd but it does matter because 2nd gets home ground.

The_Frog

First Grade
I'm not saying it will happen this week, but a Souths win and Riff loss sets it up as a possibility next round. Also 2nd does play 3rd but it does matter because 2nd gets home ground.
We have the bye this week old mate, and we beat em down there last year even though it was our home game. You must live in a fantasy world to think we are afraid of Souffs. Look up the score in the Dubbo game, which was their home game as well, just a few weeks back.

Jim Rockford

Bench
We have the bye this week old mate, and we beat em down there last year even though it was our home game. You must live in a fantasy world to think we are afraid of Souffs. Look up the score in the Dubbo game, which was their home game as well, just a few weeks back.
Granted, I had forgotten you guys have the bye.However,you can be as cocky (ie:smug) as you want but deep down you know if we turn up we are more than capable of curb-stomping your Pamfers if our teams meet.

The_Frog

First Grade
Granted, I had forgotten you guys have the bye.However,you can be as cocky (ie:smug) as you want but deep down you know if we turn up we are more than capable of curb-stomping your Pamfers if our teams meet.
Anything's possible, and you've got to support your team, but in the deep down department you must understand that to win this thing you'll need to turn the tables on not one but two sides who've already scored 50 against you.

yobbo84

First Grade
Our defence is not even in the ballpark when it comes to winning premierships. Not saying it can't get there, but right now, it's not good enough.

Jim Rockford

Bench
Anything's possible, and you've got to support your team, but in the deep down department you must understand that to win this thing you'll need to turn the tables on not one but two sides who've already scored 50 against you.
I can't fault you for supporting your team, I do the same. As far as turning the tables, the situation is different now to when we last played. We are back at full strength and everything is clicking for us. I do know a Souths v Panthers Finals match will be a humdinger.

This Year?

Immortal
Souths by 30+. With the hammer off on SOO duty I have no idea who will plug that right edge.
I hope the Cowboys staff didn't forget to pack the rape kits.

Vee

First Grade
Expecting to get towelled tonight but at least I'll have Flanno to tell me why.

Latest posts