What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 R3 Thu - Penrith 12-10 Melbourne @ BlueBet

Round 3: Penrith v Melbourne

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

NRL 2021 - Round 3
Penrith Panthers v Melbourne Storm
BlueBet Stadium, Penrith (TICKETS)
Thursday 25 March 2021

NRL kickoff 8:05pm

PENRITH-2021.png

1. Dylan Edwards 2. Charlie Staines 3. Paul Momirovski 4. Stephen Crichton 5. Brian To'o 6. Jarome Luai 7. Nathan Cleary 8. Moses Leota 9. Mitch Kenny 10. James Fisher-Harris 11. Viliame Kikau 12. Kurt Capewell 13. Isaah Yeo
Interchange: 14. Tyrone May 15. Spencer Leniu 16. Matthew Eisenhuth 17. Liam Martin 18. Scott Sorensen 19. Matt Burton 20. J'maine Hopgood 21. Jaeman Salmon

MELBOURNE-2021.png

1. Ryan Papenhuyzen 2. George Jennings 3. Reimis Smith 4. Justin Olam 5. Josh Addo-Carr 6. Cameron Munster 7. Jahrome Hughes 8. Jesse Bromwich 9. Brandon Smith 10. Christian Welch 11. Tom Eisenhuth 12. Kenneath Bromwich 13. Nelson Asofa-Solomona
Interchange: 14. Aaron Pene 15. Tui Kamikamica 16. Chris Lewis 17. Nicholas Hynes 18. Cooper Johns 19. Darryn Schonig 20. Tyson Smoothy 21. Dean Ieremia

fevf2bE.jpg

Referees: Grant Atkins
Sideline Officials: Phil Henderson, Matt Noyen
Video Referees: Ashley Klein

Panthers NSW Cup bye
Storm QLD Cup feeders:
Brisbane Tigers away to Townsville at Jack Manski, Sat 4pm AEST
Falcons away to Souths Logan, Sun 3pm AEST at Davies​

Last edited by a moderator:

The_Frog

First Grade
I don't expect Cleary to play, although I expect he'll be named. On a five day turnaround impossible to complete the concussion protocols if a concussion has occurred, which looks to be the case. With Koroisau also out that makes this quite a tough ask, even at home. Burton will get a chance. I think Storm will start favourite.

mxlegend99

Referee
5 day turnaround makes it tough at the best of times. Take out Api, possibly Nathan and throw in the Storm having just lost a game it's hard to have any confidence Panthers will win.

Hopefully Bellamy keeps George Jennings to give us some hope.

GongPanther

Referee
Panthers comfortable faves in this. They need to get last year's GF monkey off their back so as to get on with their premiership quest.

This Panthers side is oozing confidence, and their general play and belief in each other is a magic formula.

Panthers by 14 at home.

Fangs

Coach
Panthers will want revenge. But if Cleary is out along with Korisau you can't go past Melbourne.

mxlegend99

Referee
Panthers will want revenge. But if Cleary is out along with Korisau you can't go past Melbourne.
I hope we aren't thinking of this game as revenge. 2 points is great. But come finals time it won't mean shit.

Only revenge we can get is eliminating them in finals or beating them in a grand final. We need to save our revenge for if that happens.

StormFred

Juniors
Given the huge amount of rain in Sydney, will the Penrith ground be available? The way the news describes it, you need a row boat to get around. I suspect the ground will be heavy and the rain continue. Don't think it will be much more than a try between them at the end. Or possible a nil nil draw after 80 minutes and the extra time played.

Fangs

Coach
I hope we aren't thinking of this game as revenge. 2 points is great. But come finals time it won't mean shit.

Only revenge we can get is eliminating them in finals or beating them in a grand final. We need to save our revenge for if that happens.

Flexing at least.

If we keep it tight with our 7 and 9 I'll consider it a win.

The_Frog

First Grade
Given the huge amount of rain in Sydney, will the Penrith ground be available? The way the news describes it, you need a row boat to get around. I suspect the ground will be heavy and the rain continue. Don't think it will be much more than a try between them at the end. Or possible a nil nil draw after 80 minutes and the extra time played.
The stadium is about 1km away from the river. The academy is supposed to be flooding but you've got the Leagues Club, Mulgoa Road (which is a BUSY road) and a warm up field between that and the stadium. The stadium has the best drainage and surface of any NRL ground. It would take another 3 days with double the rain of the last 3 to stop this game.

This Year?

Immortal
Always enjoy the Western Sydney clubs bants and as always a game between the previous seasons grand finalists always adds extra spice.

Gus will be still frothing and if Cleary doesn't play, I think the Storm win in a slog.

Kilkenny

Coach
In case you haven’t heard the Panthers have conceded zero points this year, which coincidently is the same amount of Premierships they won last year.
Harsh. Really. We lost the GF, most of us have moved on, we got beaten by a better side on the day. Unless I am mistaken we still had a reasonably success season.

Someguy

First Grade
Cleary passed his HIA so I doubt he will miss this game. Tight game to start with the panthers finishing comfortable winners on the back of a far superior bench and To’o carving up that right side of the storm.

Storms only chance is to shatter Clearys confidence early and get him to repeat his GF performance.

pantherz9103

First Grade
We haven't lost at Penrith since 2019, not that those streaks matter when we play the Storm... It will be a big effort to beat them without Api and maybe Nathan. Still, I think we can match them in the forwards and we should be fired up for the match so I'm optimistic even if not confident.

Latest posts