What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Rabbitohs Injuries And Suspensions

callmack1

Staff member
Not good to hear. Really feel for the bloke and can only imagine how he's feeling.

It really is disgusting some of the stuff I've read since the incident from so called 'experts' and so called 'fans.'

I think I speak for almost everyone on this forum when I say Trell, we bloody love you! We all support you 100%.

Stay strong mate and show everyone who's boss in 2022.

Latrell ‘struggling’ as partner hit with death threats

The ugly fallout of Latrell Mitchell’s season-ending ban has claimed an unfortunate victim, with the star fullback’s partner caught up in an online hate campaign.

David Riccio

Maurice Goolagong also revealed Mitchell’s partner has been receiving death threats since the incident.

Maurice told Central Coast’s Paddy & Rob Palmer on 107.7 Triple M: “I’ve spoken to him (Mitchell) every day since the incident. He’s not going too well.

“You can tell in his voice that it was an unfortunate accident.

“He’s spoken to Joseph Manu, they’ve talked about it. It was just an unfortunate accident, they’re playing rugby league, one of the toughest sports in the world.

“Some of these things are going to happen.”

Mitchell was suspended for six weeks for the high tackle that fractured Manu’s cheekbone.

Asked if he knew what Mitchell was thinking as he made the tackle on Manu last Friday night, Maurice explained: “He’s been playing that way ever since he strapped on footy boots.

“He’s always been an aggressive player, he likes to win. There was no malice in it whatsoever.

“He was just protecting his line and it’s just unfortunate the way the tackle happened.’’

When asked if Mitchell needed to change his ways, Maurice said: “That’s just the way he plays.

“When he’s doing everything right, everyone is praising him and one little incident, then bang.

“Even his partner has been getting death threats and everything as well.

“He’s only 24 years old. Off the field, if you met this bloke, I’ll tell you what, I’ll guarantee you you’d have a different opinion of the way he plays on the field.

“If it were a second earlier, he probably would’ve got him (Manu) in the shoulder.

“If it were a second later, he probably would’ve gone straight over the top of him.

“It’s just the unfortunate way that he was leaning to go into that tackle.’’

Maurice added that Mitchell would remain in Queensland to support his Rabbitohs teammates for the remainder of the season.

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
Bunker official Henry Perenara 'a scapegoat' in Latrell Mitchell controversy, says Billy Slater: https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/latrel...y-slater/36bf4853-ce4c-4e64-957c-9e076e9b7610

Phil Gould's theory for Wayne Bennett's sedate reaction to Latrell Mitchell high hit, suspension: https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/news-2...il-gould/ea4b7cb6-80a1-4fd4-b030-18c0cca1825b
I'm really loving Gus and his voice of reason against all the Helen Lovejoys out there. Keep fighting the good fight Gus!!
Yeah credit to Phil Gould, he's taking an unpopular road, but he's going in strong.

Let's face it, we all know why this is happening, and has happened to Latrell before, it obvious. I'm saying this, and I can't claim to be one of them, but I've seen this over and over. Wouldn't be happening to a Cameron Smith, or Billy Slater

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
You’re breaking up! Politis and Gould go cold over Latrell missed call: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...e/news-story/0816c4d2a9b314fadf3bc084989e0fcb
So,

from this article, reading between the lines:

Robinson is acting all nice and loving in front of the cameras, saying "oh I love Latrell, but I'm angry at him", all the while behind the scenes try it to get Latrell permanently rubbed out of the game, and abusing Jaydn Sua.

F...u Robinson you are shit scum, you always have been, you trained and encouraged your band of street thugs, you've brainwashed and ripped off our players, but treated one of your own like shit because that's what you self-entitled scum in Bondi do.

This is a f....ing war, anybody who thinks otherwise, just roll over and die, and piss off out of the way.

Jaydn Sua - you've earned the right to wear Red & Green, go out there and cream these c....

Not good to hear. Really feel for the bloke and can only imagine how he's feeling.

It really is disgusting some of the stuff I've read since the incident from so called 'experts' and so called 'fans.'

I think I speak for almost everyone on this forum when I say Trell, we bloody love you! We all support you 100%.

Stay strong mate and show everyone who's boss in 2022.

Latrell ‘struggling’ as partner hit with death threats

The ugly fallout of Latrell Mitchell’s season-ending ban has claimed an unfortunate victim, with the star fullback’s partner caught up in an online hate campaign.

David Riccio

Maurice Goolagong also revealed Mitchell’s partner has been receiving death threats since the incident.

Maurice told Central Coast’s Paddy & Rob Palmer on 107.7 Triple M: “I’ve spoken to him (Mitchell) every day since the incident. He’s not going too well.

“You can tell in his voice that it was an unfortunate accident.

