What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 R6 Fri - Melbourne 20-4 Sydney @ AAMI

Round 6: Melbourne v Sydney

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

NRL 2021 - Round 6
Melbourne Storm v Sydney Roosters
AAMI Park, Melbourne (TICKETS)
Friday 16 April 2021

NRL kickoff 7:55pm

MELBOURNE-2021.png

1. Ryan Papenhuyzen 2. George Jennings 3. Reimis Smith 4. Justin Olam 5. Josh Addo-Carr 6. Cameron Munster 7. Jahrome Hughes 8. Jesse Bromwich 9. Brandon Smith 10. Christian Welch 11. Felise Kaufusi 12. Kenneath Bromwich 13. Nelson Asofa-Solomona
Interchange: 14. Harry Grant 15. Tui Kamikamica 16. Tom Eisenhuth 17. Nicholas Hynes 18. Aaron Pene 19. Dean Ieremia 20. Chris Lewis 21. Brenko Lee

SYDNEY-2021.png

1. James Tedesco 2. Daniel Tupou 3. Josh Morris 4. Joseph Manu 5. Brett Morris 6. Drew Hutchison 7. Sam Walker 8. Isaac Liu 9. Benjamin Marsce 10. Siosiua Taukeiaho 11. Angus Crichton 12. Sitili Tupouniua 13. Victor Radley
Interchange: 14. Adam Keighran 15. Jared Waerea-Hargreaves 16. Nat Butcher 17. Lindsay Collins 18. Fletcher Baker 19. Matt Ikuvalu 20. Ben Marschke 21. Daniel Suluka-fifita

fevf2bE.jpg

Referees: Adam Gee
Sideline Officials: Todd Smith, Phil Henderson
Video Referees: Henry Perenara

QLD Cup - PNG Hunters v SC Falcons (MEL) @ Bycroft Oval, Sat 2:10pm
Ipswich v Brisbane Tigers (MEL) @ North Ipswich, Sat 5pm
NSW Cup - Mounties v Norths (SYD) @ Aubrey Keech Reserve, Sun 2pm​

Last edited by a moderator:

Valheru

Coach
This must be the longest odds we have been for a match since 2016 and easily the least amount of pressure in a fixture since then.

Don't think we can win but excited to see what type of performance we throw up.

moffla

Bench
Closer than the odds suggest IMO. We are still finding our groove and learning how to win without C. Smith in tight games. We lost two games we probably should have won against Eels and Panthers simply due to lack of compsure during late in the second half. If the game is in the balance with 20 to go this will be a genuine 50/50.

Danish

Referee
Must be the longest odds we’ve been in a while? For good reason though.

I’d like to think we’ll back up last week’s final 15 minutes this week, but the first 40 mins against the sharks were much more troubling.

I think we’ll keep it interesting but likely go down by 10-12 in the end

GongPanther

Referee
Easts new hooker Thomas Deakin will be obviously tested, but will be the one to watch if he doesn't get overawed.

The Roosters have a knack of getting up for games like this, and I think this game was on their mind during that awful 1st half last week. Easts by 26-20.

mxlegend99

Referee
Would have been a cracking game if Roosters had their best 17 available. Unfortunately I can see Storm winning this comfortably. But with Teddy, Bmoz etc. Its hard to say Roosters are no chance..even depleted its a pretty gun side.

Someguy

First Grade
Storm defence is really average this season. Depleted roosters still have firepower to take advantage. Tab odds a bit generous me thinks

Valheru

Coach
We win this I might start believing we are a chance this year

I wouldn't say a loss in this game would rule us out of contention.

We would struggle to beat Melbourne in Melbourne at the best of times. As it stands we are playing our 4th and 5th choice halves and about our 6th choice hooker.

Tommy Smith

Referee
It's a damn shame we're missing some elite good and crucial players. You add Keary, Friend/Verrills, and Cordner to that team and we could match anyone.

But missing your starting halfback, hooker and forward leader really puts a massive hole in a still impressive line up. Which I think gets exposed against one of the heavyweights.

I feel like the Storm will win fairly well, 12-18. So no pressure going into the game which is nice.

The_Frog

First Grade
Roosters won't want to get 14 behind against this opponent. I do think a number of issues were papered over by the comeback.

Latest posts