What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 R3 Sun - Newcastle 20-24 Wests Tigers @ McDonald Jones

Round 3: Newcastle v Wests Tigers

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

NRL 2021 - Round 3
Newcastle Knights v Wests Tigers
McDonald Jones Stadium, New Lambton (TICKETS)
Sunday 28 March 2021

NSW Cup 1:45pm -- NRL kickoff 4:05pm

NEWCASTLE-2021.png

1. Tex Hoy 2. Starford To'a 3. Enari Tuala 4. Bradman Best 5. Hymel Hunt 6. Kurt Mann 7. Mitchell Pearce 8. David Klemmer 9. Jayden Brailey 10. Daniel Saifiti 11. Tyson Frizell 12. Mitchell Barnett 13. Connor Watson
Interchange: 14. Sauaso Sue 15. Jacob Saifiti 16. Josh King 17. Brodie Jones 18. Gehamat Shibasaki 19. Pasami Saulo 20. Dominic Young 21. Simi Sasagi

WESTSTIGERS-2021.png

1. Daine Laurie 2. David Nofoaluma 3. Tommy Talau 4. James Roberts 5. Asu Kepaoa 6. Adam Doueihi 7. Luke Brooks 8. Zane Musgrove 9. Jacob Liddle 10. James Tamou 11. Luke Garner 12. Luciano Leilua 13. Alex Twal
Interchange: 14. Joe Ofahengaue 15. Thomas Mikaele 16. Stefano Utoikamanu 17. Moses Mbye 18. Michael Chee-Kam 19. Joseph Leilua 20. Russell Packer 21. Alex Seyfarth

fevf2bE.jpg

Referees: Gerard Sutton
Sideline Officials: Belinda Sharpe, Chris Butler
Video Referees: Henry Perenara

NSW Cup as a curtain raiser - Knights v Western Suburbs (WST feeder). 1:45pm at McDonald Jones​

Last edited by a moderator:

The_Frog

First Grade
Knights with a creamy draw to start the season, should account for Wests who have some work to do.

Speedy Gonzales

Juniors
Pearce always destroys us

if there’s a team that can convince the blues selectors to pick him, it’s us

Knights 13+

Burwood

Bench
The question is, does Newcastle have a spine good enough to take advantage of Wests poor left hand side defence? If Mann is back, he’s better known for trying to run the ball and not linking up with the outside backs. Ponga is still a few weeks away from returning and Hoy hasn’t shown much ball playing to date. Hopefully Brailey and Pearce can do the job.

Valheru

Coach
Interesting fixture. I had (and still do) both these teams finishing in the 7-12 area of the table. One team is 0-2 having played 2 teams most consider top 4 and the other is 2-0 having played 2 teams most consider bottom 4 or close to.

This game will tell us more about where both teams are really at.

Silent Knight

First Grade
The question is, does Newcastle have a spine good enough to take advantage of Wests poor left hand side defence? If Mann is back, he’s better known for trying to run the ball and not linking up with the outside backs. Ponga is still a few weeks away from returning and Hoy hasn’t shown much ball playing to date. Hopefully Brailey and Pearce can do the job.

If Mann can't get the ball to Best, Watson will just have to step up again and do what our "5/8s" can't.

GongPanther

Referee
Temp will be 27' and most likely to resemble a muggy day. which might even things up. Still, Newcastle by 28-14 if the Tiges don't fix up that right hand side defence.

Apey

Staff member
We should win this but I wouldn't tip us by any great margin. It will be close like our other games.

This Year?

Immortal
The Tigers have a habit of winning games they aren't expected to.
I can see reasons why both sides can win this, so I'll siton the fence and just hope it's a quality contest.

NewySteel

Juniors
Joey has been dropped, tigpies may have a chance now. Would expect our forwards to roll their pack though.

Burwood

Bench
Luckily, they are replacing him with Jimmy the Jet, a player well known for his defensive abilities.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Joey has been dropped, tigpies may have a chance now. Would expect our forwards to roll their pack though.

Our pack has actually been pretty good. When we went set for set with the Raiders we were beating them, and in all honesty probably the roosters too. It was our edge defence and pathetic fifth tackle options which lost us the games.

The_Frog

First Grade
Knights are like Parra. Start great and fade later. Tiges in some trouble. I'd be running at the Jet if I were Newy.

NewySteel

Juniors
Our pack has actually been pretty good. When we went set for set with the Raiders we were beating them, and in all honesty probably the roosters too. It was our edge defence and pathetic fifth tackle options which lost us the games.

Won’t argue with that, I’m just very fond of our pack these days

Latest posts