What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 R4 Sat - Gold Coast 4-20 Canberra @ Netstrata Jubilee

Round 4: Gold Coast v Canberra

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

no name

Coach
This was always going to be the issue with the way the Titans recruited

Big powerful forwards but not enough quality in the halves, I don't think Ash Taylor is an improvement on anyone out there either
I think a team with good forwards with shit halves is better than the other way around.
But agree, the halves are definitely one of the Titans main concerns.

This Year?

Immortal
That will feel like one that got away for the Tits. If they had their full compliment in the backline I have no doubt they would have won.

The Raiders were immense in defence but very clunky with the ball. That win showed lots of character.

Tweed Titan

Bench
I think a team with good forwards with shit halves is better than the other way around.
Fogarty was coming along well last season but he's been a shower of shite in 2021 so far. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt tonight as he was clearly carrying an injury. But I agree if he has regressed from last year we are well up shit creek if Boyd is our backup option.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Not even a pube collector. He is a toenail collector

tenor.gif

reanimate

Bench
Des basically got the Bulldogs to a grand final using Sam Kasiano as a makeshift halfback, with the real halfback/fill-in plodder being Kris Keating.

We also won 2008 with only one real half, Matt Orford, and for a good chunk of the year Menzies played at 5/8.

no name

Coach
except for tonight .. the Raiders showed their class , but the Titans with a bit more polish & time together would have gone very close tonight

If I were a Titans fan I'd be very , very happy with where they're going
Definitely happier with where the Titans are compared to the last 3 or 4 years.
They have excellent potential, but potential means f**k all if you don’t fulfill it.

typicalfan

Coach
Definitely happier with where the Titans are compared to the last 3 or 4 years.
They have excellent potential, but potential means f**k all if you don’t fulfill it.
Yes but GC are unlikely to win it this year so it's about building the culture and setting up for joining that elite few at the top and being consistently good.

no name

Coach
I’m super impressed with Holbrook.
It seems he has high standards and the side still hasn’t reached those standards.

to_ddeath

Coach
Canberra screwing me twice in a row with the tips...did a Fader last week when they appeared dead certs at home then proceed to muscle up away from home v a Tits side who should’ve done better with some decent field position tonight.
Get stuffed Pricky, I wanted to see you whine again tonight...

BadnMean

Juniors
I’m super impressed with Holbrook.
It seems he has high standards and the side still hasn’t reached those standards.

First time in years the GC haven't seemed like a basket case of an organisation. Fair chance of making the 8 this year. I think most of the comp is happy to see your fans get a decent team to watch.

SDM

First Grade
The Titans have dragged themselves out of the shit teams section, but can't get into the top section with their current halves. They have been massively over hyped.

Eelectrica

Referee
Titans will be looking forward to the day they either cut Ash Taylor loose or significantly rework his contract, that's for sure.

For the first time in a long time though it seems every one with the Titans is paddling in the same direction.
When they had Neil Henry the board said, "Good news, we signed Jarryd Hayne to a million dollar contract! Isn't that great?"
Henry: "Not really, no, not so great."

Garth Brennan either lost trust very early or never gained it in the first place.

We'll never know how close the Titans would have gone to Kev Walters which would have been a disaster.
Wayne Bennett would have been interesting, but a short term band aid whereas Holbrook is hopefully a long term solution.

Latest posts