What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 R9 Sat - North Qld 19-18 Brisbane @ QCBS

Round 9: North Qld v Brisbane

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I don't doubt that another team in Brisbane would be good for the game but all that conspiracy bullshit about the NRL rigging the game so we would win, it's a good read.

Anyone who spent even 5 minutes watching the game would have seen multiple 50/50's that didn't go our way, that's no excuse for the loss. We weren't good enough tonight.

Brisbane 2 is a no brainer.

Not to f*** the Broncos but to give competition and to complement them.

Anyway. I’m well pissy. As someone who dragged their dirty arse to SFS from 1990-2005 and then on to 2010 during some dire years and performances, this shit will turn and you’ll be back some day.

How do you explain Lodge not going to the bin for the professional foul right on half time?

A million Cowboys players put on report for not following the script, but Sutton and the touchies turn a blind eye to Lodge performing a professional foul. He could have gone for 10 just a minute earlier for being 3rd man in after Broncos gave away a penalty.

I'd love to be a fly on the wall in Lachlan Murdoch's playroom right now. He'll be chucking his Buck the Bronco dolls out of his cot like XXXX cans at Lang Park in 1988.

You see Brown put knees in to that poor kid last night?

Or latrell derp up vs tigers.

blaza88z

Coach
You don't think that was a professional foul?

It probably was but that's not how refs are told to referee the game, you can see they only do sin bin's/send offs in certain scenarios. A ruck infringement right on the try line usually isn't one of those scenarios.

It's usually when the bloke runs 30 metres and the defender intentionally slows down the ruck or there's a swinging arm involved, not ruck infringements right on the try line. It's very black and white the way they referee the games. Last night we seen a player suffer a punctured lung and it wasn't even spotted until well after the incident. They look for particular situations, as I said, the event of a ruck infringement on the try line isn't one of those situations.

There were also a few that didn't go for Brisbane.

- The Carrigan no try
- The opening contest that was unofficially sent to the bunker and was overturned in what I personally couldn't see to be conclusive
- Cows players getting put on report all over the place but no penalty
- Our winger getting barreled into touch when he had clearly stopped moving

I could go on and on, my point here isn't to say we were robbed but to say your little movement about Brisbane cheating to beat the Cowboys of all teams is in your own head.

It probably was but that's not how refs are told to referee the game, you can see they only do sin bin's/send offs in certain scenarios. A ruck infringement right on the try line usually isn't one of those scenarios.

It's usually when the bloke runs 30 metres and the defender intentionally slows down the ruck or there's a swinging arm involved, not ruck infringements right on the try line. It's very black and white the way they referee the games. Last night we seen a player suffer a punctured lung and it wasn't even spotted until well after the incident. They look for particular situations, as I said, the event of a ruck infringement on the try line isn't one of those situations.

There were also a few that didn't go for Brisbane.

- The Carrigan no try
- The opening contest that was unofficially sent to the bunker and was overturned in what I personally couldn't see to be conclusive
- Cows players getting put on report all over the place but no penalty
- Our winger getting barreled into touch when he had clearly stopped moving

I could go on and on, my point here isn't to say we were robbed but to say your little movement about Brisbane cheating to beat the Cowboys of all teams is in your own head.
It was the 3rd infringement in a row and Donkeys were struggling to get back onside. That's a try scoring opportunity and therefore a professional foul.

The Carrigan no try was off a blatantly froward pass that ended up about half a metre ahead of where it was thrown, despite travelling just a few feet.

Donkeys second try came on the back of a blatantly forward pass just a few plays earlier.

Cowboys players were wrongfully put on report.

The winger might have been held, but it's impossible to know for sure.

At least 2 or 3 of the games we've played against your mob over the last few years were decided by refs and touchies turning a blind eye to tries off blatantly forward passes.

blaza88z

Coach
It was the 3rd infringement in a row and Donkeys were struggling to get back onside. That's a try scoring opportunity and therefore a professional foul.

The Carrigan no try was off a blatantly froward pass that ended up about half a metre ahead of where it was thrown, despite travelling just a few feet.

Donkeys second try came on the back of a blatantly forward pass just a few plays earlier.

Cowboys players were wrongfully put on report.

The winger might have been held, but it's impossible to know for sure.

At least 2 or 3 of the games we've played against your mob over the last few years were decided by refs and touchies turning a blind eye to tries off blatantly forward passes.

It was less forward than the one that Milford threw, if there was some sort of movement out to make sure Brisbane win tonight they'd have let it go.

Conspiracy theory debunked, you're welcome.