What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Rabbitohs Membership

Travitoh

First Grade
I enjoy how much you all love being a member and wish i could share in that feeling. Unfortunately, without feeling like there is an effort by the club to attract South Australian members, i can't justify parting with my hard earned.

It's sad really because Adelaide could very easily be Souths territory with a little bit of effort. There is already a strong supporter base here and it would only get stronger if they played a game in town.

Rabbits20

Immortal
I enjoy how much you all love being a member and wish i could share in that feeling. Unfortunately, without feeling like there is an effort by the club to attract South Australian members, i can't justify parting with my hard earned.

It's sad really because Adelaide could very easily be Souths territory with a little bit of effort. There is already a strong supporter base here and it would only get stronger if they played a game in town.
I see where you’re coming from mate but we can’t take games everywhere. If we give up one of our other interstate games or games that we take to the country eg next year Dubbo, some people will always be disappointed as not everyone can be pleased. Then the other area we take games too will be sad etc......

Jim Rockford

Bench
I see where you’re coming from mate but we can’t take games everywhere. If we give up one of our other interstate games or games that we take to the country eg next year Dubbo, some people will always be disappointed as not everyone can be pleased. Then the other area we take games too will be sad etc......
I totally get where you're coming from R20, but you can't begrudge Travitohs desire to have what we in Sydney have, the chance to see our beloved Bunnies in the flesh.

Travitoh

First Grade

I understand that but it's their lack of imagination recently when it comes to their 'regional' games. A few years ago the club took games to Perth, that was great.
Next season, Gosford is an hour away from Olympic Park. It's hardly isolated from the club.
Sunshine Coast is a bit over an hour from Lang Park, giving them two opportunities a season to watch Souths.
Adelaide? The only time Souths entered, they were in and out to train with Pt Adelaide for a day.
Adelaide gets nothing from Souths. I would settle for a game every second/third season or so and buy a membership but I'm currently closer to buying an Easts membership (though i never will) than a Souths membership purely because they've come to town the last few years.

If i buy a membership(or two potentially), i expect a game in return which i feel is fair. The club is restricting it's growth potential by not recognising their status in expansion markets.

Last edited:

callmack1

Staff member
I'd absolutely love to see Souths take a Home game to Adelaide, would do nothing but wonders in terms of growing our supporter base. For the same reason I'd friggin love the club to bring home games across here to NZ every few Seasons. Now wouldn't that be awesome?!

Rabbits20

Immortal
My membership kit arrived today!!
Just got an email this morning saying membership card is now an e-card whatever that means and that it’s 4-6 weeks away.

Got a second email saying membership pack will come with the card in the next 4-6 weeks.

So we will be lucky to have them by mid January at this rate........

There will be quite a number of unhappy people. I just don’t know why the club doesn’t come out and admit there is issues as it’s coming from China and with COVID it’s thrown things out, like at least be honest with the members.

Tbh I don’t think they know what emails they’re sending out, since Richo left the membership dept doesn’t seem to be running as smoothly.

We renewed in the second week that you could renew as well.

callmack1

Staff member
Just got an email this morning saying membership card is now an e-card whatever that means and that it’s 4-6 weeks away.

Got a second email saying membership pack will come with the card in the next 4-6 weeks.

So we will be lucky to have them by mid January at this rate........

There will be quite a number of unhappy people. I just don’t know why the club doesn’t come out and admit there is issues as it’s coming from China and with COVID it’s thrown things out, like at least be honest with the members.

Tbh I don’t think they know what emails they’re sending out, since Richo left the membership dept doesn’t seem to be running as smoothly.

We renewed in the second week that you could renew as well.
So weird that I've got mine yet so many others in Sydney are waiting for theirs.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Well well well what a surprise today our memberships came. Certainly wasn’t expecting it as the last email a couple of days ago said 4-6 weeks.

Anyway great that it has come. I haven’t tried the cap on yet I will after I shower soon. Love the GI coin, the lanyard looks very nice, member sticker great as always and finally there was no e-card I still got a membership card which is great my usual diamond ticketed membership card. This year chose to have Campbell Graham on the front.

So yeah a great surprise to come home too.

Latest posts