What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 R25 Thu - Canberra 16-40 Sydney @ BB Print

Round 25: Canberra v Sydney

• Canberra Raiders

Votes: 7 58.3%
  • Sydney Roosters

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 1 8.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

NRL 2021 - Round 25
Canberra Raiders v Sydney Roosters
BB Print Stadium Mackay, Mackay (TICKETS)
Thursday 2 September 2021

NRL kickoff 7:50pm

CANBERRA-2021.png

1. Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad 2. Harley Smith-Shields 3. Sebastian Kris 4. Matthew Timoko 5. Jordan Rapana 6. Jack Wighton 7. Matt Frawley 8. Josh Papali'i 9. Josh Hodgson 10. Joseph Tapine 11. Hudson Young 12. Elliott Whitehead 13. Iosia Soliola
Interchange: 14. Emre Guler 15. Ryan Sutton 16. Corey Horsburgh 17. Siliva Havili 18. Sam Williams 19. Semi Valemei 20. Elijah Anderson 21. Trey Mooney

SYDNEY-2021.png

1. James Tedesco 2. Daniel Tupou 3. Josh Morris 4. Adam Keighran 5. Matt Ikuvalu 6. Drew Hutchison 7. Lachlan Lam 8. Jared Waerea-Hargreaves 9. Sam Verrills 10. Siosiua Taukeiaho 11. Angus Crichton 12. Sitili Tupouniua 13. Isaac Liu
Interchange: 14. Sam Walker 15. Egan Butcher 16. Ben Marschke 17. Tukupa Hau Tapuha 18. Moala Graham-Taufa 19. Brad Abbey 20. Naufahu Whyte 21. Daniel Suluka-Fifita

BvW7aru.png

Referees: Gerard Sutton
Sideline Officials: Phil Henderson, Todd Smith
Video Referees: Grant Atkins​

Last edited:

Valheru

Coach
Roosters have a lot to play for as they cans till make top 4.

Yes they need 2 other results to go their way, one of which is long odds but it is moot if we lose.

We play first, so at the very least it puts pressure on Parra and Manly if we do win. Whether we have the cattle to win, who knows. We should at least get JWH, Crighton and Keighran back.

BadnMean

Juniors
Yeah I was thinking with getting a few of their key players back as expected this week that even though they still have a long injury list, they actually can put together a decent lineup.

Given how the Raiders have been inconsistent, I think the bookies have about right with Roosters favoured slightly.

My read on the Raiders so far this year have been that we beat a few awful teams and the fans get all excited and over-estimate our roster and more importantly, start to overlook the limitations of our play style/strategy and bench use. Then we play a good team and the gulf is apparent.

I'm always hopeful but it it would be a significant step for Raiders to aim up again and beat the Roosters. Pack would need to produce again-Papa and Tarps vs JWH Takehauiho, CNK play like last week (almost career best form) and Wighton continue his build in form over the last few weeks. If that happens we'll be in it. There's no one else in our roster to scare them.

Tupou vs HSS & Timoko in the air is a mismatch if Roosters halves can set it up.

GAZF

First Grade
We made it, fellow Raiders fans - just two more hours of crash balls, 3rd tackle kicks, middle corridor one-outs, and Hudson Young breaking lateral meterage records... before a well deserved break.

The_Frog

First Grade
The favouritism for this has changed hands twice in the past 24 hours. Roosters have named a team that appears more than capable of getting this done. Which just goes to show just how stacked they must have been in the first place.

BadnMean

Juniors
ricky picking 3 props and a backup hooker/lock on the bench like it's 2010.

I shouldn't be stunned when he returns to it time and again but it always gets me. Roosters have 2 zippy options coming from the bench. We have 4 props- who are pretty slow and lumbering even by prop standards.

Roosters through the middle as soon as we are backpedalling...

Valheru

Coach
That back line for the chooks looks a lot better. Timely returns for J-Moz, iku and keighran to say the least.

I doubt we keep both walker and marschke on the bench. I expect Fifita or Whyte to come in to the team.

Latest posts