What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 R20 Sun - Melbourne 37-10 Penrith @ Suncorp

Round 20: Melbourne v Penrith

• Melbourne Storm

Votes: 13 72.2%
  • Penrith Panthers

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 1 5.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It's the fans mate (you're not one of them), a select few have acted like any sort of unfortunate circumstance is the NRL with an agenda out to see it that PENRITH can't win, not to mention this tendency by a select few to always turn the conversation into something relating to PENRITH

People dislike Melbourne for obvious reasons (the wrestle, the salary cap cheating, the 20 years of dominance), I feel like people on here dislike Penrith because some of their fans carry on like world class flogs
Have you ever met a Wests Tigers fan? (Not you @Vic Mackey )

I like how 18 months of good footy from Penrith has turned this entire forum against us.
It took the storm a decade and two sets of contracts to draw the same levels of salt.

Now don't tell me 'it's the fans!'.
Nobody gives a f**k about Melbourne except that storm99/07 chap 😀
There's more Penrith fans to hate!

Either way, will make for a good game day thread with you pelicans on board.
You'll be foaming at the mouth for the 50 thread this week but crying when Melbourne feature in the GF for the fifth time in six years.
Imagine the butthurt should Penrith do the near-impossible on Saturday night?

mxlegend99

Referee
Melbourne but I tell you what, if YEO was there for PENRITH

The scoreboard attendant would be made to earn his keep, how good is YEO for PENRITH
NO individual player this week would make much difference at all. Storm going to bash the living f**k out of us.

Broncos had 69 tackle breaks against a better Panthers side than we can name this week. Storm punish missed tackles with points. If Nathan were fit I still wouldn't want him playing. No good could come from it.

STORM.99/07

Bench
What's your take on this game being played at Suncorp?

Surely it's a home ground advantage for Melbourne given how many QLD players they have, fkn PENRITH again copping it dry, when will they get a fair go?

Oh hang on, you're a Melbourne fan, like you give a shit either way, carry on
It was supposed to have been played in Melbourne as it's our home game so what's your whinge for if we have to play at Suncorp

mxlegend99

Referee
Like win a game with a mild injury toll?

Yeah that would be legendary.
The quality of opposition is what determines if something is impressive. Panthers are $5.50 outsiders this week (the worst odds of any team this weekend).

Valheru

Coach
The quality of opposition is what determines if something is impressive. Panthers are $5.50 outsiders this week (the worst odds of any team this weekend).
Ok

The Broncos beat us at $12 I think it was this year, so the Panthers beating the storm would be less than 50% as impressive as that?

mxlegend99

Referee
Ok

The Broncos beat us at $12 I think it was this year, so the Panthers beating the storm would be less than 50% as impressive as that?
Oops i was mistaken about us being biggest outsiders. Dragons actually are.

Beating Roosters at full strength that would've been more impressive. But Roosters are depleted so it's atleast something you can understand.

Storm are the clear best team in the competition right now. Beating them at full strength is near impossible. Stands to reason a depleted side doing it would be pretty impressive.

Valheru

Coach
Oops i was mistaken about us being biggest outsiders. Dragons actually are.

Beating Roosters at full strength that would've been more impressive. But Roosters are depleted so it's atleast something you can understand.

Storm are the clear best team in the competition right now. Beating them at full strength is near impossible. Stands to reason a depleted side doing it would be pretty impressive.
I know

Just trying to get some nibbles from you lot

For what it's worth the game is meaningless. Assuming the comp stays in QLD for its duration then there is no difference at all between finishing 1st, 2nd, 3rd, or 4th. Even if souths were to finish above you guys the 2v3 game is going to be at the same location it would have been if you guys finish 2nd.

mxlegend99

Referee
I know

Just trying to get some nibbles from you lot

For what it's worth the game is meaningless. Assuming the comp stays in QLD for its duration then there is no difference at all between finishing 1st, 2nd, 3rd, or 4th. Even if souths were to finish above you guys the 2v3 game is going to be at the same location it would have been if you guys finish 2nd.
Panthers are nearly guaranteed to face Souths week 1 of finals. Only way that changes is if Eels win 4 games more than we do. Or if we win more games than Storm. Neither of which is possible IMO.

As you mentioned the home venue is irrelevant being all in QLD. Just need to keep from losing more players before finals. There might not been an opportunity like this for us again for a long time. Where only one team is better than us but not by a margin we can't overcome.

Not even sure what it would take for Storm to come back to the pack. Panthers only took losing Nathan Cleary. Storm so far seem to have no crucial player that they suck without

The_Frog

First Grade
To'o out hurts. May not so much.
He would have played 7 and contributed to the middle defence, which will be sorely tested in this game. He would have allowed Burton to play in his best position. He will be missed. Not quite as much as To'o but still he'll be missed.

The_Frog

First Grade
Assuming the comp stays in QLD for its duration then there is no difference at all between finishing 1st, 2nd, 3rd, or 4th.
4th gets you the Storm in week 1, which would be best avoided. Even then you get a team that ran 5-8 in week 2 and that gets you to the prelim, so its not the end of the world. We've got 2 easy games. We only need to win them to run 3rd.

The_Frog

First Grade
Also first time we haven't been favourites this year. Oh, and Dragons are $9.00.

t-ba

Post Whore

Huh? Tyrone May out?

Brian To'o out?

Well PANTHERS fans
John Witherspoon Fight GIF