What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 R22 Sat - Manly 56-10 Parramatta @ Sunshine Coast

Round 22: Manly v Parramatta

• Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles

Votes: 5 55.6%
  • Parramatta Eels

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 2 22.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Of course they do. No mistake. Gutless.

My point is we've been this way since the late nineties and sacked every coach since Brian Smith (apart from Sticky) and it's changed zero things so at what point does it become obvious the issues have always run deeper?

BA is a simple guy. Sometimes he says things that sound a bit simple. But there isn't a single human being who could argue we were anywhere near an acceptable effort level tonight. So BA is also not even slightly wrong.

Maybe it's time for a change, that's up to the Eels hierarchy. But the hate the man gets is unwarranted and I for one don't see a change of coach changing the fortunes cos something way deeper is wrong and has been for a long time.

Thing is you guys aren't a basket case though. At least not anymore.

3rd last year. 5th the one before. Will again finish in the 8 this season. Running in the top 4 for most of the year with a lot more points in you that last season. Squad seems to be stocked with enough talent. That's better than the majority of clubs.

Seems from an opposition fan that in this instance the current coach may not be the right guy to make the next step, despite the solid base created.

Chippy73

Bench
Of course they do. No mistake. Gutless.

My point is we've been this way since the late nineties and sacked every coach since Brian Smith (apart from Sticky) and it's changed zero things so at what point does it become obvious the issues have always run deeper?

BA is a simple guy. Sometimes he says things that sound a bit simple. But there isn't a single human being who could argue we were anywhere near an acceptable effort level tonight. So BA is also not even slightly wrong.

Maybe it's time for a change, that's up to the Eels hierarchy. But the hate the man gets is unwarranted and I for one don't see a change of coach changing the fortunes cos something way deeper is wrong and has been for a long time.
Not the first to say it and it's obvious too, Parra are a solid team missing a superstar...like a Brett Kenny, Jarrod Hayne level game breaker.*

* I mean to get to genuine Premiership threat.

Sphagnum

Coach
You wholly overestimate the strength of my mind, Rog.

Might go chill with the misso after this. Let off some steam. Have you found someone yet? I remember that was a long term problem for you. Did Ashley and Martin help you out?

Say hi to Mitch Moses for me tonight when you hate f**k him in your dreams!
Can’t wait to see the 16 page thesis that unfunny merkin writes in response to this

Bazal

Post Whore
Thing is you guys aren't a basket case though. At least not anymore.

3rd last year. 5th the one before. Will again finish in the 8 this season. Running in the top 4 for most of the year with a lot more points in you that last season Squad seems to be stocked with enough talent.

Seems from an opposition fan that in this instance the current coach may not be the right guy to make the next step, despite the solid base created.

And that could be an absolutely correct view. My POV is stunted and broken by years of failure.

Maybe someone else does take us to the next level. I'm not against a change, I just also think some of the shit Eels fans throw at BA is disgraceful given where he dragged us from. And I can't disagree with his opinions around effort when we throw up gutless shit like tonight.

There have been people wishing cancer on him and his son FFS

GongPanther

Referee
nah I don’t venture into other teams forums (unlike certain panthers fans) that’s a safe space

sorry, you’ll have to bare the brunt of it
Kudos to you Vic. I myself wont go unless its to give credit or encouragement after a win/loss.

EDIT: No wonder Sterling wants to quit TV calling. The lumps in his throat will be getting tighter.

Latest posts