What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Rabbitohs Pre-Season

callmack1

Staff member
Really liked that Latrell article, thanks for sharing. Latrell seems very, very excited. That's an ominous sign for other clubs...

callmack1

Staff member
They finished before midday and at risk of sounding overly positive as I’m prone to do they were excellent, it was military precision. Latrell is f**king awesome.

Comments from another forum in regards training today.

callmack1

Staff member
Not sure how true this is, but I saw an Instagram post today that pretty much quoted Wayne saying he hs settled on Murray at 13 for this year and that Arrow will be 'somewhere in the 17.' Very interesting if that's true. I can't see Jai coming from the bench so maybe we will be the one to start on an edge, or at prop?

Has anyone seen this elsewhere?

callmack1

Staff member
From News Corp, this confirms that Murray will start the Season at lock. I'm all for it. Also glad to hear that Arrow's hamstring injury is pretty minor.

Rabbitohs’ star signing is in some doubt to start the NRL season, with a NSW Origin star set to win the race for the bunnies No.13 jersey.

South Sydney’s star recruit Jai Arrow has suffered an injury setback as coach Wayne Bennett declared NSW Origin gun Cameron Murray had won the race for the Rabbitohs’ No. 13 jersey.

Arrow has missed three weeks of pre-season training at his new club after suffering a hamstring strain.

The former Gold Coast Titans gun is back in training now, but is out of the running for his favoured position at Redfern.

After suffering a hamstring injury in Game One of last November’s State of Origin series, Murray is on track to start the 2021 NRL season at lock for South Sydney.

Bennett flirted with playing Murray in the second row early last season before moving the workhorse back to his most dangerous position.

Arrow, 25, has joined the Rabbitohs this season on a four-year deal, but Bennett is yet to decide where to play the Queensland Origin representative after using him off the bench for the Maroons.

“Jai had an injury to his hammy, but it wasn’t serious,” Bennett said.

“He missed two or three weeks of training but he is back with us now and doing full training.

“He keeps telling us he is really happy at Souths and he seems to enjoy living in Sydney. He has settled in well.

“He’s a great guy, Jai, he is very sensible and a team oriented guy. He forms good relationships with his teammates.

“I haven’t decided where he will play. We have a few forwards jostling for positions.

“There is no doubt that Cameron Murray will be the 13 but Jai will be in the 17 somewhere. He has a lot to offer.”

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Like every season I think our success depends on our fullback. If Latrell can step up to Greg Inglis' level then we're in for a good year but if he comes back slow and off the pace we might be in trouble. Loving the signings of Benji Marshall and Josh Mansour. I thought our experience was really lacking at the back end of the season. Will also help cover us for that all important shitshow they call in 'Origin' in the middle of the season. Experience is the key to winning premierships and although our club is one of the top performing clubs in the NRL we lack execution when it comes to the big games.

callmack1

Staff member
Training Gallery - Pre-Season Week 10: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2021/02/03/training-pre-season-week-10/

The boys have gone to camp on the Central Coast. Not sure for how long. Judging by everyone's Instagram stories though, they look to be having a great time!

For & Against - Will Benji make a big impact at Rabbitohs?: https://www.nrl.com/news/2021/02/04/for--against-will-benji-make-a-big-impact-at-rabbitohs/

‘He’s got a point to prove’ - Former teammate backs Benji to break into Souths’ starting side: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...n/news-story/a0fb06f9c6126082fd55119b8c554c7d

callmack1

Staff member
Training Gallery - Pre-Season Week 10: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2021/02/05/training-gallery-pre-season-week-10-central-coast/

From Fox Sports, I'm still unsure how I feel about this,

BENJI’S BUNNIES GUARANTEE

Souths are looking at Benji as an ideal No.14.Source: News Corp Australia

New South Sydney recruit Benji Marshall has been guaranteed he’ll be in the Bunnies best 17 to start the season with the Rabbitohs to use the Kiwi champion as a utility on the interchange bench.

With the new adjustments to the rules - especially the six-again for being inside the 10m and a handover for an incorrect play-the-ball - the NRL is tipped to become a fraction of a second quicker once again.

The Bunnies believe Marshall could be the perfect no.14 and have got a spot available following the departure of Corey Allan to Canterbury-Bankstown.

With the acquisitions of Jai Arrow, Josh Mansour and Marshall over the off-season, South Sydney have genuine reason to believe they can go all the way this year.

Hi Callmack
Been awhile since Ive been on here
I have some short vids of the boys training and can only send them via personal email (files too big to post on forum)
If you are interested let me know
Not sure how to message privately on this forum

Latest posts