What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 R9 Fri - Penrith 48-0 Cronulla @ BlueBet

Round 9: Penrith v Cronulla

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

NRL 2021 - Round 9
Penrith Panthers v Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks
BlueBet Stadium, Penrith (TICKETS)
Friday 7 May 2021

Jersey Flegg 2:15pm -- NSW Cup 3:45pm -- NRL kickoff 6pm

PENRITH-2021.png

1. Dylan Edwards 2. Charlie Staines 3. Stephen Crichton 4. Matt Burton 5. Brian To'o 6. Jarome Luai 7. Nathan Cleary 8. Moses Leota 9. Apisai Koroisau 10. James Fisher-Harris 11. Viliame Kikau 12. Kurt Capewell 13. Isaah Yeo
Interchange: 14. Tyrone May 15. Spencer Leniu 16. Matthew Eisenhuth 17. Liam Martin 18. Scott Sorensen 19. J'maine Hopgood 20. Robert Jennings 21. Mitch Kenny

CRONULLA-2021.png

1. Will Kennedy 2. Mawene Hiroti 3. Will Chambers 4. Jesse Ramien 5. Connor Tracey 6. Shaun Johnson 7. Chad Townsend 8. Aiden Tolman 9. Blayke Brailey 10. Aaron Woods 11. Briton Nikora 12. Wade Graham 13. Toby Rudolf
Interchange: 14. Braydon Trindall 15. Teig Wilton 16. Jack Williams 17. Billy Magoulias 18. Matt Moylan 19. Josh Dugan 20. Franklin Pele 21. Jenson Taumoepeau

fevf2bE.jpg

Referees: Chris Butler
Sideline Officials: Jon Stone, Drew Oultram
Video Referees: Matt Noyen

NSW Cup
Penrith v Newtown (CRO) at Bluebet, Fri 3:45pm​

Last edited by a moderator:

yobbo84

First Grade
Correct me if I'm wrong but this is the Panthers 8th (of 9) game vs a team in the current bottom 8, yes? I understand that the reason some of these teams are in the bottom 8 is because they lost to the Panthers, but that's a pretty remarkable draw.

Valheru

Coach
Whatever your draw, you can't do much more than go 8-0 with +154.

That's true but I don't think it is unreasonable to point the draw out though. They have only had 3 away games so far against dogs, Manly (pre Turbo) and Broncos. They don't control the draw though and they do play the other 4 sides whom everyone thinks can win the comp twice throughout the year.

age.s

First Grade
That's true but I don't think it is unreasonable to point the draw out though. They have only had 3 away games so far against dogs, Manly (pre Turbo) and Broncos. They don't control the draw though and they do play the other 4 sides whom everyone thinks can win the comp twice throughout the year.

It's not unreasonable, it's just not particularly relevant, from either a pro or anti Penrith perspective. There's a handful of teams that can win it this year. We're one of them. Draw has been reasonably straight forward but we've done as well as a legit contender should with it. Only thing that matters is how things go at the end anyway.

That said, would rather get the easy part of the draw out of the way in April/May and have the tune up closer to September.

The_Frog

First Grade
That's true but I don't think it is unreasonable to point the draw out though.
Parra have had much the same as us, except they lost to the Dragons. The Storm have had the hard start, all of the big 5 and facing the Bunnies for the second time this week.

franklin2323

Immortal

So when the draw was announced in Nov. You had us tipped to be 8-0?

yobbo84

First Grade
Why so defensive Panthers fans? You're still the best team in the competition. Just pointing out the draw. For what it's worth we've had it pretty easy too, only playing the Storm, Roosters and Titans out of the Top 8 so far. Our tough draw starts Thursday.

Games vs Top 8 (as of end of round 8 - top 5 in bold):

Panthers - 1 (1-0)
Eels - 2 (1-1)

Titans - 2 (0-2)
Rabbitohs - 3 (2-1)
Dragons - 3 (1-2)
Roosters - 4 (2-2)
Warriors - 4 (2-2)
Tigers - 4 (1-3)
Sharks - 4 (1-3)
Bulldogs - 4 (0-4)
Cowboys - 4 (0-4)
Storm - 5 (3-2)
Knights - 5 (1-4)
Raiders - 5 (1-4)
Sea Eagles - 7 (2-5)
Broncos - 7 (1-6)

Last edited:

Valheru

Coach
Parra have had much the same as us, except they lost to the Dragons. The Storm have had the hard start, all of the big 5 and facing the Bunnies for the second time this week.

Yeah that's fair commentary. Parra in the same boat.

The_Frog

First Grade
Why so defensive Panthers fans? You're still the best team in the competition. Just pointing out the draw. For what it's worth we've had it pretty easy too, only playing the Storm, Roosters and Titans out of the Top 8 so far. Our tough draw starts Thursday.

Games vs Top 8 (as of end of round 8 - top 5 in bold):

Panthers - 1 (1-0)
Eels - 2 (1-1)

Titans - 2 (0-2)
Rabbitohs - 3 (2-1)
Dragons - 3 (1-2)
Roosters - 4 (2-2)
Warriors - 4 (2-2)
Tigers - 4 (1-3)
Sharks - 4 (1-3)
Bulldogs - 4 (0-4)
Cowboys - 4 (0-4)
Storm - 5 (3-2)
Knights - 5 (1-4)
Raiders - 5 (1-4)
Sea Eagles - 7 (2-5)
Broncos - 7 (1-6)
A lot of effort to post something so meaningless. If you want to make it mean something you should take team 8 out (Titans) because 9-12 are all on equal wins and we've had 5 games against them.

age.s

First Grade
Now, now. I'm sure we can all come together and mourn the #adversity experienced by the Broncos with such a terrible draw.

First Thursday night footy forces them to play a second time slot, now this!

Latest posts