What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 R23 Fri - Canberra 18-19 Manly @ Suncorp

Round 23: Canberra v Manly

• Canberra Raiders

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BadnMean

Juniors
I'm sure Des would love to take the cautious road with Turbo and put him in cotton wool for a couple of games so it all comes down to;

1) Does Des think Manly can take the Raiders without Tom?
2) Does Des really think a top four spot is worth it (guaranteed tough match in week 1 but a second bite vs relatively easy match in week 1 but sudden death)
3) Is the risk with Turbos cheek too great or is it actually no big deal.
Fair logic- you'd know Des & Manly better than I do, what do you reckon?

Valheru

Coach
I'm sure Des would love to take the cautious road with Turbo and put him in cotton wool for a couple of games so it all comes down to;

1) Does Des think Manly can take the Raiders without Tom?
2) Does Des really think a top four spot is worth it (guaranteed tough match in week 1 but a second bite vs relatively easy match in week 1 but sudden death)
3) Is the risk with Turbos cheek too great or is it actually no big deal.
Also, the difference between 4th and 5th this year isn't that great.

Roosters and Manly are extremely likely to play each other in week 2 regardless of the exact finishing order and it will be a neutral venue in QLD. Which of the two gets to lose to Melbourne and which gets to beat up on the also ran that finishes 8th doesn't really matter.

Chippy73

Bench
Fair logic- you'd know Des & Manly better than I do, what do you reckon?
I think Des will rest him,

1. I do not think he is too fussed about top 4 though it is his preferred option.
2. Reuben Garrick is in outstanding form and makes an adequate and competent replacement at FB, Manly are not as weak without Turbo as they were at the start of the year.

Chippy73

Bench
Also, the difference between 4th and 5th this year isn't that great.

Roosters and Manly are extremely likely to play each other in week 2 regardless of the exact finishing order and it will be a neutral venue in QLD. Which of the two gets to lose to Melbourne and which gets to beat up on the also ran that finishes 8th doesn't really matter.
I'm generally a glass 1/2 empty kind of guy and honestly I reckon Manly can take the Storm (as long as Turbo is on the field), also providing;

- We get at least 50% of the 50/50 ref/bunker calls (we got like 10% of them in our previous game against Melbourne).
- We have at least 50% possession.

Turbo has literally turned me from a 40 year unconfident pessimistic fan into a confident "we got this" type fan, he's just that good.

Last edited:

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
All the focus seems to be on if Turbo will play or not, the big question is has Jarrod Croker overcome his injury?

shear_joy9

Coach
All the focus seems to be on if Turbo will play or not, the big question is has Jarrod Croker overcome his injury?
I pray to god every night that Jarrod would fall into the box making machine and be turned into one.

crokerbox.png