What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 R24 Fri - Sydney 12-54 South Sydney @ Suncorp

Round 24: Sydney v South Sydney

• Sydney Roosters

Votes: 7 58.3%
  • South Sydney Rabbitohs

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Meth

Staff member
That was funny. He's not wrong re Perenara but basically saying the refs cheat the Roosters is laughable!

Of course you're going to be more conscious and incensed about the injustices (real or perceived) against your team. If I were a Roosters fan, I'd want him to be. There have definitely been times when I've wanted a Warriors coach to do a press conference like that and I wouldn't want them to say 'well, yeah, it happens to other teams too and sometimes, on a rare occasion, we get the rub of the green too'

Cockosh

Juniors
Mate, I know you're hurting and all, if you think you guys are reffed unfairly, you should try supporting a shit team.
Shit teams don't matter.
You Roosters are still given refereeing advantages, compared to your garden variety WT or doggies.
Not Souths level of advantage . . don't be fkkn stupid.
But advantages nonetheless.
Maybe there's a protected species pecking order. It would surely start with Souths.
Listening to Robbo's presser was a joy. Would have preferred if he didn't play the victim card . . . coz he made so much sense just shredding Perenium.
Anyway, hope Latrell gets 6, but deep down, you know it would be racist if he didn't play a part in the final series.
Let's also see what Gagai or Walker ( forget which one it was ) gets for yelling in the ref's face that he " has to be FUXXXXX kidding"
I can only wish we were treated like the Tigers. People can talk all the shit they like about how we are treated but the stats are there in black and white for all to see. We are in the bottom 3 or 4 for penalties received every year for more than 10 years.

Meth

Staff member
I think the fact that referees seem to be a protected species is completely wrong , if you can’t do your job you should be above criticism

I think the coaches should be able to say the stuff Robbo said with no risk of fines

They are so f**king incompetent for every team it’s deadset laughable

I think the refs are protected species. I also think Annesley, Abdo and V'landys et all get way too much credit and nowhere near enough accountability.

Munted

Bench
The idea that you can operate with some kind of impunity because you're a high profile player is offensively stupid
Unfortunately we give the green light to celebs and powerful business people on certain matters in everyday life, this really is no different.
It's a shame though.
I really hope the NRL don't f**k this up, otherwise the integrity of the entire organisation has to be called into question.
I mean, who police's the NRL on these matters?

blaza88z

Coach
I don't think 10k will be all he gets fined, he carried on a bit last night (understandably so).

If it's just 10k, he's got good bang for buck

Munted

Bench
I don't think 10k will be all he gets fined, he carried on a bit last night (understandably so).

If it's just 10k, he's got good bang for buck
I think the carry on was fair game.
Does the game think it's immune from criticism forever?
Everyone on here agrees and game day threads are full of comments and opinions like Robbos, the video ref box is a circus. Homer Simpson's brain has more going on inside it than the KFC video box.

Meth

Staff member
Man, if there was a 5th place team to beat for an 8th place team, it's the Roosters. Decimated by injury and now Manu gone. Maybe Taukeiaho. Obviously will get Crichton, JWH and Radley back, but they are walking wounded.

I can only wish we were treated like the Tigers. People can talk all the shit they like about how we are treated but the stats are there in black and white for all to see. We are in the bottom 3 or 4 for penalties received every year for more than 10 years.
Yep, people forget it happened in Brian Smith’s day with a different coaching structure

Reflector

Juniors
I absolutely hate this argument. I love Rugby League and I have no problem seeing Latrell Mitchell rubbed out of the finals for that. The idea that you can operate with some kind of impunity because you're a high profile player is offensively stupid
Precedent was set with Slater a few years back getting cleared of a shoulder charge so he could play his last ever game in the big one...

The_Frog

First Grade
Robbo has compromised Latrells right to a fair trial. I hope he walks free.

Rads and 9.5 fingers got their punishment after a fair hearing without the opposition coach taking pot shots from behind an ugly face mask behind a microphone.
Seems to me he was taking potshots at the refs rather than Mitchell. The hit was pretty clear to all and needed no further embellishment.

The_Frog

First Grade
Precedent was set with Slater a few years back getting cleared of a shoulder charge so he could play his last ever game in the big one...
It's not a shoulder charge if it's to stop a try being scored. This has been the case for some years. This Mitchell hit has no precedents that will assist Latrell.

Latest posts