“He’s spoken to Joseph Manu, they’ve talked about it. It was just an unfortunate accident, they’re playing rugby league, one of the toughest sports in the world.

“Some of these things are going to happen.”

Mitchell was suspended for six weeks for the high tackle that fractured Manu’s cheekbone.

Asked if he knew what Mitchell was thinking as he made the tackle on Manu last Friday night, Maurice explained: “He’s been playing that way ever since he strapped on footy boots.

“He’s always been an aggressive player, he likes to win. There was no malice in it whatsoever.

“He was just protecting his line and it’s just unfortunate the way the tackle happened.’’

When asked if Mitchell needed to change his ways, Maurice said: “That’s just the way he plays.

“When he’s doing everything right, everyone is praising him and one little incident, then bang.

“Even his partner has been getting death threats and everything as well.

“He’s only 24 years old. Off the field, if you met this bloke, I’ll tell you what, I’ll guarantee you you’d have a different opinion of the way he plays on the field.

“If it were a second earlier, he probably would’ve got him (Manu) in the shoulder.

“If it were a second later, he probably would’ve gone straight over the top of him.

“It’s just the unfortunate way that he was leaning to go into that tackle.’’

Maurice added that Mitchell would remain in Queensland to support his Rabbitohs teammates for the remainder of the season.
Wonder how Joey Manu's feeling though

So,

from this article, reading between the lines:

Robinson is acting all nice and loving in front of the cameras, saying "oh I love Latrell, but I'm angry at him", all the while behind the scenes try it to get Latrell permanently rubbed out of the game, and abusing Jaydn Sua.

F...u Robinson you are shit scum, you always have been, you trained and encouraged your band of street thugs, you've brainwashed and ripped off our players, but treated one of your own like shit because that's what you self-entitled scum in Bondi do.

This is a f....ing war, anybody who thinks otherwise, just roll over and die, and piss off out of the way.

Jaydn Sua - you've earned the right to wear Red & Green, go out there and cream these c....
You mean Sua who on November 1 will be a Dragon- No abuse at all independent witnesses back Robbo - Ripped of what players -Keary who Crowe sacked - Players unsigned and off contract can sign with other teams.

Just jealous of Robbo as he has 3 premierships as a coach and of the affluent Chooks- The Grass is always Greener on the East side of Anzac Parade

My respect for Gould is growing larger and larger by the hour. The fact that Robinson and Politis are so pissed at him for telling the truth is just the icing on the cake. You are a deadset champion Gus!!
Gould needs to do a Sterlo and retire the bloke flips flops more than a politician -one minute advocating action on high tackles next supporting players who do them and is out of touch with the majority of the fans views including the leagues.

Last night he was even saying that Manu contributed to his injury by turning his head inside/infield(wtf) and when questioned by Chammas about his statement " that people who haven't played the game don't know what they are talking about " being disrespectful etc- Gould comes back and says he's been misquoted/misconstrued - he said it though for all to hear.

Many are dreading his commentary if Panther make the Grand Final based on last years commentary - supposed to be working for the Dogs but you wouldn't know it

Gould played when Jim Comans ran the judiciary - Mitchell's tackle if back then would have received more than the original 9 weeks before the early plea discount suspension reduced it to 6.

One of my older Brothers worked with Bob Cooper who received a 15 month suspension during Comans Judiciary time.

Last edited:
Couldn't agree more Botany. Robinson might be a successful coach but he's a scummy POS as a human being. No wonder the Rorter fans bar up thinking about him.
Own up Jimbo you have a poster of Robbo in your bedroom - dreaming he was coaching Rabbit to a premiership but alas it's only a dream

Yeah credit to Phil Gould, he's taking an unpopular road, but he's going in strong.

Let's face it, we all know why this is happening, and has happened to Latrell before, it obvious. I'm saying this, and I can't claim to be one of them, but I've seen this over and over. Wouldn't be happening to a Cameron Smith, or Billy Slater
Maybe because they didn't fracture another players cheek bone and eye socket which required 3 metal plates to mend it which he will have for the rest of his life. Yeh Poor Latrell

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
You mean Sua who on November 1 will be a Dragon- No abuse at all independent witnesses back Robbo - Ripped of what players -Keary who Crowe sacked - Players unsigned and off contract can sign with other teams.

Just jealous of Robbo as he has 3 premierships as a coach and of the affluent Chooks- The Grass is always Greener on the East side of Anzac Parade
Fool - east side of Anzac Pde is LaPerouse, Little Bay, Malabar, Maroubra, Coogee, Randwick - ALL South Sydney territory

Last edited:
So Mitchell is off contract in 2023 and able to field offers from 1st November 2022-What's the bet on the Dogs making a huge offer with Gould heading the negotiations - Yeh method behind Gould's madness one can say in laying the ground work prior to this.

Latest posts