What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 R9 Sat - Canberra 16-24 Newcastle @ McDonalds Park

Round 9: Canberra v Newcastle

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pete Cash

Post Whore
comfortably the worst back 5 in the comp and it's not even close. Ricky can't blame anyone but himself for it.

It was obvious last year our outside backs were simply not Good enough with the current interpretation of the rules but other clubs hadn't got it right themselves. So it favoured teams who already had these weapons (Penrith and Melbourne)

But a full season in and we are as outdated as blasting papa roach on a CD walkman

Apey

Staff member
Oof when Ponga and Best were out earlier this year I'd say ours would have been the only one worse than the Raiders.

Rod

Bench
Yeah im not saying he's a bad player or that he's the problem, far from it. He's obviously very good and he's going to absolutely rip this raiders team apart

But i watch him every week and it seems to me as far as club footy goes, if the knights are in it, he's really a lynch pin to their success, almost nothing good comes that isn't from him... but when the game starts to get away from them, he throws the towel in real quick. I wonder how you build a consistent winner if your best player has that sort of mindset.

Possibly. I don't think he's a traditional leader or 'follow me' type player but that is a reflection of the whole club at the moment. Personally I've become convinced this year that he is a 6, and if that became the long term plan then he would need to improve his organisation and leadership at least a little bit if he were to aim to be a Lockyer type 6.

He was quieter against the Panthers and the Roosters but they are smart teams who recognized that him and Best (who was also constantly double-teamed) were basically the only attacking threats we had on the field.

GongPanther

Referee
She appears right up until the final season mate. Admittedly by season 9 the show had run its course, but bad Peep Show is still better than mostly all other TV.
My point is she left (for the US ) before the season ended, and I don't recall her being there from the start, if that is what you are alluding to. Couldn't really stand Mark's flatmate though. A punchable face if there was one.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
Any other opposition and I would be backing against Canberra, but Newcastle are hot garbage when Ponga isn't in good enough form to carry them. Between that and the media crawling up their ass all week, Canberra will come out with their tails up.

Valheru

Coach
Get on knights

2 players mrs whinging about the coach

Captain stepping down due to believing criticism towards him on 360 was an inside job.

The halfback "homesick"

Things are ready to explode in Canberra.

shear_joy9

Coach
Get on knights

2 players mrs whinging about the coach

Captain stepping down due to believing criticism towards him on 360 was an inside job.

The halfback "homesick"

Things are ready to explode in Canberra.

doubt the squad or club will pay much attention to what Tapine's Mrs says. She is an anti-vaxer after all

both clubs are in the shit atm. Canberra are just getting more attention because there are higher expectations on them. Whoever turns up with a slightly better attitude will win by 20+. Best and Ponga will carve up canberra's defense

Max_Cady

Juniors
I can only imagine the look on some dude's face when he is pumped up to just drink beer and watch a whole three games of footy....
And then he sees the first game of Canberra V Newcastle

Attachments

• images - 2021-05-07T122918.856.jpeg
    images - 2021-05-07T122918.856.jpeg
    27.9 KB · Views: 6

Someguy

First Grade
Actually like the knights for this one. Green was killing the attack last week, knights need to suck it up and admit that Mann is the man. Let him run the show and Ponga can make the big plays when needed and not be the whole focus of the attack.

Apey

Staff member
Can't wait for our outside backs to make Raiders outside backs look like the Storms.

mongoose

Coach
It was obvious last year our outside backs were simply not Good enough with the current interpretation of the rules but other clubs hadn't got it right themselves. So it favoured teams who already had these weapons (Penrith and Melbourne)

But a full season in and we are as outdated as blasting papa roach on a CD walkman

if we lose this game what will be Sticky's last resort ?

Latest posts