What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 R25 Sun - Gold Coast 44-0 Warriors @ Cbus Super

Round 25: Gold Coast v Warriors

• Gold Coast Titans

Votes: 9 69.2%
  • Warriors

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 1 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

NRL 2021 - Round 25
Gold Coast Titans v Warriors
Cbus Super Stadium, Robina (TICKETS)
Sunday 5 September 2021

NRL kickoff 2:00pm

GOLDCOAST-2021.png

1. Jayden Campbell 2. Phillip Sami 3. Brian Kelly 4. Patrick Herbert 5. Corey Thompson 6. Tyrone Peachey 7. Jamal Fogarty 8. Jarrod Wallace 9. Mitch Rein 10. Moeaki Fotuaika 11. Kevin Proctor 12. Beau Fermor 13. Tino Fa'asuamaleaui
Interchange: 14. Erin Clark 15. David Fifita 16. Jaimin Jolliffe 17. Sam McIntyre 18. Greg Marzhew 19. Sam Lisone 20. Toby Sexton 21. Anthony Don

WARRIORS-2021.png

1. Reece Walsh 2. Dallin Watene-Zelezniak 3. Peta Hiku 4. Rocco Berry 5. Marcelo Montoya 6. Chanel Harris-Tavita 7. Sean O’Sullivan 8. Addin Fonua-Blake 9. Wayde Egan 10. Matt Lodge 11. Josh Curran 12. Euan Aitken 13. Bayley Sironen
Interchange: 14. Kodi Nikorima 15. Eliesa Katoa 16. Kane Evans 17. Jamayne Taunoa-Brown 18. Jazz Tevaga 20. Adam Pompey 21. Jack Murchie 22. Edward Kosi

BvW7aru.png

Referees: Ashley Klein
Sideline Officials: Liam Kennedy, Belinda Sharpe
Video Referees: Alan Shortall​

Last edited:

davi

Juniors
Gold Coast Titans can still make the finals technically but for them to be able to do it. Raiders and Sharks have to lose next weekend and they have to make up a 23 point differential in for and against the Sharks. If they are going to beat the Warriors then winning by a big margin would help their chances significantly.

By the time this game is played it might already be a dead rubber. I think Ash Taylor should be named at five eight. I know he's been hot and cold for the Titans. But I just didn't see the rationale from Justin Holbrook making the change to Tyrone Peachey so late in the season during crunch time against the Knights. It was a gamble and it failed to pay off.

Last edited:

shear_joy9

Coach
Gold Coast Titans can still make the finals technically but for them to be able to do it. Raiders and Sharks have to lose next weekend and they have to make up a 21 point differential in for and against the Sharks. If they are going to beat the Warriors then winning by a big margin would help their chances significantly.

By the time this game is played it might already be a dead rubber. I think Ash Taylor should be named at five eight. I know he's been hot and cold for the Titans. But I just didn't see the rationale from Justin Holbrook making the change to Tyrone Peachey so late in the season during crunch time against the Knights. It was a gamble and it failed to pay off.
why would they pick a player that won't be there next season. Their halves should be fogarty and sexton

GongPanther

Referee
Gold Coast Titans can still make the finals technically but for them to be able to do it. Raiders and Sharks have to lose next weekend and they have to make up a 21 point differential in for and against the Sharks. If they are going to beat the Warriors then winning by a big margin would help their chances significantly.

If Storm hammer the Sharks as I expect, the Titans will only have to win. Titans with a ton to play for, and will put together a great performance to win by 32-12.

pantherz9103

First Grade
I think it's ridiculous that a team with a 9-14 record still has a chance to play finals. I wanted Titans to make the 8 at the start of the year but I expected they'd actually win a decent number of games to get there and improve. They really haven't improved. Last year they had a better win percentage than this year.

The_Frog

First Grade
I think it's ridiculous that a team with a 9-14 record still has a chance to play finals.
Two things have brought this about-

1. A group of teams at the top who haven't surrendered any comp points to the sides below them. This causes a lower pass mark. The Panthers two losses when understrength counteract this, but not by much. The Bulldogs with their 2 wins counteracts it as well, but that's only one team against 5 or 6.
2. A fairly large group of teams from 7th to 14th who have taken wins off each other. 7th is now decided and it only goes down to 10th but still the 8-14 group isn't separated by many wins.

So 10 wins might be enough for 8th. In 2018 the 8th placed team had 15 wins from 24, with 1st and 8th separated by just one win.

Last edited:

shear_joy9

Coach
I think it's ridiculous that a team with a 9-14 record still has a chance to play finals. I wanted Titans to make the 8 at the start of the year but I expected they'd actually win a decent number of games to get there and improve. They really haven't improved. Last year they had a better win percentage than this year.
and just look at the heat Payten, Maguire, Griffin etc. have gotten this season compared to Holbrook. All have had to step into much worse conditions and they could still end up with the same wins as the titans.
They seem to be immune from any criticism because they pay Mal and Tallis to talk the club up any chance they get

davi

Juniors
Titans don't just have to win, but they have to win by 12 to reach the finals. There will be alot of Sharks fans watching cable at home and if they don't have cable there ears will be glued to ABC Grand stand.

Titans have the points in them but do they have the defense. The Warriors have too much upside that they could definitely embrace being spoiler.

Kevin Proctor apparently is out for this game. They haven't announced who will be his replacement.

Traditionally, we are really bad when it comes to getting up for big occasions like this. Plus, it's our farewell game to Don as well. I'm not hopeful at all.

Last edited:

footy75

Bench
What a contest this all of a sudden becomes.

To find out who the Roosters are going to kill next week. Titans or Sharks.

JamesRustle

First Grade
Titans to kick the ugliest FG to get them up by 11 in the last 5 minutes.

I'd be equally as amused if the Warriors kick a FG in the last minute when trailing by 11.

THE CHAMP

First Grade
Tits to make the top 8 was paying $5 before the raiders v chooks.
Took that the had a mutli on chooks storm titans
Had another one with the broncos in it
Tits have to win by at least 12 so will have another crack around that

davi

Juniors
What a contest this all of a sudden becomes.

To find out who the Roosters are going to kill next week. Titans or Sharks.

Are they roadkill? Probably. But finals is the finals, and Cowboys and Eels have made a late charge to the Grand final from eighth spot. Warriors have made a preliminary. So survival is better then being out.

In some ways I don't know if the Sharks deserve to make it after they were down by 2 late in the game against the Warriors. They received a penalty and could have easily made the penalty kick but opted to go for the try. They flubbed it on the next set of six. That was Josh Hannay decision, some commentators are praising Hannay but I'm not.

pantherz9103

First Grade
I'm still shaking my head at how a team with a 10-14 record will make the finals, which is a new low record for making the finals. 10-14 in a normal season typically means finishing 10th to 12th on the ladder. Shocking standard with the mid to lower table teams this year. However it may as well be the Titans who end up making the 8 for a bit of a novelty factor, so Titans by 12 tomorrow.

Perth Red

Post Whore
It’s a fine line, Titans win by 12 season gets a tick, win by 10 seasons been a shocker. Coach must be hoping warriors have their eyes on their trip home tomorrow.

Latest posts