What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Rabbitohs Injuries And Suspensions

callmack1

Staff member
Hey guys,

Time to switch focus to 2021. This is part of a forum update where I'll be updating all threads for 2021. Same threads, same purpose, it's just a freshen up.

Please stop using the old threads if you can and start using these ones.

Please use this thread to discuss all injury/suspension news.

Cheers.

callmack1

Staff member
Rumour that Brock Gardner has picked up what appears to be a serious leg injury (some suggestions of an Achilles injury) at training.

A real shame if true, I know that some were thinking he could be in line for a debut this year.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Rumour that Brock Gardner has picked up what appears to be a serious leg injury (some suggestions of an Achilles injury) at training.

A real shame if true, I know that some were thinking he could be in line for a debut this year.

RABBITOHS ROCKED BY YOUNG GUN'S INJURY
Souths have been devastated by a season-ending injury to one of their best up-and-comers, Brock Gardner.

Gardner, who graduated to the Rabbitohs' top squad last year and came close to playing NRL football several times, tore his achilles at training.

Gardner is a tall, strong back-rower who is just 21 but has built up an impressive resume.

He has played NSW under-18s and is a former captain of the Knights' Harold Matthews and SG Ball teams.

But he now faces a long lay-off - and is unlikely to get back on to the field until 2022.

https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/mole-b...warriors/8fc029ec-b3aa-4cd5-b476-edb028fe6a65

callmack1

Staff member
Rumours off other forums that Reyno pulled up with a hamstring issue at training today. No word on the severity.

Hopefully not too bad because you'd think if it was, it'd be all over the media by now.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Rumours off other forums that Reyno pulled up with a hamstring issue at training today. No word on the severity.

Hopefully not too bad because you'd think if it was, it'd be all over the media by now.
I did see Reyno with his “issue” and it looked minor to me. He made a break in the NRL v Reserves drills and something seemed to tweak with his right “hammy” but he was straight back up and did not appear in any great discomfort.
From watching the session most look to be in great shape. Gags leads in just about every drill, Lats is continually calling plays from the back, both attack and defence, and Koala is growing within the side - he was shouting left side plays at one point and looked to be playing left edge.
Arrow was, again, not working with the team training group and Junior Tatola was the same. I also watched Jacob Host in extensive 1:1 sessions with training staff. He honestly looked like he has never been exposed to this level of intensive training before. He is a big boy, much larger than Arrow at this stage of the season.

Off another site/forum @callmack1 re training today.

callmack1

Staff member
Rehab Report - Pre-season Week 8: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2021/01/21/rehab-report-pre-season-week-8/

All really positive stuff there, everyone seems to be on track for Round 1 thus far and is recovering well. A lot of hard work going around I hope.

No mention of Reyno's rumoured hamstring injury the other day so hopefully it's nothing. I'm also surprised by the info about Milne. There was some talk he'd miss half the Season but he'll be back in the early Rounds which is great for our depth. Everyone one else is coming along really well.

Only one I'm kind of concerned about it Burns. He had a lot of complications with his last hamstring injury which massively delayed his return and it seems like it may be the case here, with a different injury mind you. Hopefully he strikes some luck and is ready for the early Rounds.

callmack1

Staff member
A few comments from another forum from someone who attended training today.

Reynolds training seperate from the team running straight lines with a rehab guy.

Josh Cook arm in a sling.

Asked Cook about his shoulder, says minor injury, no op required, back on field in 2 weeks.

callmack1

Staff member
From Fox Sports, this is a relief,

REYNO IN THE CLEAR

Supercoach Wayne Bennett has allayed concerns about Bunnies skipper Adam Reynolds missing the start of the season despite the little No.7 pulling up with a hamstring issue at training.

Rabbitohs teammates were initially having a laugh after Reynolds powered through a yawing gap only for the Bunnies playmaker to go down clutching his hamstring.

Despite the injury, the South Sydney coach is adamant there’ll be no issues for the Rabbitohs Round 1 grudge match against premiers Melbourne at AAMI Park on March 11.

In a separate incident at Bunnies training, Liam Knight came off second best with big Tom Burgess when the duo had a head clash.

Talk about a couple of large loafs of bread.

Burgess needed a couple of stitches while Knight had to remain on lighter training duties

callmack1

Staff member
So just an update on the lesser reported injuries to some key players so that it's in this thread and everyone is aware.

Su'A has had an injury but I have no idea what it was. he's been training with the rehab group the past few weeks. He's obviously not playing this weekend but there's conflicting reports on whether he'll be good to go Round 1. Some say he's more likely to return in Round 3 while one guy on another forum attended training yesterday and Jaydn apparently did full contact training with the group. Time will tell.

Jed Cartwright is set to be out for 4-6 weeks apparently. Had surgery on a bulging disk yesterday.

Reyno is obviously good to go as he's playing this weekend.

No idea what's going on with Knighty but he's obviously not playing in the Charity Shield.

Jim Rockford

Bench
Good news about Reyno and for those who claim he is injury prone, they should take a look at that stat R20 posted from NRL Physio.

callmack1

Staff member
Says on the club's website that Jaxson Paulo went off with an injury in yesterday's NSW Cup game. Anyone know anything about that?

Latest posts