What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 R6 Fri - Melbourne 20-4 Sydney @ AAMI

Round 6: Melbourne v Sydney

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GongPanther

Referee
No, he f**king can’t. From the laws of the game:

Play did NOT break down as a result of the infringement. Six again was signalled, and then after that he kicked the ball. The referee cannot go back and then award a penalty, because that situation does not fit what the rules say.

I mean it had no bearing on the game but the referee flat out got the rule wrong. That’s unacceptable.
Last week's Penrith game...ref gave a 6 again, Pen lost the ball during the 1st tackle and they didn't get an advantage penalty.

Wizardman

First Grade
I think amateur is being too kind.

Go to an open night at a pub and you'll see gun weekend warrior musicians ripping up on stage for fun.

Sonny is like if a random bum who never touched a guitar got up on stage and played Jingle Bells.
Agree 100%. We've seen some good commentators and we've seen some bad ones over the years. I cannot think of anybody I've ever seen more out of their depth than SBW. We are in competition with other codes and they wheel him out for expert comments.... yet someone like Sterlo is off tv land.

skeepe

Immortal
Agree 100%. We've seen some good commentators and we've seen some bad ones over the years. I cannot think of anybody I've ever seen more out of their depth than SBW. We are in competition with other codes and they wheel him out for expert comments.... yet someone like Sterlo is off tv land.

I think Anthony Griffin was pretty bad, but I’m not too sure because the bass on my soundbar is f**ked so I couldn’t actually hear him.

Valheru

Coach
Well done Storm. Way better than us. We’re lacking leadership and playing stocks are pathetically low. With Rads, Jared and SST possibly missing next week, I’m keen to see what sort of team we put together. I’ll play if I have to as long as Saints promise not to tackle me.

9 day turnaround may help.

Did they say what the injuries were?

For me the Radley one looked worse than it was and sin bin is a reasonable punishment.

Assume B-Moz will be back.

Lam?? Verrils??

Munky

Coach
I think Anthony Griffin was pretty bad, but I’m not too sure because the bass on my soundbar is f**ked so I couldn’t actually hear him.

But did he come up with such gems as 'screwing the screws' and 'nail the nails'?

9 day turnaround may help.

Did they say what the injuries were?

For me the Radley one looked worse than it was and sin bin is a reasonable punishment.

Assume B-Moz will be back.

Lam?? Verrils??

SST broken rib. Lam and Verrils still a couple of weeks I thought. Rads has carry overs

Jared?

If rads gets a grade 1 which i think is fair it is a fine regardless of carry over i think.

I think Lam is very close and veriils needed 3-4 weeks at round 4

Not sure how many carry overs he has but the failed appeal two weeks ago might put him over the edge. They’re just saying shoulder for Jared atm. As you already mentioned, hopefully the longer week helps us.

horrie hastings

First Grade
Really not a great game in general (though @sensesmaybenumbed might disagree) but we got the job done comfortably in the end.

Thought Roosters held in there quite well but in the end it was too much for them. Understandable given their losses in key areas.

Will take the win. Can never complain about beating Easts

Spot on , proud of the Roosters, players missing before the game and lost more in the lead up and during the game, the result was was better than I was expecting, Melbourne controlled the game beautifully especially the second half and never looked like losing but still so proud of my Roosters after that effort.

Latest posts