What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 R9 Fri - Parramatta 31-18 Sydney @ Bankwest

Round 9: Parramatta v Sydney

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

horrie hastings

First Grade
Another thing i am bemused by is no HIA for Cartwright after he collected Matterson's head, Cartwright's eyes looked glazed over after the incident, hmmm going to be some interesting findings out of this game.

Ceccin musta had a big night at the blue oyster on Thursday as he was f**king useless .... terribly reffed game
Also they need to f**k off the rule which caused Sivos try to be disallowed ... same with Benxi last week just absolute nonsense and the defender wasn’t making the tackle anyway

At full strength easts would beat the eels quite easily

‘Also the video ref are horrific .... how many times watching a game can you make the correct call instantly..... it’s not that hard fellas

just f**k them off completely

the phantom menace

First Grade
Good enough to get the win, and keep rolling on...

Are the Eels the only top 5 team to have beaten all the other top 5 teams this season? :)

lazza

Juniors
I still dont know how leading with the knees causing major injury isn't a straight send off?
This whole thing about protecting the players head from concussion doesn't extend to other body parts apparently. Free for all to twist knees and puncture someone's lung with their own broken ribs.

shear_joy9

Coach
Ceccin musta had a big night at the blue oyster on Thursday as he was f**king useless .... terribly reffed game
Also they need to f**k off the rule which caused Sivos try to be disallowed ... same with Benxi last week just absolute nonsense and the defender wasn’t making the tackle anyway

At full strength easts would beat the eels quite easily

‘Also the video ref are horrific .... how many times watching a game can you make the correct call instantly..... it’s not that hard fellas

just f**k them off completely

just a reffing shit show right from kickoff. Cecchin has always been an incompetent piece of shit. And that’s before even mentioning his hair style and irritating voice. Mooooooooove

blaza88z

Coach
The Roosters could knock off one of the top 3-4 teams on their day based on last night's effort, they'd need to control the ball and not lose key players halfway through a game but I can see them beating a big team in the finals

10$ Ferret

Staff member
Another thing i am bemused by is no HIA for Cartwright after he collected Matterson's head, Cartwright's eyes looked glazed over after the incident, hmmm going to be some interesting findings out of this game.

The Dr looked at it and decided it would probably do him more good than harm

To be truthful any team that lets that pretender score a try against them (let along 2) doesn't deserve to win

10$ Ferret

Staff member
The Roosters could knock off one of the top 3-4 teams on their day based on last night's effort, they'd need to control the ball and not lose key players halfway through a game but I can see them beating a big team in the finals

But I thought their game plan in 2021 completely revolved around losing key players during the game :)

One of 10,000 that they missed in that game.
I will say the rate of forward passes dramatically dropped once the Parra hooker came off.

It’s unsurprising to me that so many passes are being missed since they reverted to one ref, who’s usually in the defensive line at the start of the play....

The touchies are on the extremities and have players all over the place, that can impede their view at ground level... we at home get the luxury of a camera view from up high...

I thought the Morris one was pretty blatant and surprised it didn’t get pulled up. Other marginal ones don’t surprise me though at all...

I rarely get annoyed at forward passes these days coz it’s a symptom of one referee. I never thought we should go back to one ref, rather have two distinct areas each ref should adjudicate on...

I just accept now that forward passes are part of the game coz one guy in the defensive line can’t be expected to see what we can on tv...

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I have never heard such bias commentating from Fox commentators in all my life.

horrie hastings

First Grade
Considering Parra had about 65% possession compared to 35% for the Roosters it was a huge effort for the Roosters to still have a chance of winning with 7 mins to go, the possession against them they really only had themselves to blame with all the six agains given away and the dropped balls, apart from that aspect of the game i was proud how they just kept on going making Parra really fight tooth and nail for the win .

Last edited:

The_Frog

First Grade
Considering Parra had about 65% possession compared to 35% for the Roosters it was a huge effort for the Roosters to still have a chance of winning with 7 mins to go, the possession against them they really only had themselves to blame with all the six agains given away and the dropped balls, apart from that aspect of thd game i was proud how they just kept on going making Parra really fight tooth and nail for the win .
The thing is, Roosters couldn't have done much more with the side they could put out there, while Parra weren't very good, yet they still controlled possession and never looked like losing.

This is one salty thread.
images